Old

I am glad they finally resolved it for you, but honestly just the hassle you had to go through to get it, is enough to scare me into choosing an outside photog for my Escape. Its frustrating that in the park they leave you no choice.

And of course the fact that they even lost our pictures to being with...pictures that we will never get back...is enough to make me urge every bride to reconsider using Disney photography.

I'm so sorry you've had to go threw this. I hope they do make it up to you. I had planned on using an outside photographer for my escape wedding, but was undecided on doing the Magic Kingdom shoot. I've decided to not to do it.

GREAT INFO!
go PUBLIC!

(hey sista) :wave2:

Hello Sis! You behave now :coffee:

Snow White - I am glad the situation has been resolved for you. Since DFTW probably reads these boards, I'm glad it was beneficial to you and any future bride. Keep us updated.

I'm glad they finally came to an arrangement that worked for you, but it's just disgraceful that you had to go thru all that.

I'm glad something is finally going to happen in favor of a resolvement. But wow, you had to go through a lot to get that! They should have offered it immediately, not made you spend more of your personal time contacting them and writing letters/making calls. I'm still highly dissapointed in DPS for you, but glad something is going to finally happen.

We are travelling ½ way around the world for our dream Disney wedding and this has made me rethink our choosing Disney photography.

We will now go with an outside photographer, not because they lost your pictures but because of what they put you through after that. For a company that prides itself on customer service and making dreams come true, I am totally astounded that they thought it acceptable to treat a customer like this, especially one that they had so clearly upset and let down.

Thank you so much for posting your experience, I hope you now don't need to think about them again and can look back and remember all the wonderful and magical things from your day :flower3:

I'm glad it's resolved! :cheer2: Although, I admit, I'm very curious to know what they're doing to make it better!! Did you have to agree to keep it confidential?

I'm so sorry you've had to go threw this. I hope they do make it up to you. I had planned on using an outside photographer for my escape wedding, but was undecided on doing the Magic Kingdom shoot. I've decided to not to do it.

You should still definitely do the Magic Kingdom shoot! This is the first time I have heard that DPS has lost pictures, and the in park shoots are just so amazing and a once in a lifetime experience. I think the chance of them losing your pictures would be very very small, especially since this happened to the OP. Of course, this is my assuming that the only reason you decided against it is because of the OP's lost pictures and not because of Disney's attitude, which I would understand if that was the reason! :goodvibes

You should still definitely do the Magic Kingdom shoot! This is the first time I have heard that DPS has lost pictures, and the in park shoots are just so amazing and a once in a lifetime experience. I think the chance of them losing your pictures would be very very small, especially since this happened to the OP. Of course, this is my assuming that the only reason you decided against it is because of the OP's lost pictures and not because of Disney's attitude, which I would understand if that was the reason! :goodvibes

It's more then just the lost photos. I don't like the idea, that I don't know who the photographer is, and the way Disney dealt with the lost photos, and while I know Disney's Photopass is separate from this, I've been having issues with them and that's adding to it. Sorry about hijacking.

Good glad you got this resolved. What a mess. Sorry you want through all that.

I am so hapy they resolved this for you! I was most worried about my Magic Kingdom Photos, thankfully in the end they turned out perfect!

I'm glad that you finally reached a resolution to this situation. I agree it seems that DPS has some issues, and while I'd probably feel more comfortable with an outside photographer unfortunately we can't afford to hire one. I just hope that we don't have any issues when it comes our turn. *knocks on wood*

I am a professional photographer and I can't say enough but how sorry I am that this has happened to you. What I can say to you is that you need to scream and yell and throw a hissy fit until someone either starts looking for your photos or they start telling you what really happened. As for them looking, offer to send some photos of yourselves so that they know who they are looking for.

If we lost our clients photos they would be looking to sue us for some sort of compensation. I would ask them for airfare, hotel, flowers, tux, hair and makeup as well as food etc. That is the very least they can provide you and if you feel like it I would ask for additional compensation such as a free cruise or an additional trip to take the bad taste out of your mouth.

The one thing that I would be concerned about is... if you pay for all the expenses of coming down for a reshoot what guarantee are they giving you that they won't lose the second set of photos? I would make sure that if you plan on laying out money for this shoot that they give you some sort of guarantee. It would be terrible to be disappointed twice.

I would also make sure that you demand their very best photographer that they have on staff.

I wish you well with your reshoot and if there is any way I can help even if it is only to answer some of your questions I would be happy to help.

I just finished reading all throught your thread and I see you finallly received a amicable resolution.

I wish you well and I am glad that Disney of all people is not giving professional photographers a bad name.

Thank you soo much for sharing your experience, I am now sure that I won't be using Disney as my wedding photographer!!!

I do know Disney reads these message boards so I hope they read this thread. That is horrible that happened ! We're using a family friend who is an excellent photographer. We refused to use Disney Photography because of this. I really wanted the photo shoot in front of the castle the day after our wedding, but I basically refused because I didn't want something like this to happen.

I'm so sorry ! I hope it somehow works out for you; I know they read this board so I hope they can do something. That is horrible, one more reason not to use Disney Photography for your wedding.

Whoops! Just read where you said it was resolved. I'm so glad. I still have heard horrible things about Disney Photography though, and I'm still staying away from them, lol. Good luck !

Other then our MK pictures, we didn't use Disney for photography. The pictures were outrageously expensive and very poor quality. Having read this, I would never consider using them again. Not for a vow renewal, not for anything. I find the fact that they first made such an error and then caused stress in rectifying it to be inexcusable. Add to that the non-disclosure clause they made the OP go along with means that whatever they have done to make this better is not standard practice when they mess up. This completely turns me off. The next time is happens they will try to wiggle out of it, or they wouldn't mind people knowing they were making things right.

If anyone from Disney is reading this, FOR SHAME. Underhanded dealing is not something I would expect from a company such as Disney who charges so much for their services.

I've heard many bad things about Disney photography as well. The fact that you have to use them for in-park events has pushed me to have a smaller wedding outside of the parks...just because I really want amazing pictures of our wedding! I would be absolutely devastated if something happened to my actual wedding pictures.

So sorry this happened to you! If Disney is indeed going to require that their photographers are used, then I really think they need to up the professionalism, or they will start losing business! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter