OMG! I can't believe that happened at DISNEY!

A couple of years ago, we were in wdw and in a stroller outside of a bug's life there was a sandwich and a squirrel saw it. He took the sandwich and proceeded to bring in out on the ground and tear into the bag and nibble on it. That was a sight to see! Hillarious
Poor person who actually brought the sandwich though

I don't have any stories to add, but I've really enjoyed reading all of them.

I did want to add one thing about swimming in the lake. One of the reasons you aren't supposed to swim is because of this horrible brain eating amoeba called a Naegleria fowleri. I was all worried about gators and snakes until I found out about this. Now, I'm not worried about the animals at all!!!!!

I have another, though it's not mine...it happened to my friend. She and her family go to WDW just about once a month (they live in FL and are HUGE Disney fans) They were on the monorail and her 11 year old DS was having a snit and refused to sit with the rest of the family. A family of Indian (people from India) sat around her son as he was a single in an area where there were several seats. My friend said that there was a woman sitting next to her DS but her legs were blocking the exit. When their stop approached my friend stood up and beckoned her son to her and he tried to shove past the woman but couldn't. Embarassed my friend told her son to be polite and say excuse me. Rudely he said "They don't speak english!" My friend said she wanted to slap her son right there she was so upset. She turns to the woman and says "Excuse me can he get by?" and in perfect English the woman shifts her legs, smiles at my friend and says "Of course, not a problem" My friend said her son couldn't even lift his head up he was so embarrassed!! And no worries...he was punished for his rudeness and insults!

Thank you everyone!! I have sat here during parts of my day and enjoyed a heartly laugh! I wish and pray ( especially if someone clips their toenails or sits a child who keeps stuffing his face and then vomits only to be handed ice cream) that if I had seen this happen in front of me I would keep a straight face.

I can add that in December of 2009, I did witness a couple of people changing diapers in the great outdoors..ie in front of the Tiki Room comes to mind!

Hi:
I don't know if this is funny to anyone else but I was so embarassed that I can look back and laugh.

I'm handicap and use a personal scooter. As I stand up to get onto the Safari ride in AK, I notice my bottom is warm and kind of wet. I have no clue what it is! I'm now thinking everyone is pointing at me and thinking I peed my pants. As it turns out, we went to Typhoon Lagoon the day before and water had wet the seat of the scooter, it had absorbed into the cushion but didn't feel wet until I sat on it. Luckily, I had a change of clothes in the car but I didn't realize why I was wet until I sat on the seat a second time and wet those clothes.

Yes, I drove around AK with my spare shorts hanging from my steering wheel waiting for them to dry. I can only imagine what people were thinking!

I can add that in December of 2009, I did witness a couple of people changing diapers in the great outdoors..ie in front of the Tiki Room comes to mind!

When my ds was a newborn he pooped pretty much non-stop - so we were horrible offenders of the "changing the baby in the great outdoors" thing. Just had to change him too often and got a little lazy about taking him to a restroom - every time. :)

My own "can't believe...." story... was on our first day - we'd hurriedly shoved breakfast down the kids throats and run out to meet the bus. Some how, I hadn't managed to eat myself, save a small section of orange. As I hadn't eaten much the night before, and I guess the nerves and excitement of the day, I started feeling *horrible* on the back of the bus. Fortunately we had a small lunch bag with us and quickly emptied the contents... Nothing came up and the crowd on the bus was small (less than 1/2 a dozen) but golly I felt horrible dry heaving on the back of the bus at Disney - scraed to death that something would come up!!! :sick::sad1:

This past September, while on vacation for the kids birthdays, we went to Chef Mickeys , and my 6yo DD was eating very fast that she ended up throwing up on Goofys foot about 20 minutes into our dinner. Then after desert, my 3yo DS decided it was his turn and threw up on Pluto. Needless to say, my wife was in complete horror for what happened. I was just happy that it wasnt me that was getting puked on.

Also, while we were there, we did breakfast at Cinderella's Castle, and my DS got a kiss from one of the princesses on his cheek, and proceeded to ask Mommy for a wipey to make it go away. He was not fond of them at this young age.

I don't have much to share just once saw a toddler peeing in the bushes at a water park. But can you imagine the stories the Cast Members could tell! :rotfl:

I have one -

We were in line for the Disney Visa Meet and Greet. There was a woman in front of us waiting also. She obviously was waiting for others - empty stroller and backpack on the floor next to her. So this woman sits down on the floor, takes her shoes off and proceeds to cut her toenails. :confused3:eek:
So as she is doing this her husband comes up with her small son. He tells her he finally found a clean bathroom. Then she says "I know the bathrooms around here are so disgusting, I would won't to even set foot in them!!"

My family and I were thinking - are you flipping kidding me!!! All we could do was laugh!:rotfl:

:eek::scared1::confused3 Ok, that's just gross and wrong. I have co-workers who clip their nails at their desks, it's just gross......we also have employees who restring guitars at their desks and use nail clippers to clip the strings so sometimes it's hard to know if I should be skeeved or not. LOL But in that case I would definitely be skeeved.

A couple of years ago, we were in wdw and in a stroller outside of a bug's life there was a sandwich and a squirrel saw it. He took the sandwich and proceeded to bring in out on the ground and tear into the bag and nibble on it. That was a sight to see! Hillarious

:lmao: That's a smart squirrel!! :)

I have another, though it's not mine...it happened to my friend. She and her family go to WDW just about once a month (they live in FL and are HUGE Disney fans) They were on the monorail and her 11 year old DS was having a snit and refused to sit with the rest of the family. A family of Indian (people from India) sat around her son as he was a single in an area where there were several seats. My friend said that there was a woman sitting next to her DS but her legs were blocking the exit. When their stop approached my friend stood up and beckoned her son to her and he tried to shove past the woman but couldn't. Embarassed my friend told her son to be polite and say excuse me. Rudely he said "They don't speak english!" My friend said she wanted to slap her son right there she was so upset. She turns to the woman and says "Excuse me can he get by?" and in perfect English the woman shifts her legs, smiles at my friend and says "Of course, not a problem" My friend said her son couldn't even lift his head up he was so embarrassed!! And no worries...he was punished for his rudeness and insults!

OMG, I probably would have smacked my kid for that comment. How fitting for him to learn the hard way, I would have been mortified by that remark.

I love this thread!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

:thumbsup2

2 years ago we brought dd for her 1st visit to wdw. on our first day we went to mgm for lunch at 50's primetime. dd was antsy (only 6 months old) so i had her out of the highchair and sitting on the table to look around and play with the spoons, etc. dh reached for her and instead of pulling her directly across the table to his chest, he lifted her directly up into the light above the table. the glass shattered all over my dd's head. i was terrified that she may have been injured but thank god she was fine, just scared. once we got over the fear, my anger (at him for doing something so stupid!) and embarrassment (for shattering a light fixture) set in. not a meal we will ever forget.

just remembered one more...

when i was about 11 years old we were in wdw. my stepfather accidently slammed the car door on my fingers - and his door was locked! the keys were half way across the parking lot with my sister! poor stepfather had to run across the lot to get the keys, run back and unlock the door and then run me all the way through the entrance to the first aid center. thankfully they weren't broken but i did have to spend much of the day with a bag of ice on my hand. :(

Hi:

I'm handicap and use a personal scooter. As I stand up to get onto the Safari ride in AK, I notice my bottom is warm and kind of wet. I have no clue what it is! I'm now thinking everyone is pointing at me and thinking I peed my pants. As it turns out, we went to Typhoon Lagoon the day before and water had wet the seat of the scooter, it had absorbed into the cushion but didn't feel wet until I sat on it. Luckily, I had a change of clothes in the car but I didn't realize why I was wet until I sat on the seat a second time and wet those clothes.

Yes, I drove around AK with my spare shorts hanging from my steering wheel waiting for them to dry.

:rotfl2: I love it!!!!

Two years ago my family and I celebrated our anniversary at Coral Reef restaurant. It was a lovely time, had personalized menus, booked the diver, the whole bit. Anyhoo, at dessert my husband surprises me by having the waiter bring out a jewelry box with a ring in it. I take my other ring off and lay it on the table, put on the new ring to admire it, and then we finish up and continue on our merry way touring Epcot. Sometime around Japan realize I had LEFT THE OTHER RING AT THE RESTAURANT. I'm thinking, well that's a gonner. Now way it will still be there 2 hours later. We rush back anyway and as it turns out the manager has the ring. Someone turned it in. I guess I don't have that much faith in the human race, but I never thought that would happen at Disney World!

We just returned from DW last week, while we were waiting for the Castle Lighting show there was a man standing right at the chain getting sick into a large ziploc bag....GROSS! you would think if he had the forethought to bring the bag, he would have just stayed home. I am just glad my DS didnt see him.

My friends daughter had been potty trained for at least 8 months - the toilets scared her so bad she went back to diapers and pull ups for over a year!!! I guess they really can scare a kid.

My friends daughter had been potty trained for at least 8 months - the toilets scared her so bad she went back to diapers and pull ups for over a year!!! I guess they really can scare a kid.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

We got off the Safari ride and went to get our stroller, and found a bunch of birds taking turns eating a CUPCAKE someone had left (beautifully untouched) in the cupholder of their stroller. I couldn't help but laugh ... I mean, you're at AK. Of all the places to leave food in a stroller uncovered ...

We were on the last day of our stay in WDW at the MK. Everything was going great...we had little to no waits for rides and all. We go into Laugh floor comedy show and I take pics of my girls in front of some of the lobby decor. Then we go into my show...and they say about when someone says humans to put your hands up and yell. So I take the camera off me at that moment as I realize we also do not have my sons ticket..we found it in my purse adn then we proceed to enjoy the show. As we leave I think OMG my camera.
So on our last day..we lost over 700 pics of our awesome vacation. Yes we reported in missing...prayed that my chritsmas gift this year would be my camera back. Still hoping that people are honest and turn it in...even though we have been home now for 6 weeks....my mistake but still wishing for a honest miracle to happen. After all it is Disney world and everyone is on vacation...so maybe.....:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter