OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Huh??? I was hoping someone would be kind enough to share without me going through 99 pages of posts.
They did. Look at the message again. Click on the response. Answers to your questions (which have already been answered dozens of times in this thread) are embedded in the response. You need to be just a little more thoughtful before jumping down everyone's throat.

You're welcome. I was going to edit my post by getting rid of the quotes and highlighting my responses, but after reading this, nah.
Have a magical day!
They did. Look at the message again. Click on the response. Answers to your questions (which have already been answered dozens of times in this thread) are embedded in the response. You need to be just a little more thoughtful before jumping down everyone's throat.

My post was meant to be friendly.

Me? jumping down ANYONE's throat?:sad2: No. I just asked if someone would be kind enough to help me.

Isn't this a vacation Planning thread on information regarding Old Key West Resort??

If you are annoyed of people coming here to ask questions about Old Key West on an Old Key West Resort thread::yes:: maybe you should just scroll, instead of being rude. Not a big deal, if you don't know or don't want to be bothered,skip the post.

I'm still interested in the Qs I have asked if anyone is knowledge about the resort. I'm looking very forward to my 1st stay @ OKW on my 31rst stay @ the WDW Resort!!!!
:woohoo::jumping1::woohoo::jumping1::woohoo::jumping1::woohoo:

Me? jumping down ANYONE's throat?:sad2: No. I just asked if someone would be kind enough to help me.

Isn't this a vacation Planning thread on information regarding Old Key West Resort??

If you are annoyed of people coming here to ask questions about Old Key West on an Old Key West Resort thread::yes:: maybe you should just scroll, instead of being rude. Not a big deal, if you don't know or don't want to be bothered,skip the post.

I'm still interested in the Qs I have asked if anyone is knowledge about the resort. I'm looking very forward to my 1st stay @ OKW on my 31rst stay @ the WDW Resort!!!!
Neither was mine. I answered all your questions on my original post. If you'd click on the quoted text, they're still there. Then again, it may require you to go back a page.

Neither was mine. I answered all your questions on my original post. If you'd click on the quoted text, they're still there. Then again, it may require you to go back a page.
Oh good! Thank you! No worries. I will check out your post.

What I'm annoyed about is people who come here, never bother to read anything that's been posted, just post a question or questions that have already been answered dozens of times, and then, when someone DOES answer their questions they come back and sarcastically complain without even bothering to READ the reply.

Huh??? I was hoping someone would be kind enough to share without me going through 99 pages of posts.

:sail:Hi OKWesters! :beach: This will be our 1rst stay @ OKW. We booked a deluxe studio. I wanted a deluxe resort near Disney Springs but we have already done SSR so we really wanted to try somewhere new! +The main pool looks beautiful & fun! Love that Mickey water slide. :thumbsup2Also we've had breakfast @ Olivias, which was out of this world-banana bread French toast!!:banana:

Do you have a favorite dish @ Olivia's?

Does anyone have a building recommendation for us?

Is there an internal resort bus to get to the boat & if not, can we park near the boat or is everything more walkable then it looks on the map?

Best quiet pool on the resort?

Where does the boat drop you @ DS?

Does OKW still offer complimentary laundry?

Where can we get a yummy QS Disney burger @ OKW? (Yes, nessasary Q ::yes::)

Are the OKW bus stops near the front of the parks bus stations? (Or should we rent a car)

How is the bus service @ OKW in your opinion. (we waited forever after our Olivias breakfast,is that the norm?) Our favorite restaurants tend to be @ the resorts,so thinking we might need a rental car.

I'm really excited to stay @ OKW but I know the least about it. Thanks for helping me out with all my random questions!! :goodvibes
Get the Southernmost fried chicken at Olivia's. Very good.
We hate the Near Hospitality House area because of the more difficult parking.
We always prefer the non-themed pools at OKW. A lot less noise.
Yes, you can take any bus back to the HH. It's probably ten minutes from the furthest point to the HH.
There are laundry rooms at the pools for the studios to use.
I haven't found a yummy burger anywhere at WDW. I prefer Five Guys or someplace else.
The bus stops at the parks are all over the place. They usually don't drop you at the OKW stop, so you need to check out where it is located when you arrive so you don't wait at the wrong stop.
Never had any problem with the buses at OKW and we've stayed there maybe 16 times.

What I'm annoyed about is people who come here, never bother to read anything that's been posted, just post a question or questions that have already been answered dozens of times, and then, when someone DOES answer their questions they come back and sarcastically complain without even bothering to READ the reply.

Ok BobNed :rotfl2:

Question: does anyone have the July activities and movies at the resort? I have it for BCV but not for OKW. Trying to decide which days we want to do pool and activities. TIA

Okay, so have read through almost the whole thread! (Can you tell I'm excited for our stay?) I have another room request question. When requesting Peninsular road what buildings does that include? All the way down to 46? Should we request higher floor if we want to be guaranteed a balcony or are the one bedrooms usually higher up? We will have a 2 year old with us, but the husband swears he'll be fine carrying the tot and stroller for the higher view .

Also not sure if this is the right place for this question, but we rented a one bedroom on RCI points, so I'm not sure if the banked points were HH or not. Has anyone had experience with that type of reservation before? Thoughts?

All units, even ground floor units will have a balcony or patio, remember that there are no elevators, except in 62, 63 and 64. As far as RCI, it is my understanding that near HH is a category that can only be booked by DVC Members, but there is still a chance you could get one if not all unit were reserved by DVCers. None of the units in the NEar HH category have the second entrance to the bathroom, buit given you are traveling with hubby and two year old, that is likely not an issue for you. Peninsular Road, bldgs 23 to 26 are in the Near HH category, bldgs 27 to 29 are not. The very farthest bldg from HH is a little over 1/2 mile walk (0.63) or the equivalent of 1/2 way around the World Showcase lagoon at EPCOT.

All units, even ground floor units will have a balcony or patio, remember that there are no elevators, except in 62, 63 and 64. As far as RCI, it is my understanding that near HH is a category that can only be booked by DVC Members, but there is still a chance you could get one if not all unit were reserved by DVCers. None of the units in the NEar HH category have the second entrance to the bathroom, buit given you are traveling with hubby and two year old, that is likely not an issue for you. Peninsular Road, bldgs 23 to 26 are in the Near HH category, bldgs 27 to 29 are not. The very farthest bldg from HH is a little over 1/2 mile walk (0.63) or the equivalent of 1/2 way around the World Showcase lagoon at EPCOT.

Okay perfect! We aren't super concerned with having to climb stairs. As long as they all have the balcony for Mommy and Daddy to escape to once my little guy passes out for the night we are good. We aren't super picky. Would love to be near HH will definetely call and add it, maybe request 27-29 just in case. 1/2 a mile isnt too bad though, especially if the inner bus system is pretty reliable on days we just arent feeling it. We will truly just be so happy to be at Disney we'll make it work for us however it shakes out. I am so looking forward to all of our downtime around the resort.

One more question, is the pool heated during the "winter" ? I grew up in Florida so I know in January it can get nice and cold and be pretty warm all in the same day, but we'd love yo get a few pool days in.

Also...any must try drinks at the bar? How about must have meals at Olivias? Ive heard such wonderful things about the food. Would love to know ya'lls favorite!!

One more question, is the pool heated during the "winter" ? I grew up in Florida so I know in January it can get nice and cold and be pretty warm all in the same day, but we'd love yo get a few pool days in.

Also...any must try drinks at the bar? How about must have meals at Olivias? Ive heard such wonderful things about the food. Would love to know ya'lls favorite!!

Yes the pools are heated. There are 4 pools at OKW, the main pool with the sand castle slide and a life guard, and 3 neighborhood pools without slides, no life guard. All have a hot tub and kiddy play area, the neighborhood pools have charcoal BBQ grills, if you like to grill. Olivia's menu changes occasionally, but one item usually have is the buttermilk fried chicken, it is great. They are really one of the better table service restaurants on property. Service is good, but can be more relaxed and a little slower than some people like. I enjoy having the down time to relax while I dine.

Yes the pools are heated. There are 4 pools at OKW, the main pool with the sand castle slide and a life guard, and 3 neighborhood pools without slides, no life guard. All have a hot tub and kiddy play area, the neighborhood pools have charcoal BBQ grills, if you like to grill. Olivia's menu changes occasionally, but one item usually have is the buttermilk fried chicken, it is great. They are really one of the better table service restaurants on property. Service is good, but can be more relaxed and a little slower than some people like. I enjoy having the down time to relax while I dine.

Perfect!! Thank you so much for the awesome advice. We enjoy the downtime as well, and everything goes a little slower with a two year old. Lol Cant wait til our trip. Finally broke the 200 day mark yesterday! Woohoo!!

Hello OKW Board-

I think I have watched lots of videos and looked at hundreds of photos of every Disney hotel and DVC resort still available for the dates my SO and I are looking to travel in early December of this year. I was not originally considering OKW as it has never really been on my radar. I was originally looking at either a king room at a moderate (POFQ, POR, CBR) or a standard room at AKL but then I saw a video of the 1 BR villa at OKW and it looks amazing. My 1st Disney stay as an adult was in a 1BR villa at BWV and I loved it (my now grown kids still rave about it too) and I know my SO would love it too. I'm tempted to surprise him as we are celebrating his birthday a little early. It would be a cash booking.

I read about 20 pages of the thread so far and I have 2 questions:
  • Thoughts on renting a car vs. relying on Disney buses to get to the parks? Some of the comments make me think that the loop within the resort could add a bit to the time to get to the parks, and since we could park right outside our door I'm thinking the car might be worth it. I did find a good deal on a car rental for our week also.
  • If you were surprised with a stay at an OKW 1 BR for your birthday over a moderate, would that be a good surprise? Maybe with a cake too?
Thank you in advance.

Hello OKW Board-

I think I have watched lots of videos and looked at hundreds of photos of every Disney hotel and DVC resort still available for the dates my SO and I are looking to travel in early December of this year. I was not originally considering OKW as it has never really been on my radar. I was originally looking at either a king room at a moderate (POFQ, POR, CBR) or a standard room at AKL but then I saw a video of the 1 BR villa at OKW and it looks amazing. My 1st Disney stay as an adult was in a 1BR villa at BWV and I loved it (my now grown kids still rave about it too) and I know my SO would love it too. I'm tempted to surprise him as we are celebrating his birthday a little early. It would be a cash booking.

I read about 20 pages of the thread so far and I have 2 questions:
  • Thoughts on renting a car vs. relying on Disney buses to get to the parks? Some of the comments make me think that the loop within the resort could add a bit to the time to get to the parks, and since we could park right outside our door I'm thinking the car might be worth it. I did find a good deal on a car rental for our week also.
  • If you were surprised with a stay at an OKW 1 BR for your birthday over a moderate, would that be a good surprise? Maybe with a cake too?
Thank you in advance.

I can't answer about the car since, even if we drive and have our car at the resort, we let Disney do the driving (and boating)! ;)

OKW 1-bedroom instead of a Moderate? YES, PLEASE!!!! No comparison -- with or without a cake!! :woohoo:

Personally, I wouldn't drive myself when there are so many options for transportation within Disney property. My parents will be driving down to meet all of us who are flying...and they will park the car and wave goodbye for a week.

Personally, I wouldn't drive myself when there are so many options for transportation within Disney property. My parents will be driving down to meet all of us who are flying...and they will park the car and wave goodbye for a week.

He has also asked to go to Universal as he hasn't been since they added the HP lands so that was partly why I was looking at a car. The rental was coming to under $200 with all the taxes and fees for the week. I guess we could Uber over there otherwise.

I can't answer about the car since, even if we drive and have our car at the resort, we let Disney do the driving (and boating)! ;)

OKW 1-bedroom instead of a Moderate? YES, PLEASE!!!! No comparison -- with or without a cake!! :woohoo:

Thank you. I'm hoping if I just tell him I've booked a moderate and I want which one to be a surprise that he won't ask too many more questions.

facebook twitter