Old

I really don't get the hype of most of you wanting Disney to take your photographs. You need to have someone who if the service isn't performed per the contract your money can be refunded. Had you chosen your own photog this wouldn't be an issue.

Well, if you want an in-park shoot, you don't have a choice. At least with Disney you know they aren't going out of business and suddenly disappearing with your photos to never appear (like some brides who have gone through other photographers) Of course, you don't expect them to "lose" them either (which I still think sounds awfully fishy....how exactly did they "lose" them?)

But in either case, this is unacceptable in so many ways! Get your planner involved, I can't believe they won't at the very, very least refund your money...what is it you paid for exactly? Last time I check, an hour in the park is not $1000

I really don't get the hype of most of you wanting Disney to take your photographs. You need to have someone who if the service isn't performed per the contract your money can be refunded. Had you chosen your own photog this wouldn't be an issue.

For in park photos you HAVE to use Disney.

I am ticked for you! :mad: If you would like to draw attention to your situation I would contact a columnist at the Orlando Sentinel. Any one who has a problem with a company, he follows up to make sure something gets done about it. More importantly, I think because it is the area's premier newspaper and anything mentioned, no company wants to have a bad impression and resolves the matter to the customer's benefit. The following is his information:

Getting the runaround? E-mail Greg at gdawson@orlandosentinel.com; or call 407-420-5618; or write to Greg Dawson, Orlando Sentinel, 633 N. Orange Ave., MP-218, Orlando FL 32801. Read his blog at OrlandoSentinel.com/consumerfile.

I hope that helps! :thumbsup2

That just isnt acceptable. You should get a lawyer involved, if you must. Did you pay for this on your credit carD? Can you dispute it with them? I imagine its too late for that at this point, but just a thought.

Get a lawyer, they have NO defense. You will have to wait a bit to get it resolved, but at least it will be resolved fair. You will def win!

I can't believe they are not working with you to make it right. that's just crazy! What is Disney thinking? Where is their wonderful customer service??

Definaltey contact your Planner, than a lawyer.

So I told you I would all come back and let you know how things go - I have talked with Disney photography several times - both this weekend and today. They had REFUSED any type of compensation or reimbursement except for offering a reshoot. They will NOT give us our money back and they will not pay any expenses for us to travel back down to Florida for a reshoot. The person I talked to did not seem sympathetic at all to our situation. This is very disappointing and I would NEVER recommend Disney photography to anyone :sad2:

Oh I would SO be talking to my boss if that happened to me. (he is a lawyer :rotfl: ).

I can't believe they are only offering you a reshoot. That is crazy. Its not like you are just complaining because you don't like the pictures. I can see that, but its THEIR fault you don't have pics so why should you have to come all the way back to Orlando to get new pics?!

I know I just posted but I just can't stop thinking about this.

I don't see why you can't get your money back. Your contract with them was that you paid for a service (having pictures taken) they didn't follow through with that service (lost pictures) therefore you should get your money back. That is a breach of contract IMO.

Did you speak to the head of Disney Photography? And if that person said no - I'd go to HIS (or her) boss.

Sorry, but I'd be raising hell over this.

That does not make sense at all. it was their fault that they lost your images and it was really stupid of them to lose them in the first place.

I don't get why they are refusing to give you some type of compensation. It's just insane and not right at all.

First, this is totally horrendous.

I would contact your wedding coordinator for sure. Raise hell with her, tell her you are a part of disboards and this will NOT reflect positively on them if it gets out etc. Do whatever you have to.

I think your coordinator would be sympathetic to your plight more than the Disney photogs.

If she can't do anything, contact the heads of both Disney Photography AND DFTW.

In the end, you could always have your lawyer call them. If you have a friend that's a lawyer, let them look over your contract and have them give the higher ups a call. Sometimes just the THREAT of legal action can start somethings in motion.

It's idiotic that they aren't offerring to give you back your money. They should refund for their breach of contract AND re-shoot you IF you so choose. They need to make reasonable compensation for THEIR mistake....

just keep telling yourself that this IS NOT your fault and that you DESERVE better compensation.

I think that's horrible and I think Disney is biting themselves in the butt with not fixing this.:sad2:

Now I don't have a Disney Photography contract, but what does the liability clause of the contract say? Does it specifically limit them in damages to only a reshoot? If you signed that, (which any bride would), you're going to have a hard row to hoe. :confused3

I have been following your thread since the beginning, but am only posting now. I just have to say this is ridiculous! Disney is 100% at fault and you are 100% right to refund and reshoot! I think I can speak for everyone when I say you have the full support of all of the DisBrides here!

I am ticked for you! :mad: If you would like to draw attention to your situation I would contact a columnist at the Orlando Sentinel. Any one who has a problem with a company, he follows up to make sure something gets done about it. More importantly, I think because it is the area's premier newspaper and anything mentioned, no company wants to have a bad impression and resolves the matter to the customer's benefit. The following is his information:

(hit up honey will the email address - they blocked my address)
I hope that helps! :thumbsup2

GREAT INFO!
go PUBLIC!

(hey sista) :wave2:

because this is just some BS. Your pics won't even be authentic because now you have to fake them on the wedding experience next time around...most definetly I would seek compensation.

I'm the type of woman that would GO FULL FORCE. U going to make spend money at your resort to have this wonderful experience and then u fail but because I signed a contract I dont get my money back? What happened to moral compensation?

Ugh...PLEASE SUE.

omg..yes...contact the Orlando Sentinel!!!!! And WESH 2!!! They do features about companies/businesses wronging customers. Go public with this...its a HUGE deal! DPS is going to lose a LOT of business in the future...they are screwing up royally.

Congrats on getting through to them =)

I'm really happy this all worked out for you! (In the given circumstances)

Okay good. I just posted a negative comment about how I would sue them and hten saw your update!

I am glad it got resolved for you but I am still sorry you had to go through all of this. :hug:

That's awesome that you guys could come to an agreement that was suitable for you. It's horrible you had to wait such a long time to get it resolved though! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter