Opening day prices compared to later date prices?

I‘ve never rebooked before! If I’m using a DU TA, I would contact her, cancel the booking and rebook a VGT rate? Will the deposit money just transfer? Thank you!
They can transfer the deposi, but you do have ask.

I‘ve never rebooked before! If I’m using a DU TA, I would contact her, cancel the booking and rebook a VGT rate? Will the deposit money just transfer? Thank you!

I did this with DU and they cancelled my one booking and re-booked the GT rate and transferred all the money I paid on original to the new booking and I just had to pay the remainder of the balance then.

i normally booked 4E too! I’m at the point if I can’t have the extended veranda I’m fine booking oceanview. No other veranda compares.
Dumb question - does 4E have bigger veranda than other cat 4 rooms or is it just that the cat 4 rooms all have the bigger veranda? Thanks

I booked through Costco and they made me pay in full when I rebooked the VGT rate and wait 14 days for my deposit refund. It was my first cruise and I didn’t know any better.

Dumb question - does 4E have bigger veranda than other cat 4 rooms or is it just that the cat 4 rooms all have the bigger veranda? Thanks
I choose the 4E aft. Yes they have the larger verandas decks 6-10. There are also 4E on both sides of the ship, forward and aft, on deck 5.

Dumb question, but does DCL ever do discounts like the parks/resorts, and if you use a TA will they rebook for you?

Dumb question, but does DCL ever do discounts like the parks/resorts, and if you use a TA will they rebook for you?
No. DCL does offer some special rates for those who qualify -- mainly Florida resident and military, sometimes Canadian resident. The publicly-available offers are the IGT/OGT/VGT discounted-with-restrictions rates. Usually these are offered after the PIF date for a cruise, and they do require cancellation with penalty and a new booking. I don't know of any TAs who automatically do this, but that doesn't mean no - especially if you made the request in advance.

No, but travel agents get great discounts. I haven't found a benefit to using one.
Mine puts up with my endless questions, which saves me time doing at least some research, I reckon. :)

I have never booked VGT/OGT. What is the difference between these two?

they will rebook if you ask them too. My TA recently canceled 3 cruises for us and booked 3 new restricted (sale) cruises for sept, Oct, & November . The phone lines waits are extremely long, so she spends countless hours doing these phone calls. She made sure waitlists were set up for dining and just recently my refunds hadn't arrived, so she called and researched it and provided me with all the amounts and exactly where the payments went to in terms of credit cards, gift cards. Since I use a Dreams Unlimited TA they also give an onboard credit. It’s $50 per $1000 of your price (if your cruise is $3000 = $150). If you book it and then transfer it to a TA that obc is only half. So it’s best to let them do a new booking. TA services to you is free. if a TA books your cruise, you can not contact dcl on your own. Only your TA can. However, you do book all your own excursions, tastings, meet & greets, specialty meals on your own via the app and website. I don’t need much since I cruise often, but having her take of all of the bookings, cancellations, and adding requests for me makes my life easy.

VGT guarantees a verandah room (I've gotten 5A and 5C on the Dream/Fantasy respectively). OGT guarantees at least an oceanview room.
we usually get 5A and 5 C, but our last VGT (end of April 2022) we got 2 connecting cabins in a category 4B. Best upgrade ever. One room slept 5 so neither teen granddaughter had to use the upper bunk. I’m really nervous for our September cruise. I Think that last one use up the last of our pixie dust.

No. DCL does offer some special rates for those who qualify -- mainly Florida resident and military, sometimes Canadian resident. The publicly-available offers are the IGT/OGT/VGT discounted-with-restrictions rates. Usually these are offered after the PIF date for a cruise, and they do require cancellation with penalty and a new booking. I don't know of any TAs who automatically do this, but that doesn't mean no - especially if you made the request in advance.
and keep in mind, if you have a stateroom assignment ( your special location) you lose that and are GTY.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter