One Day Ticket--HS and MK?

itsmeamanda

Mouseketeer
My son (12) and I have one day park tickets for the end of the month, and we had originally planned to just do HS that day. Now, I am trying to figure out if getting a PH and going to MK in the afternoon hours would be worth it? (maybe because I reallllly want a Dole Whip haha) What are the chances we can do most of the popular rides at HS before 2 or 3 p.m.? We are, of course, attempting to get a BG for Rise, and hoping to get to do all the Toy Story rides as we haven't been to WDE since 2011.

Thanks in advance for your help. I appreciate your input.

When are you going and do you know what the park hours are that day? Seems like a fun mom/son thing to do!

My son (12) and I have one day park tickets for the end of the month, and we had originally planned to just do HS that day. Now, I am trying to figure out if getting a PH and going to MK in the afternoon hours would be worth it? (maybe because I reallllly want a Dole Whip haha) What are the chances we can do most of the popular rides at HS before 2 or 3 p.m.? We are, of course, attempting to get a BG for Rise, and hoping to get to do all the Toy Story rides as we haven't been to WDE since 2011.

Thanks in advance for your help. I appreciate your input.
Depending on the hours for MK you could pull it off. We did one day trip last month and started our day at Epcot at around 10:30am since we drove in that morning and then PH to MK at 2pm, stayed until 9pm and then PH back to Epcot.

But since you haven't been to DHS since 2011, you may want the whole day to explore SWGE and TSL. If you do have to skip anything in Toy Story Land, skip the alien swirling saucers. It's not that great of a ride and it's very short. Another ride that would be new to you is Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway (formerly the great movie ride), it's a super fun ride and one of our new faves at DHS. You could always hop over to the Poly or Disney Springs to get a dole whip. I know they have some different/unique flavors.

The perfect day if you do decide to hop will be a low # boarding group but if you don't and you end up being later in the day, you could still hop and just keep an eye on the queue in your MDE to keep tabs on how they are doing. Also, for boarding groups, there is some wiggle room and the CM will usually let you board post boarding group if you miss it but not sure how much time they allow. Just know they do since I know a few ppl that they missed their group by a few numbers.

I think hopping would be fun. Since MK open later and if your son wants to do it, you should. Maybe Uber/lyft between parks to not waste time on transportation though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter