OKW vs SSR direct?

fixerupper

Mouseketeer
So I've been sitting on my hands with the SSR discount for SAP recently. We are going to DW in two weeks (staying in BLT) and my husband doesn't want to discuss buying more points til after that trip. The difference in the new incentive is about $300/150pt so not enough to be too upset about, but now OKW (and AKV) are also included in the discounts. If you were to choose to buy 150 points direct between OKW and SSR which would you choose and why? I want to make sure I am weighing all the pros and cons. (Currently have AKV resale points/AUG UY/pref. 1BR)

If you're just looking for SAP and a Blue Card, I'd go OKW. It has enough interesting booking categories (GV) to make it more appealing than SSR to me.

OKW will expire in 2057 SSR is 2054, dues at SSR are $7.11 OKW is $8.36. SSR has elevators in all the buildings, OKW does not. OKW has more space in the units, a 1 BR at OKW is almost as big as a 2 BR at SSR. SSR has the new murphy beds in place of the sleeper sofa. OKW layout does not look like they will be able to replace the sleeper sofas. We like both, but OKW is our favorite, more space, affordable GVs...

We own both SSR and OKW, but if I were to buy direct I would buy OKW. Love the GV's, 1 BR's, love the vibe, it has been "home" to us since 1996!

Personally, I just prefer OKW over SSR. I like the theming much more and the rooms are so spacious. I also like that the studios have 2 beds rather than the sleeper sofa. I purchased OKW direct specifically for SAP and choose it based on the notion that if I were "stuck" staying there, I'd prefer it over SSR. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies! I'm really surprised by the answers. I thought SSR would be the winner because of the lower dues, new refurb, and close to Disney Springs. But I do like the look of OKW better. Lots to think about! Thanks.

Either resort is great. OKW is the only resort to have two queen beds in the studio rooms and the low point chart of OKW is great too. I like both. if buying for blue. card OKW gives 4 extra years - so that might be the tipping point

Hard decision that I think comes down to if you want to book Grand Villas ever at OKW.

I am not a SSR fan but it has cheaper dues and it's a 3 year difference in contract lengths.

When I was thinking of buy SAP I was leaning towards OKW. I own at BWV and RIV though and skipped the SAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter