One Family, One Year - An AP finale & June 2010 PTR! - 7/6 TR STARTED!!!

Ooh! ooh! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
limoncello ...

let me do that again...

ooh! ooh! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

If you like those ramon fizzes I shared over christmas (with the lemonade?) YOU will love limoncello... you can mix it with vodka and ice and simple syrup and blend.... practically a grey goose slushie... practically. AND it makes super lemon drops. AND I have a cake recipe... AND with vanilla icecream... I know I know (sounds gross) BUT not at all!

Okay. That was really exciting. I am tired now. :lmao:

What book??!!

Exactly what I wanted to hear! :thumbsup2

I was going to tell you that I needed the cake recipe, but I see Christine has beat me to it, and you have already posted it. :goodvibes We are big ice cream sundae eaters at our house, so it sounds perfect on ice cream!

The book was Very Valentine (the main character's name) by Adriana Trigiani -- I love all of her books. This one the main character ends up visiting Capri -- judging by the descriptions, it is a little slice of heaven! Now I need to head to World Market and stock up on Italian food.

Someone sent DH a few photos -- but they are hard copies, it was funny seeing him in front of the great pyramids! He looks like he was added to the picture!! :laughing: Okay, so I now have to ask him where did you REALLY go for spring break??!! :rotfl:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Oh, and about the game, I doubt we will ever play -- Griff just wants to play WITH it... :laughing: I heard him mumbling something about his Indiana Jones legos.... and the temple of doom.. :rotfl: Thanks to DHS, I guess he has a storyline!

That would be Connor, too, I suspect.

True story. I am sitting here DIS'ing... sipping limoncello! You MUST try it Miss Jackie. It is strong by itself- it's vodka that has been aged with lemon peel, essentially. One of my favorite summer drinks is a shot of limoncello with prosecco (sparkling white wine). I keep it in the freezer and it is a delightful after dinner drink. Try it!

BTW you can get a shot of limoncello in the Italy pavilion in Epcot. Ironically they are stricter about this than the wine and do much more "carding" for limoncello.

Happy- please share your limoncello recipes! :worship:

Christine, what a coincidence!!! I love the idea of mixing it with prosecco! Can't wait for summer more so than ever!

Hahahahah I LOVE limoncello too!! I always have a bottle in my freezer!! I will have to try that with some prosecco Christine! Wow we are all just jumping from thread to thread enabling along the way!!! :rotfl2:

Tracy

It's so funny to me that I had never heard of limoncello before Monday when I started that book, but you all are all acquainted with it. You have been holding out on me! :laughing:

OKAY. Here is one that is my favorite, I discovered it a few years ago..
Really, limoncello on icecream is my favorite... I know it sounds weird... THAT and slushies!

Limoncello cake

2 eggs
1 cup plain yogurt (Greek yogurt is best)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
zest of 1 lemon
5 Tbsp limoncello liqueur
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
whisk together the eggs, yogurt, sugar, oil, lemon zest and 3 Tbsp limoncello. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix with a rubber spatula. Do not overmix should all be moistened together, don't use a mixer!

Spray an 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray and pour the batter in. Bake close to 35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean and the top of the cake is just turning golden. Cool the cake in the pan for 2 minutes, use a knife to gently separate the cake from the edges of the pan, then pop out the cake and put it on a rack. (I have never used a small bundt pan, but a friend of mine did, and it was very cute! )

While the cake is cooling, mix the powdered sugar with the remaining limoncello in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon this glaze over the warm cake and spread with the back of the spoon. The glaze will set in just a few minutes. It is messy, but once the glaze is on, carefully transfer to another plate. This is a really simple cake, nothing fancy, but a really nice flavor.

Yum, yum, yum! I feel baking coming on!

IN the freezer, I love it!! :lmao: Yeah, we have some too... freezer is full right now, but come summer... :thumbsup2 I never get past having it in mixed drinks, or as an apertif. Which is how I am used to it... I just love all the lemon candy and such they sell in Capri, on that coat in Italy, Amalfi, I think it is, and boy the lemons and limoncello EVERYTHING, is EVERYwhere!!!!

What brand should I buy on the limoncello?

What brand should I buy on the limoncello?

yikes, this one is difficult for me b/c I always buy a few bottles in Italy, so I don't know what they sell here... Christine? What is in your freezer??!!!

Ooooo, that cake sounds yummy! I'm going to have to try that :thumbsup2

It IS really good. Light. Great with berries.

CP, be sparing on the limoncello with the icecream, try a little at a time, to make it the way you want, I usually put a drizzle or two over vanilla ice cream with a dollop of whipped cream and a few fresh rasberries... :cloud9:

Hey there everyone!!!

WELL.... we are officially getting to the TWO MONTH MARK!!!! ONE more day!!!! and then it is SIXTY DAYS until our Disney Summer TRIP!!! SOOOOO excited!!! :yay:

SO I thought I would share a few new bits of news and photos with you!

I have the good fortune of a DIS friend, one Anita WigD, who was willing to buy some Disney treats for me on her F & G Spring Break week! I wanted to have some Disney candy for the boys and their Trip goodie bags.. Well, here is what we got!

Egyptstuff013.jpg

This is perfect because they love lollies and gummies, and the chocolate we can all enjoy!

I ALSO bought some great new beach toys at Target and a new beach bag at Crate and Barrel.. The bag is really roomy and nicely made, and it was $15.00 so I felt it was a great deal for the price. They have a "picnic bag" that I am planning to go back for, and a wine bag as well (which I did buy).
I thought If I got some new beach toys these would be appropriate at Beach Club as well as Vero!!! :thumbsup2

Egyptstuff016.jpg

Egyptstuff017.jpg

I then found these little fun things, in the Easter Aisle... as they started marking all of it down! They are little "mini kites" an a card game...

Egyptstuff015.jpg

Right now I am just collecting stuff, and seeing what I want to do with everything once I get it all together. I know new crocs are in order, and a few other items, we'll see what fun goodies I can get between now and June!

Oh!
And then yesterday, I was able to log in and PRINT our GAD vouchers!!!!!:goodvibes
It was pretty exciting, though we won't be using them until October. I know it will be great to have some of the park ticket expense covered!

Egyptstuff022-1.jpg

I am still making progress with my Binder Thingy, and my plans for the trip. We got the Albatross Cruise booked for the boys, now I just have to figure out if they get the pirate "ears" or just a bandana -- because I might get the ears for them myself ... we'll see!

That is all the "new" info I have for now -- I am starting to consider clothing choices, what to bring, I have been wearing my new FitFlops, and I am glad to say I love them in the patent leather black :) They are really cute!!!

:thumbsup2

Cute beach bag!
Your boys are going to have so much fun digging into their goodie bags! Do you give it to them on the drive down? What are you putting all of the things in?

I can't wait to see the sand creations the boys come up with! That beach bag looks like hours of fun! :beach:

You have SUCH fun planning for a trip! Will you adopt me? :flower3: And don't think I'm not off to Crate & Barrel after this to check out the wine bag. ;) Everything looks terrific. Remind me... is this next trip a surprise too for the boys?

Great update! How nice of Anita to gather those items for you!:thumbsup2 You will arrive the day after us!!! As for the ears on the Albatross cruise, when my boys did it in 2007, they just got a bandana! I hope that helps!!:goodvibes

I need that beach bag... that is what I was looking for, and looked at Crate and Barrel... and they did not have one. Back there I will go!

Cute beach bag!
Your boys are going to have so much fun digging into their goodie bags! Do you give it to them on the drive down? What are you putting all of the things in?

Hi!! I have had fun putting together trip bags for them! Each trip has been something new - I think I really overdid it last summer and at Christmas, but that is to be expected!! Though we didn't do trip goodie bags on our way down in February, but that was because I was trying to pack our REAL bags let alone gift bags :rotfl: I have not quite decided how to do these, yet. I was thinking sand buckets, but I am still on the fence about that. I had found these great Walle bags last summer, they were the stuff sacks you can wear? Anyhow they were perfect, and were great as impromptu stroller storage when we had to go out and buy a stroller unexpectedly! BUT that was LAST summer. THIS summer we are going NO stroller -- well, I think the single, but that is it. I am half thinking about looking for a used stroller standing board to add to my single, so DS7 can at least take a break from walking.. not sure yet, though.

OKAY that was a BIG digression from your questions!! :laughing:

Actually we have given them to the kids on the way down, on all the trips, so on the train, before the airplane, and in the car! Not sure, probably will give it to them that day in the car again.

I can't wait to see the sand creations the boys come up with! That beach bag looks like hours of fun! :beach:

I think it will be a great diversion for them, regardless of where they play! We definitely have a few days at BCV where you know we will be scouting out lounges prime location front and center of SAB and the sand piles... AND at Vero, well, who doesn't love making sand castles on the edge of the ocean! :cloud9: Not filled yet... may just fill the bag to the gills for the trip!? And call that the "goodie bag" Hmmmm.. but I gotta get my OWN beach goodies in there... I am thinking new sun hat, new bathing suit, new flip flops, ... ;)

You have SUCH fun planning for a trip! Will you adopt me? :flower3: And don't think I'm not off to Crate & Barrel after this to check out the wine bag. ;) Everything looks terrific. Remind me... is this next trip a surprise too for the boys?

Oh I will do better than adopt you! I will let you adopt me! SO I can maybe get that adult getaway and Disney to myself ONE of these days!!! :lmao:

Oh, you know the bag is really sharp, a simple nice insulate two-bottle bag. We had one FOREVER from William Sonoma which finally cracked inside and was really falling apart, but it zipped had a shoulder strap and held three.. this is only a handled bag for two bottles, but with the matching picnic bag, I think it is a steal.. the wine bag was 14.95 too... if memory serves! :thumbsup2 However, I don't know that I needed a wine bag with a shoulder strap, (lush) so perhaps this two-bottle bag is better :laughing:

Great update! How nice of Anita to gather those items for you!:thumbsup2 You will arrive the day after us!!! As for the ears on the Albatross cruise, when my boys did it in 2007, they just got a bandana! I hope that helps!!:goodvibes

I asked and she willingly agreed! I should have had her grab me a bag of cotton candy while I was thinking about it, but that would have been SOME box!!! :rotfl: Well the day after??!! Well, you let me know what your plans are! I hope we can meet up, even for "hello" !!! :thumbsup2 Thanks for the tip on the cruise, I think they all only give the bandanas now, the one at the GF did give ears, maybe still does, but we are trying to take advantage of what is at the BC, vs. driving to the GF just for the cruise. DH and I plan to walk over to the Yacht Club dock, drop them off, then relax by the pool while the two boys are being pirates! :goodvibes Definitely beats driving!

I need that beach bag... that is what I was looking for, and looked at Crate and Barrel... and they did not have one. Back there I will go!

They may have just come out? I bought mine two weeks ago. I am sure they are available! I really like it, nice quality, flexible, not going to crack like some plastic can, it is softer very pliable, and the bright orange/red straps make it hard to miss.Gets the sand OUT before going inside!!

Are you getting excited for the trip!!?? Make sure you share your plans with me so we can say HI!!! -- I am still toying around with mine, but I am sure we can figure out something! Even if it is standing in line for icecream! :laughing:

You're off to a great start on your trip goody bags and beach stuff!:thumbsup2
I made bags for our car ride down last year. Guess I better get started gathering stuff for this year. Well, I've got a whopping 6 more days than you do to get ready!:rolleyes: Oh, I bet they'll be a long 6 days though...

Hi!! I have had fun putting together trip bags for them! Each trip has been something new - I think I really overdid it last summer and at Christmas, but that is to be expected!! Though we didn't do trip goodie bags on our way down in February, but that was because I was trying to pack our REAL bags let alone gift bags :rotfl: I have not quite decided how to do these, yet. I was thinking sand buckets, but I am still on the fence about that. I had found these great Walle bags last summer, they were the stuff sacks you can wear? Anyhow they were perfect, and were great as impromptu stroller storage when we had to go out and buy a stroller unexpectedly! BUT that was LAST summer. THIS summer we are going NO stroller -- well, I think the single, but that is it. I am half thinking about looking for a used stroller standing board to add to my single, so DS7 can at least take a break from walking.. not sure yet, though.

OKAY that was a BIG digression from your questions!! :laughing:

Actually we have given them to the kids on the way down, on all the trips, so on the train, before the airplane, and in the car! Not sure, probably will give it to them that day in the car again.

I may have to borrow your idea on the goodie bags. I ordered these backsacks that look like Mickey's pants from Etsy for each of my nephews. Their names are on the bags too. I have a couple of treats for them. I may have to get more.

Strollers are joining us on this trip also. I'm sure a used stroller board would be easy to find on eBay. Did your older son use it a lot last summer? My nephews will be 6 and 2 at the time of the trip. While I would love for the 6 yr old to walk, I'm not sure if he's going to make it in the August heat.

Oh, I love trip purchases! I really like the beach bag and toys -- that reminds me that I need to pull out all of our beach toys and see what we need to replace since it has been YEARS since we went. I guess I should start getting organized.

Woo hoo for sixth days!!! We are at the three month mark! Time seems to be flying at this point!

You're off to a great start on your trip goody bags and beach stuff!:thumbsup2
I made bags for our car ride down last year. Guess I better get started gathering stuff for this year. Well, I've got a whopping 6 more days than you do to get ready!:rolleyes: Oh, I bet they'll be a long 6 days though...

HA!!! Yeah I know how those extra 6 days will go.. POOF! GONE! :laughing:

I may have to borrow your idea on the goodie bags. I ordered these backsacks that look like Mickey's pants from Etsy for each of my nephews. Their names are on the bags too. I have a couple of treats for them. I may have to get more.

Strollers are joining us on this trip also. I'm sure a used stroller board would be easy to find on eBay. Did your older son use it a lot last summer? My nephews will be 6 and 2 at the time of the trip. While I would love for the 6 yr old to walk, I'm not sure if he's going to make it in the August heat.

I think those sound like great goodie bags! You can find all sorts of great stuff in the $1.00 section at Target (often Disney themed) and also at Michael's (if you have those)...Also Disney themed! AND don't forget those glow sticks! I get a new package of those each trip for each of the boys!

With the stroller, you definitely will want them for both of the kids, We have brought our double stroller all trips. 6 is still very young. DS7 had JUST turned 7 when we were on our last summer trip. We had a double stroller we bought in Orlando, nothing fancy, but it did the job. And we wanted it because of the crowds, and the heat. He definitely used it. He walked a little that trip, but there was so much to see, I think he liked to sit and watch and I liked it because I didn't have to watch for him disappearing or keeping up, etc.

Oh, I love trip purchases! I really like the beach bag and toys -- that reminds me that I need to pull out all of our beach toys and see what we need to replace since it has been YEARS since we went. I guess I should start getting organized.

Woo hoo for sixty days!!! We are at the three month mark! Time seems to be flying at this point!

Oh it is! For you more so I suspect, I still have lots of school testing and such to get through... What is it? five more weeks of school for you??

I was thinking of you when I got this bag ready to go with these new toys... Target has all their new summer stuff and toys! I bought the foam tube water shooters for the Easter baskets, but those are for the pool here! New Sand toys make the summer feel closer! :yay:

Oh it is! For you more so I suspect, I still have lots of school testing and such to get through... What is it? five more weeks of school for you??

Yep, five more weeks! Tomorrow starts our state testing, though, so it is going to be a bit crazy. After that, we are officially in the homestretch!

I was thinking of you when I got this bag ready to go with these new toys... Target has all their new summer stuff and toys! I bought the foam tube water shooters for the Easter baskets, but those are for the pool here! New Sand toys make the summer feel closer! :yay:

I need to head to Target soon and check out all the summer stuff. Chelsea and I need some cute flip flops for wearing to the pool and the beach -- cheap ones that can be ruined by sand and salt water. Target always seems to have some that fit that description. Not to mention, I know Connor will want some stuff to build sandcastles. :thumbsup2

Yep, five more weeks! Tomorrow starts our state testing, though, so it is going to be a bit crazy. After that, we are officially in the homestretch!

I need to head to Target soon and check out all the summer stuff. Chelsea and I need some cute flip flops for wearing to the pool and the beach -- cheap ones that can be ruined by sand and salt water. Target always seems to have some that fit that description. Not to mention, I know Connor will want some stuff to build sandcastles. :thumbsup2

OH I hate State TESTING!!!! :headache:

But YAY for Target and stuff! They do have all their flip flops out! All colors along the display very festive and summery!!! :upsidedow

All caught up :woohoo: ADR for Narcoosee’s sounds really good :thumbsup2We have kept this on the radar but have not been yet. What lovely gifts your DH bought you have some really good ideas for going along with them :yay: Goodie bags are coming along nicely together with your beach bag. Feeling hungry now that I have read your yummy receipe.

OH I hate State TESTING!!!! :headache:

But YAY for Target and stuff! They do have all their flip flops out! All colors along the display very festive and summery!!! :upsidedow

Me too on the state testing. Since I don't have a homeroom, I get to be Seventh Grade Test Administrator which means I count in all the tests and manage any problems that arise on the seventh grade hallway. Lucky me. I will need a trip to Target to celebrate when this week is over.

Gosh, guys, sorry but I HAVE to say it!!!!! YAY for less than 60 days, 59 days till Disney YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

I am so excited!!! Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter