OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

So excited to be coming back to OKW in March! Does anyone know if the Turtle Pond snack bar has been open lately? TIA

Hi all! We've been to OKW several times for dinner, and to walk around, but we've never stayed before. That's about to change this March! We are so excited. We have a studio booked, since there will only be 2 of us. I have no idea what location to request. Are studios spread out throughout the resort? We will have a car, so it's not crucial to be close to HH, but it would be nice. I'd love to hear your recommendations!
Our favorite OKW vacay is staying in Southpoint with a canal view. All the way on the back side near the trail to DisneySprings/Saratoga Springs. We sit on our lanai and watch the boats and watch the birds. Heavenly.

One of my party is a vegetarian. Will Olivias modify a breakfast meals as the vegan option has Tofu which he hates. Would it be possible to swap out bacon for potatoes on the pancakes and eggs meal for example.

Hi guys! Might anyone have the current activity calendar they can share? Thank you!

One of my party is a vegetarian. Will Olivias modify a breakfast meals as the vegan option has Tofu which he hates. Would it be possible to swap out bacon for potatoes on the pancakes and eggs meal for example.
I’m sure they would. Disney is very good about modifying for dietary needs. It never hurts to ask.

They do generally try to swap proteins for proteins and starches for starches, etc. But I would imagine they will try to accommodate you if no other protein besides tofu is available.

Is there any indoor seating for Goods Food to Go? Or is there anywhere nearby to take your food and eat indoors?
No indoor seating. The quick service at OKW is the one downfall of the resort. My guess DVC was thinking more people were going to cook in the 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms than people do. I’m not wanting that all don’t cook. Most usually don’t want to cook on vacation. I have no problem cooking. A nice breakfast, but lunch and dinner were are usually in the parks.

For anyone recently back from OKW: How is the Conch Flats store for grocery items? We are in a studio for only a few days, and just want to pick up some bagels, cream cheese, juice, and maybe some cheese and crackers. Not sure if it's enough stuff to warrent an Amazon or grocery order, so looking to see if those items are usually available right there at OKW. Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone know what type of coffee maker is provided in the Grand Villa units at OKW? Just want to make sure I bring the right type of coffee for the machine.

Does anyone know what type of coffee maker is provided in the Grand Villa units at OKW? Just want to make sure I bring the right type of coffee for the machine.
I believe they were updating some to the dual Kurig. Has a coffee pot and a Kurig K-cup. When we were in a GV there in November of 2020 it was just a 12 cup Mr Coffee.

Excited!..Booked a one bedroom for Sept 27-30. Will be first OKW home resort stay since becoming a member end of 2020 (resale at BCV). OKW is our direct 125 point purchase, beginning of 2021. Did a bus ride and walk around HH last May and really enjoyed it!! Hoping for our first Moonlight Magic-AK opportunity on the 28th! See you all then!

facebook twitter