Once Upon A Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few people have mentioned links to Lost, but did anyone catch that the clock tower was stopped at 8:15, which was also the flight number, 815, on Lost?

Lost may be over, but I guess the Lost geek in me still lives!

I enjoyed last night and even my husband watched (which was a shocker due to football and baseball). I'm looking forward to next week and looking to all of you to answer my questions.

A few people have mentioned links to Lost, but did anyone catch that the clock tower was stopped at 8:15, which was also the flight number, 815, on Lost?

Good catch!:thumbsup2

I never watched Lost, so that was "lost" on me. ;)

good eye!!! you have

I'm must be dense I don't catch the pear thing with Snow White, I thought the apple was her downfall

DH noticed that someone's address was prominently displayed as 108, which happens to be the sum of "the numbers" on LOST. I also got LOST chills from some of the music right before commercial breaks... how the music rises when something is shocking or revealing. Really reminded me of LOST.

I hope you can forgive me for not reading all of the pages, but I did want to chime in. I did watch it and to my surprise so did DBF! What was even better, we BOTH thought it was great! I didn't think it would be DBF's bottle of beer (no tea for him :lmao:) but he enjoyed it! I really hope it catches on too!!! Poor ABC needs something!!!

I noticed the pear thing too...so cute. The kids must've caught on that SW isn't so fond of apples. I think the Queen and Rumpelstiltzkin have some idea who they are and the Queen adopted Henry on purpose because she want to either control Emma. have leverage or she knew Emma would come looking for him sooner or later. I also thought the guy in jail way Grumpy and I wasn't sure about the Sheriff but it would make sense if he was the Huntsman. Still working for the Queen looks like. Grandma I wasn't sure of which Fairytale Grandma she was but the Red Riding hood one makes sense.

I enjoyed last night and even my husband watched (which was a shocker due to football and baseball). I'm looking forward to next week and looking to all of you to answer my questions.

I know! We are in Dallas and we are playing game 4 of the World Series and we still all watched this show on our TIVO instead of the game. :rotfl2:
My DH, 2 DD's (12 and 15) had the best time watching this show. Can't wait for the next episode.
Revenge is our other favorite show. Very intriguing show too.

I know! We are in Dallas and we are playing game 4 of the World Series and we still all watched this show on our TIVO instead of the game. :rotfl2:
My DH, 2 DD's (12 and 15) had the best time watching this show. Can't wait for the next episode.
Revenge is our other favorite show. Very intriguing show too.

OK, I confess, I watched it during the game too. We were losing and well, there you go.;)

I'm must be dense I don't catch the pear thing with Snow White, I thought the apple was her downfall

You know how there's the idea that students give their teachers an apple? Snow White/Mary Margaret's students give her a pear instead, since apples are her downfall. The students don't know that, but it's one of those little things that adds to the story, like the Evil Queen/mayor offering apple cider to Emma. Little parts of the fairy tale characters that carried over into the real world.

I hope that makes sense, my brain is just not articulating my thoughts very well tonight!

Did anyone else think that Emma looked older then 28? Also, what was the deal with SW's right ear (with short hair) it seems to stick out sooo far.

I wrote a blog about how much I loved the season premier - it was everything I had hoped it would be!

But I got a response to that blog that left me thinking about Disney's spin on certain fairy tales. For instance, Jiminy Cricket was created by Disney as a character in Pinocchio - he wasn't an original part of any traditional "fairy tale," yet appears as a main character in Once Upon a Time.

Taking this thought, we can turn to the brothers Grimm and how they put an oral society's fairy tales down on paper. Those tales had changed as they were passed from one person to another, but became one standard story once the brothers had put them into a book. I feel that Disney simply took those stories and put their own spin on them, although there are purists out there who absolutely didn't like the concept at all after viewing the show!

Like I said, I'm a huge fan and can't wait for the next episode! I think I will do a "Once Upon a Time Sundays" blog and recap each week!

Thanks to everyone posting all the ''clues" and their synopsis. I hope the show will continue to produce thought provoking story lines, that can be discussed in great detail with all of you. For me it adds another dimension to tv watching which I really missed. When I watch tv nowadays I am usually doing something else too, I love the fact I can now again spend an hour with my son with no distractions watching a show we both enjoy. We have hopefully found our Lost replacement:goodvibes

I also loved the show. I watched it again on On-Demand last night. One thing that intrigued me was - how did Henry leave Storybrook. He told Emma that no one could leave cause bad things happen when they try. As we saw when Emma tried to leave. So how did Henry get out? :confused3

I also loved the show. I watched it again on On-Demand last night. One thing that intrigued me was - how did Henry leave Storybrook. He told Emma that no one could leave cause bad things happen when they try. As we saw when Emma tried to leave. So how did Henry get out? :confused3

I thought about that. Could it be because Henry is not part of the enchantment? But then again, neither is Emma, really. They both came in from the real world. Maybe Emma is affected because she was born in Faerie (or whatever you want to call it). :confused3

maybe it ties into Emma's birthday wish? She wished to not be alone and perhaps she has the *power* for things to happen even tho she has no idea? Henry may have been aware that that particular day would be his opportunity so he was ready to escape at the opportune time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter