OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I am staying at OKW with my family (celebrating my grandma’s 90th!) in a 2 bedroom villa near the hospitality house. Our home is at GF but I wanted to do a split stat because of the golf course view for my grandma. What building should I request near the HH to get a great golf course view? Thanks!!
I would think building 12 would have a decent view of a fairway. There are other buildings near the golf course, but only one corner abuts it.

I would think building 12 would have a decent view of a fairway. There are other buildings near the golf course, but only one corner abuts it.
We also have a HH studio booked for August. DH and DS would enjoy a fairway view. We always request top floor. No issues with us walking, assume that this building is walk up, correct? Thanks!
:confused:

How is grandma on taking stairs? Most of the buildings do not have elevators. None of the Near HH bookings have elevators, so you'll want to add first floor villa to your request. That might need to be your only request to make sure you get it instead of an upper floor. Any of the eight buildings in the Near HH area have pretty good golf course views.

Thank you! Yes good idea!! It’s actually my mom who has knee problems- grandma still golfs! I didn’t know there were hardly any elevators, but first floor is fine for us.

One more question for the experts! Does the boat from OKW to Disney Springs stop at Saratoga? I’ve tried to find info but I can’t find anything totally clear to me. Thank you!

One more question for the experts! Does the boat from OKW to Disney Springs stop at Saratoga? I’ve tried to find info but I can’t find anything totally clear to me. Thank you!
No, each resort has their own boat to get to Disney Springs. You'd have to take a boat to Disney Springs from OKW and then switch to a boat to SSR or walk to SSR from Disney Springs. Same with the POR/POFQ boat.

No, each resort has their own boat to get to Disney Springs. You'd have to take a boat to Disney Springs from OKW and then switch to a boat to SSR or walk to SSR from Disney Springs. Same with the POR/POFQ boat.

Thank you! That’s what I thought. We have a car so we will just drive over.

We were there last week and they had building 19 fenced off. Doing outside building maintenance, power washing and painting. I'm guessing this is the start of the outside projects now that inside is completed.

There is also a daytime walking path from OKW to SSR, if it’s not too hot. We have done the walk over, not much shade.

What do you estimate the distance between OKW and SSR to be? I'm trying to convince my husband to stay at OKW for Marathon Weekend 2020. We own DVC at AKV but usually end up staying at SSR because we love the resort and our morning walks to Disney Springs. I have always wanted to stay at OKW and have told my husband we can still do morning walks to Disney Springs...it's just going to be a LONGER walk. We're never in too much of a hurry to get to the parks early any way, and the more often we go, the more I enjoy time away from the parks.

What do you estimate the distance between OKW and SSR to be? I'm trying to convince my husband to stay at OKW for Marathon Weekend 2020. We own DVC at AKV but usually end up staying at SSR because we love the resort and our morning walks to Disney Springs. I have always wanted to stay at OKW and have told my husband we can still do morning walks to Disney Springs...it's just going to be a LONGER walk. We're never in too much of a hurry to get to the parks early any way, and the more often we go, the more I enjoy time away from the parks.
I have heard the path to Disney Springs is just under a mile long. So over to SSR might be a bit longer. You just have to stay off all the cart paths. You also need to be on the look out for animals on the path early in the morning or later at night. Remember the path isn't lit at night, so if you try to walk over really early in the AM, it won't be safe.

Hi everyone! We checkin for our first visit to OKW tomorrow and I just wanted to know if Olivia’s is good for walk ins? I’m not seeing any breakfast reservations for Saturday.

Hi everyone! We checkin for our first visit to OKW tomorrow and I just wanted to know if Olivia’s is good for walk ins? I’m not seeing any breakfast reservations for Saturday.
We've only had a reservation a few times and were seated most other times with maybe a short wait.

We frequently walk in for lunch on arrival day. Never had a problem even during busy seasons like Easter, and during non-busy seasons like September :-) I imagine breakfast is similar. Can't hurt to try! Try checking for a reservation the evening before.

Does anyone have photos or video of the renovated 3 bedroom. Have only really seen the two bedroom. I know there probably isn’t much difference but still interested in seeing

Does anyone have photos or video of the renovated 3 bedroom. Have only really seen the two bedroom. I know there probably isn’t much difference but still interested in seeing
We were OKW in February. A 2 bedroom HH area building 11.
It was not renovated.
I would like seeing pics too.

Looking forward to staying here August 2-9. This will be our first time staying at this resort. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Kidani village in February. Hoping my family enjoys this one just as much.
Just got back from our 1st DVC vacation with a split stay 5 nights at OKW in a HH studio location and 3 nights at AKL Kidani one bedroom savanna view. Wife, and 9 & 12 yr old daughters preferred OKW over AKL. Looks like we will be purchasing a small OKW contract to supplement our small AKL contract. Family enjoyed the laid back feeling at OKW, felt more like a second home than a room at a hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter