Online Check In and Room Requests

Abharmagic

DIS Veteran
Hello- my vacation is paid off!!!

Considering online check in, but I have a few room requests. We are staying CSR Business class and I want:

- A room on the 2nd floor or higher (not ground floor) and not near the elevator *ding* I have a kid with Aspergers
- To get in my room early (if possible) we are arriving at 9 AM going to Typhoon Lagoon and want to be back to rest in our room at 1-2 PM if possible.

Can you request these things at online check-in? I have never done it before. Am I better off just checking in in person? I will understand if the early check in is not available-- I figured I'd give it a try, as for the room request, it's more important.

I think in person. Online check in only has 4 options and you can only choose two. They are ground floor, second floor and corner room and top floor.

With online check in, you have a better chance of getting into your room early but less of a chance to get your request met. The room assigner's main priority with online check in guests is to get you into a room around the time you arrive, and requests are looked at secondary if at all. If you decide to do online check in and find your request wasn't met, you can ask for your room to be changed but nothing is guaranteed. With CSR Business Class, all rooms are in Cabanas 9B so there's less inventory to work with also.

Hello- my vacation is paid off!!!

Considering online check in, but I have a few room requests. We are staying CSR Business class and I want:

- A room on the 2nd floor or higher (not ground floor) and not near the elevator *ding* I have a kid with Aspergers
- To get in my room early (if possible) we are arriving at 9 AM going to Typhoon Lagoon and want to be back to rest in our room at 1-2 PM if possible.

Can you request these things at online check-in? I have never done it before. Am I better off just checking in in person? I will understand if the early check in is not available-- I figured I'd give it a try, as for the room request, it's more important.

I would suggest calling Disney and having your requests noted on your reservation now. Then do online check-in to expedite your check in process. All rooms are assigned by a computer (there are no human room assigners any more). When you do online check in, you still interact with a CM at check in. If you don't like the room that was assigned, simply ask if it can be changed. We always do online check in and still ask at check in for our requests to be honored if they aren't initially. If the room you want is available, they will be happy to switch you.

I did online check in but didn't check any choices. I called member services (we are DVC members) to make requests. My nephew has epilepsy and his trigger is getting off of his sleep pattern so part of the reason we got MK view at BLT was so he could watch the fireworks from our villa. I explained all of this to the CM who was super nice. Although she couldn't guarantee we will get the exact room I requested, she said that she made a note of everything I told her. We arrive in 18 days so we will see! :yay:

Marthasor said:
I would suggest calling Disney and having your requests noted on your reservation now. Then do online check-in to expedite your check in process. All rooms are assigned by a computer (there are no human room assigners any more). When you do online check in, you still interact with a CM at check in. If you don't like the room that was assigned, simply ask if it can be changed. We always do online check in and still ask at check in for our requests to be honored if they aren't initially. If the room you want is available, they will be happy to switch you.

This is exactly what we do. We always arrive early and our room has always been ready! And our requests have also coincidentally been met. This past trip was the first trip where we requested Casitas 3 and got Casitas 2. DH and I had already decided if our request wasn't met we would first take the room and see if it was ok. We ended up loving this particular location! It was great. We love online check in and would definitely recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter