? on buying additional pts.

magickingdomrules

Earning My Ears
Was wondering how often Disney sells additional pts. to sold out resorts like BWV, BCV, VWL, ect? Is it easy to buy 50 more Boardwalk pts? Does it work by wait list? Also if I bought 50 SSR pts. could I combind them with my Boardwalk pts?

Thanks for your help!!

DVC recently got rid of its wait list for point purchases. But call your guide anyway, he might be able to find you something. I have read several posts recently indicating people are getting the points they need.

The unfortunate thing is, last summer they freed up more Boardwalk points from where the models have been. They sold them for several weeks, but those sold out too. (The models are being moved to SSR.)

You can get SSR points, but they will have a different home resort booking window. But this is not a problem once you are seven months away from your trip.

You could also look for a resale. ::MickeyMo

It is my understanding that you can purchase limited contracts of 50pts at sold out resorts by contacting your guide. I believe they will place your name on a waiting list.

Disney from time-to-time will exercise their right of first refusal if the resale price is too low and these points will become available for resale.

Good luck and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!