One more question--eastern or western in summer?

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
Well I bounced a 7 day in 2004 off of DH--he's amazingly receptive but he is leaning toward western--he's been to Cozumel--I see pros and cons of both. This would be late June or early July 2004, 2 category 10 rooms for the 5 of us. Anyone have any suggestions?
Robin M.

Originally posted by Rock'n Robin
Well I bounced a 7 day in 2004 off of DH--he's amazingly receptive but he is leaning toward western--he's been to Cozumel--I see pros and cons of both. This would be late June or early July 2004, 2 category 10 rooms for the 5 of us. Anyone have any suggestions?
Robin M.

Well, since it seems your dh was a little hesitant on doing a cruise -- I'd do the Western since he's more interested in that itinerary. He may even like it so much that you can book the Eastern while on board getting you the discount!!. HTH

I personally think the Western has a bit more interesting itinerary St. Thomas is OK, but really wish there was more time to go to St. Johns.

We enjoyed the Western last summer - I enjoyed all the stops, even Key West (which I was least excited about).

My daughter, however, has voiced that she would like the extra day at sea provided by Eastern.

I like the eastern better, for the extra day at sea and the fact that it doesn't stop at Cozumel. I also wish that there would be more time at the St. Thomas stop. I actually asked one of the officers about this once. It seems most of the ships stay there until 6:00pm or so. I was told that the Magic needs to leave St. Thomas when it does (4:45pm) because of the long haul it has to get to Castaway Cay on Friday morning. Any extra time at St. Thomas would take away from time spent at Castaway Cay. It's for this reason that the Magic is often the first ship out of the harbor, even when others are leaving behind it.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter