One day hopper help

Yep, that's what I was wondering about. That seems like a really good time for fitting it in with the rest of your plans. Sounds like you two are having a good time. Maybe you can rest your legs and eyes at that Disney Junior show this afternoon.

Yea it starts at 2:15 so we went and got in line since its nice and shaded. Cars land or GZ is next. We will take a look at maters and Luigis rides as well ( DD wants to ride Luigis as she liked it the one time we tried it ) but if the lines are long like I figure they will be then bugs land it will be for a little while anyway.

Did the bumper bugs in bugs land and DD played in the water areas for a little while. Then went to Maters JJ which said 40 min but took 25 so not bad. Resting in Flos cafe for a little bit till our RSR FP are active. DD is having a great time. Im slowing down a lot but still a lot of fun. Have to get back to DL later for Tiki room and hopefully Story book canal boats as DD loves that one. I just hate the line for it.

A repeat of POC is a must as well.

Oh yea the new Disney playhouse show is good. DD liked it a lot. I was able to sit on the benches inside and DD was near by on the floor and into it the whole time. A far cry from when she was two and just stared at the show without making a sound.

So how did the rest of the day go? It looked from your posts like you were making great progress through the list. Did your daughter follow through and ride RSR, and, if so, did she like it? Did you get through the rest of the things on the list? That sounded like one long, exhausting but fun day.

So how did the rest of the day go? It looked from your posts like you were making great progress through the list. Did your daughter follow through and ride RSR, and, if so, did she like it? Did you get through the rest of the things on the list? That sounded like one long, exhausting but fun day.

Yes DD did ride RSR and her face on the ride pic is priceless. When we were getting FPs she got scared and changed her mind about riding. But with the return time we got I had a lot of time to talk to her about it and try and prepare her for it. Shes like me in that she does better with things when she knows whats coming. She gets upset if you try and spring it on her. So by the time it was time to ride she was ok. She said she likes the slow part but not the fast part and her face shows it. I should have bought the pic so I could post it but I just used my Iphone to take a pic of the pic.

Forgot to say I had a big scare after the playhouse Disney show. DD had brought her little Kitty (a bean filled stuff animal that she loves) into the show and left it on the floor. As we were getting the stroller she realized that Kittie was gone and without thinking ran off into the crowd back to the playhouse room. She took off so fast I couldn't get to her and lost her in the crowd. I left the stroller and tried to follow her but couldn't find her. She had found her Kittie and came back to where she last saw me (by the bathrooms next to DPH) but I was by the entrance to Disney playhouse and the crowd was huge (the show was as packed as could be). In was just about to panic when a lady heard me calling for DD and said she found her. I feel bad now because I was so relieved to find her that I forgot to tell the woman thank you for helping, I just started talking to DD about running away like that into a crowd.

After RSR we did Ariels again and then GZ. We went to look at TSMM hoping the line would be shorter because the parade was going on but it was an hour so we rode King Tritons carousel instead. Then we had dinner at taste pilots but I was very disapointed to find out they dont offer the rib plates there anymore. I asked the CM taking our order and he said he wished they still did but that they were discontinued. I had the chili burger instead and DD had the kids power pack (She was so excited they had Fish crackers). They do have a good plastic Monsters Inc lunch box for only 3 bucks. When I asked the CM about it I figured it was going to be 8-10 bucks so for 3 I bought it as well for DD. That was her souvenir this trip (4 YOs can be so easily pleased sometimes).

After that we left DCA for good and went to DL. The parade was going on there so it was tough to maneuver but we made it to Buzz and rode that. Then went to POC and rode that again at DDs insistence. Last thing was we saw Tiki room show. We wanted to do Jungle Cruise but after not riding it in the morning like we should have the line was 40 minutes and growing and I decided we were done since it was after 8 and I had to drive 400 miles home. DD was asleep before I turned on the car once I put her in her jammies and belted her in the booster seat.

So all in all we rode 16 rides, 2 shows, and met 3 princesses in one day. I left feeling good and accomplished. But as I always do I look back and know I could have done more :) .

Had to stop for a couple of short naps in the car on the way home so it took us just over 8 hours for whats usually a 6 hour drive but we made it home safe. I will sleep very good tonight I think.

I'd say you had a pretty darn productive day with a 4-year old, and it sounds like you and your daughter got some great Disney time together. I'm glad she enjoyed RSR.
Scary when they're that little and get separated from you. Sounds like you were traumatized more than your daughter, and I'd bet the lady who helped find your daughter understood about not being thanked. I know I wouldn't have been offended.
Never thought of you driving all the way back all night after a full day in the park. Neither DH nor I can do that. We're not night-time or high-energy people, so a half day in the park is about all we can take before hitting the road, and I suspect that would still hold true even if we hadn't spent previous days in the park lol. I remember you saying that funds were tight though, so I can see how another night in a hotel would be tough. Glad you two made it home ok.

Wow sounds very productive! You give me hope for our trip. I keep worrying that we won't "do anything" even tho we're there for 3 days...We've just never gone during the summer.

sounds like you both had a blast :) And the running off part kind of worries me with out 17 month old, I'm tempted to go buy a backpack leash today...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter