One Family, One Year - An AP finale & June 2010 PTR! - 7/6 TR STARTED!!!

Woo Hoo for being under 60 days!!!! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

The days will fly by and the trip will be here before you know it :thumbsup2

Okay, I will skip the details, but I do have an announcement that is crazy!

I have just discovered that I am invited to attend a training session in New Orleans June 15th - 20th. This is exciting to me, for professional reasons, however for personal reasons, VACATION, reasons, it has posed a problem... Now I am not NOT going. It is a huge opportunity. However, we are scheduled to check into BLT on the 20th, indeed are DRIVING from MD on the 19th... which means one DH and two DS's will be driving down without their DM (is that "Disney Mom" -- well, it is now!! :laughing:) OR possibly taking the autotrain without me! That is still up in the air, AND so is my arrival in WDW! So now I might be able to get out of the am training on the 20th, and leave at the crack of dawn to MCO, OR, I will come in mid morning on the 20th. OR if I can get out of the bit on the 20th, then I will fly home to MD, and drive back with the crew... OR I will leave from New Orleans on the evening of the 19th if there is time and stay at a cheap resort that night WAITING for my guys to get here on the 20th!! So many up in the airs! :scared1: Well, what I do know is that our plan for lunch at Yak and Yeti is likely going to be tabled. Well MOVED to another point in the trip if I can make another ADR!! :headache:

We'll have to see how it all unfolds!

Oh! AND 55 days until DISNEY. :goodvibes

Okay, I will skip the details, but I do have an announcement that is crazy!

I have just discovered that I am invited to attend a training session in New Orleans June 15th - 20th. This is exciting to me, for professional reasons, however for personal reasons, VACATION, reasons, it has posed a problem... Now I am not NOT going. It is a huge opportunity. However, we are scheduled to check into BLT on the 20th, indeed are DRIVING from MD on the 19th... which meands one DH and two DS's will be driving down without their DM (is that "Disney Mom" -- well, it is now!! :laughing:) OR possibly taking the autotrain without me! That is still up in the air, AND so is my arrival in WDW! So now I might be able to get out of the am training on the 20th, and leave at the crack of dawn to MCO, OR, I will come in mid morning on the 20th. OR if I can get out of the bit on the 20th, then I will fly home to MD, and drive back with the crew... OR I will leave from New Orleans on the evening of the 19th if there is time and stay at a cheap resort that night WAITING for my guys to get here on the 20th!! So many up in the airs! :scared1: Well, what I do know is that our plan for lunch at Yak and Yeti is likely going to be tabled. Well MOVED to another point in the trip if I can make another ADR!! :headache:

We'll have to see how it all unfolds!

Oh! AND 55 days until DISNEY. :goodvibes

Oh goodness!
Never a dull moment!
I know you will get it all worked out!
Congrats on being invited to New Orleans!

Very exciting! Every milestone counts! :dance3:

Woo Hoo for being under 60 days!!!! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

The days will fly by and the trip will be here before you know it :thumbsup2

Not long now, you'll be at 50 days before you know it :cool1::cool1:

Hurray for 59 days (or is it 58 days now?)! :banana:

THANKS ALL!!! :goodvibes
I KNOW YAY the week went FLYING by, I can't even keep it straight at this point! It really WILL be here before I can blink! I still have to get myself mentally ready to wear a bathing suit again :laughing: Okay it isn't that bad, but seriously! I am surfing for a new one right now!!! Pool opens Memorial Day. MUST use TREADMILL.... ;) MUST stay away from all the goodies in the pantry ... :laughing:

Oh goodness!
Never a dull moment!
I know you will get it all worked out!
Congrats on being invited to New Orleans!

THANKS!!! It is really a cool opportunity -- opens lots of doors, so I am really excited, but I wish it ended ONE day earlier!!! It might "end" in time for me to make the connection, but I have to wait to get the official documents this week sometime, Then I will know. I don't like DH driving all by himself, but he is toying with the autotrain one way down. We'll see!

How fun! New Orleans is such a great place! Do you know where you will be staying yet? What a conundrum on the trip planning front, though! Like Anita said, I know you will figure it all out. How does DH feel about driving down with the boys all by himself?

I hear ya about the pool opening on Memorial Day and the bathing suit! Ours opens then, too, but I haven't even thought about squeezing myself into a bathing suit yet. :laughing:

Great news on the opportunity. I'm sure it'll all fall into place.
Is there any way to push your vacation back a day?

How fun! New Orleans is such a great place! Do you know where you will be staying yet? What a conundrum on the trip planning front, though! Like Anita said, I know you will figure it all out. How does DH feel about driving down with the boys all by himself?

I hear ya about the pool opening on Memorial Day and the bathing suit! Ours opens then, too, but I haven't even thought about squeezing myself into a bathing suit yet. :laughing:

Hi ya! I have been to New Orleans before, last September I had a training, or I guess it was two Septembers ago, but we stayed at the "W" hotel there. REALLY nice. The conference training is something that they pay everything for, so I don't get to pick the place. I don't know all the details yet. I am looking forward to going! YES the trip planning! :headache: I did get a second Yak and Yeti ADR for the other morning/lunch time we will be at the AK, so that at least will allow me to get that in! DH and the boys can have QS all day on the 20th, if I can't be there until after noon.... but you KNOW I am NOT missing my Le Cellier Dinner!!!! :laughing:

Oh, but I will say I have just figured out that that stinker of a husband of mine was trolling the Disney website looking at room prices from the 18th - 20th, so if he even THINKS he is going to go to Disney for three days WITHOUT me, while I am at training, he is going to owe me a FALL trip :laughing: I about died when I saw that. Now he might be thinking in terms of self preserverance, taking on two boys for four days without mom does require distractions, and Disney gives that! So I am curious what he has up his sleeves... he is still sleeping right now, but I will be ALL over this later today!!!! :laughing:

Sounds like a great professional opportunity... congratulations! I am confident you guys will figure something out and the new arrangements will probably be even better than the old ones! Keep us posted. :)

And ugh to the thought of bathing suits. Guess I'd best be hitting the old treadmill too...:rolleyes:

I thinking he is brave to add more Disney time... and do the drive alone. Congrats on the conference and presenting.

Congrats on a great opportunity! I hope you are able to sneak out of there early so you can get to WDW.
Unless, of course, your DH ends up down there many days before you!;) Is he considering driving by himself? Seems like the autotrain on the way down would be better!
Have a great Sunday!

Sounds like a great professional opportunity... congratulations! I am confident you guys will figure something out and the new arrangements will probably be even better than the old ones! Keep us posted. :)

And ugh to the thought of bathing suits. Guess I'd best be hitting the old treadmill too...:rolleyes:

Well I think it is all squared away now, and I managed to fix a few things, I will update with the details tonight!

I thinking he is brave to add more Disney time... and do the drive alone. Congrats on the conference and presenting.

Well he is tossing around a few changes that make it work, so I will share all!

Congrats on a great opportunity! I hope you are able to sneak out of there early so you can get to WDW.
Unless, of course, your DH ends up down there many days before you!;) Is he considering driving by himself? Seems like the autotrain on the way down would be better!
Have a great Sunday!

Yes, well we made arrangements and they are for the best, so I will give ya all the latest in a little bit! :thumbsup2

Hiya everyone! :goodvibes

Well, we got our crazy unexpected curve ball resolved!

DH, after a little more research, decided to take the autotrain down to Disney one way! While our AP gave him a great rate at a moderate resort OR a Value (he thought about that, too!) he was able to get the Auto train for the three of them with the sleeper compartment (like we had last summer) for $500.00. This gets the three of them a place to sleep, dinner and breakfast, and a relaxing trip down, vs. driving solo. To go earlier would have been nice, too, he could get the cheap coach train seats for $300.00 and a moderate for the same $, so closer to $600.00 (and more like $500.00 if he had gone value!) but we both agreed that it is a really hectic time of year -- those final few days, wrapping everything up, grading, classrooms, et al, and without me being there, it would be even more so for him at home, etc. So instead, he can leave as we had expected, on Saturday -- but earlier than we would have -- and have a nice trip, enjoy free wine and cheese, and relax on his way down. The kids love it, and this way I am not worried about him and them driving with no back up help.

If all goes according to plan, we will be arriving in Orlando about the same time! I will take the ME to BLT and they will have already checked in and gotten sorted out (who knows, maybe even the room! So I don't have to schlep the luggage!!!! :thumbsup2)

This is if I can get out of the early session on the 20th -- a little earlier than we would normally end. I think the prospects are good for that. Leaving LATE, on the the 19th, that is a long shot, but I will see once I get all the paperwork! There is a flight out of New Orleans that gets me to MCO at 11:30am, and that works pretty fine all considering. I hope to get to BLT by 12:30pm... I am only bringing a carry-on so that will help the process at the airport...

So we will probably change our Itinerary for the 20th a bit, and I already made an ADR for Yak and Yeti on our OTHER AK am day! SCORE!! So the boys will just do QS for lunch on the 20th, and hopefully will go to AK anyhow, or, will just relax at the pool at the Contemporary until I get there.

All in all, a good choice for us. I will be away from work for over two weeks, which makes me laugh, since four days I will be at the training, and then I will be on vacation for the week and a few days following! A great way to start the summer, though, right??!!

In OTHER NEWS...

We have Birthday parties for the boys all lined up and booked, and that will fill the two weekends before I head out. And if all goes well, my new landscaping and patio will be finished by then, too, and we can have a send off BBQ for DH's birthday that final weekend.

I ordered blank Tshirts from Jiffyshirts today. So excited to make those up! And I went through all the boys shoes and ordered new Keens for DS4 and and flip flops for both! I had already just got them new sneakers. I am getting new crocs for them as well, (Bday gifts from Grandma -- the others are really worn on the bottom! -- just gotta get them to decide on the colors!)... Can you tell they were needing new footwear ??!! :laughing:

Checked swim wear, ordered new swim trunks for DS7 and pulled all the pairs that fit DS4 (he gets the hand-me-downs I am afraid :sad2: The plight of the second child!!!)

I am organizing all of their Disney Tshirts for park touring next week, and will take a few pics so you can see ...
And LASTLY...

I will hit FIFTY DAYS TIL DISNEY this week. THAT is CRAZY. :woohoo:

The autotrain is such a great solution.
You are so organized :worship: I need to get my act together.
The end of the school year is just so busy. When does school end for you? We end on June 25th in NYC. My third graders are antsy already.

The autotrain sounds like a great solution -- I must confess, I would be worried about making that drive all by myself, so my inner Piglet is quite pleased that DH went with the train idea. Although, I was hoping you would be able to snag a fall trip out of it all! :laughing:

Can't wait to see all the shirts you are pulling together for vacation! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter