OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

We just got back from an OKW split stay (with BWV). We LOVED OKW. We already looked up how many points we needed to do a two week stay in a 1BR sometime. We got there on the 26 and it was so fun to see Christmas tree lights shining through peoples windows!

We just got back from an OKW split stay (with BWV). We LOVED OKW. We already looked up how many points we needed to do a two week stay in a 1BR sometime. We got there on the 26 and it was so fun to see Christmas tree lights shining through peoples windows!

Do you have kids? I was wondering how they liked it.

Do you have kids? I was wondering how they liked it.
Yes, they are 9 and 11. They loved it too. They liked the extra bed in the 1BR. They loved the community hall and the games. They loved the hammocks. They liked OKW way better than BWV

Ok this might be a silly question but... does anyone have any leads or suggestions on where to find the cute, christmas decorations found around OKW? I had such a great time looking at each of them from a mermaid santa, lipstick wearing fish, cute little turtles and fish.
I was hoping when I was there that maybe they might sell these types of ornaments in the gift shop, but alas NO.

Ok this might be a silly question but... does anyone have any leads or suggestions on where to find the cute, christmas decorations found around OKW? I had such a great time looking at each of them from a mermaid santa, lipstick wearing fish, cute little turtles and fish.
I was hoping when I was there that maybe they might sell these types of ornaments in the gift shop, but alas NO.

I wasn't lucky enough to see the Christmas decor at OKW but I just Googled "tropical Christmas decorations" and saw some cute things that might suit. Good luck!

I wasn't lucky enough to see the Christmas decor at OKW but I just Googled "tropical Christmas decorations" and saw some cute things that might suit. Good luck!
That might be it... I wasn't googling tropical... just beach, sea, Key West etc.
I will give it a go.
If anyone else has any other leads I will take them.

Hi OKW lovers-

Staying the night at OKW and our studio has lots of small flies/ gnats appearing.
We are only here one night- but am curious as to whether this is normal?
We have just moved over from Copper Creek which doesn’t have the outdoor corridor, however have stayed at many Disney hotels where bugs have not been an issue with the outdoor corridor…

thank you in advance!

Hi OKW lovers-

Staying the night at OKW and our studio has lots of small flies/ gnats appearing.
We are only here one night- but am curious as to whether this is normal?
We have just moved over from Copper Creek which doesn’t have the outdoor corridor, however have stayed at many Disney hotels where bugs have not been an issue with the outdoor corridor…

thank you in advance!
No, it is not normal. Let the front desk know.

Yes, they are 9 and 11. They loved it too. They liked the extra bed in the 1BR. They loved the community hall and the games. They loved the hammocks. They liked OKW way better than BWV
My 8 and 6 years olds also love OKW. We just got back from 2 nights at Poly and 6 nights in a 1BR at BCV and they both asked if we could stay at OKW for part or all of our next trip.

Had a great stay at OKW- really enjoyed the relaxed vibe and pool, look forward to putting some of our DVC points towards a larger room /longer stay in future.

We just rented OKW for December by renting points. Long time Disney vacationer but we have never used DVC

Can we request a room and when should we do that?

We will be in a standard studio. We would like closest to a bus stop, what is the best area,

If using UBER can they pick us up outside our room? or is it at the front like other resorts.

Thanks so much

We just rented OKW for December by renting points. Long time Disney vacationer but we have never used DVC

Can we request a room and when should we do that?

We will be in a standard studio. We would like closest to a bus stop, what is the best area,

If using UBER can they pick us up outside our room? or is it at the front like other resorts.

Thanks so much
Is your reservation for the Hospitalty House area? It should say on you reservation if it is. That area is the area closest to the main pool and dining areas.

It does not say an are on our reservation, only the room type and confirmation number.
If I make a request, who do I make the request to?

It does not say an are on our reservation, only the room type and confirmation number.
If I make a request, who do I make the request to?
I rented points from a friend in 2015 and used Touring Plans room request tool and got what I asked for. You do need a subscription to Touring Plans for this service though.

If your reservation does not say Near HH or Near Hospitality, it is doubtful you will be in those buildings. The hospitality buildings are 11 to 14 and 23 to 26. My favorite area of the resort is the Turtle Pond Area, in Buildings 30 to 35, they are near the Turtle Pond Bus Stop.

As far as Uber, think they can go to your building. I know the Minnie Vans, when they were operating, did. They used the Lyft app. But I'm not 100% sure.

If your reservation does not say Near HH or Near Hospitality, it is doubtful you will be in those buildings. The hospitality buildings are 11 to 14 and 23 to 26. My favorite area of the resort is the Turtle Pond Area, in Buildings 30 to 35, they are near the Turtle Pond Bus Stop.

As far as Uber, think they can go to your building. I know the Minnie Vans, when they were operating, did. They used the Lyft app. But I'm not 100% sure.
Thank you so much!

Perfect, thank you. I always use touring plans request and usually get what I want. So glad to hear it works with DVC!

Excited for my stay here Feb 27 through March 2! Was stuck between bldgs 15-17 vs 27-29 as a request. Any insight a map isn't telling me about these two areas (or maybe another area) if I want to be a close walk to HH while also wanting a quieter area if possible.

Excited for my stay here Feb 27 through March 2! Was stuck between bldgs 15-17 vs 27-29 as a request. Any insight a map isn't telling me about these two areas (or maybe another area) if I want to be a close walk to HH while also wanting a quieter area if possible.
15 to 17 will likely be quieter than 27 to 29. A little more space between the road and the buildings, Studio or larger unit? There was a design change to one bedroom and two bedroom units during construction. Buildings 29 and under have one entrance to the master bath, through the master bedroom. Buildings 30 and higher have two entrances to the bath, through the master bedroom and through the laundry room. That could make a difference if someone is sleeping in the living room...

But if you're in a studio...a studio is a studio is a studio at OKW. Only minor difference is in the crossbar of U shaped buildings for studios...there may be no front window, but a painting hanging on the wall instead instead.

Last edited:

facebook twitter