OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

We are going May 19,2019 from what I can research it looks like all the resort should be done with the refurbishment, does anyone know if that is accurate?
Also can anyone let me know if the new couch that folds out to a bed is an improvement/ more comfortable than its previous version.

Thanks everyone!

We will be there the sames week. It's our first visit as members and I am so excited. We are actually in a split stay with the first 2 days at SS and the last 3 at OKW. I have found so much good information on the resort from here.

Thank you All.

Spending my 30th birthday in WDW at OKW with my husband! We rented DVC points, but we have standard view and not near HH. If I could go back, I would have rented near the HH in that category. If I am in the standard category (studio), what would my next best buildings be to still be as near the HH as possible? Walking isn't an issue for us (we live in NYC and walking a few miles in a day isn't out of the norm for us) but since it's a short trip, I would like to be a little closer to the main bus stop and pool to maximize time a bit more.

Welcoming any suggestions so I can at least make the request!
We hate going to the main pool during the daytime with all the noise from the "parties". We love the neighborhood pools much better.

We hate going to the main pool during the daytime with all the noise from the "parties". We love the neighborhood pools much better.
I agree, the only real advantage to the theme pool is the slide. The neighborhood pools are quieter and more relaxing.

Is there an internal shuttle service to HH?
Yes, it might also be the Disney Springs Bus. The route is:
HH
Millers Road
Peninsular Rd
South Point
Turtle Pond
HH

It should say Internal Bus on the front of the bus on the electronic sign.

But you can hop any theme park bus and get to the HH since that is the last stop for those buses. Then walk over to Peninsular Rd and take it back to your location if you don't care to walk.

Yes, it might also be the Disney Springs Bus. The route is:
HH
Millers Road
Peninsular Rd
South Point
Turtle Pond
HH

It should say Internal Bus on the front of the bus on the electronic sign.

But you can hop any theme park bus and get to the HH since that is the last stop for those buses. Then walk over to Peninsular Rd and take it back to your location if you don't care to walk.
Thank you:thumbsup2

Is there an internal shuttle service to HH?
To get to the HH area, you can also hop on ANY park pus, the last stop prior to leaving the resort is HH. To return, simply walk across the bridge to the Peninsular Road bus stop, and again, catch any bus. Otherwise you could be in for a lengthy wait for the internal bus, as it goes to Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon, too.

To get to the HH area, you can also hop on ANY park pus, the last stop prior to leaving the resort is HH. To return, simply walk across the bridge to the Peninsular Road bus stop, and again, catch any bus. Otherwise you could be in for a lengthy wait for the internal bus, as it goes to Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon, too.

But, as I always caution people, listen to your bus driver! I've had bus drivers yell out "Does anyone need to go to the HH?" when the bus was full, and when no one replied, he left the resort (the bus was full) and headed to the park. One time, we got half way to the park, when someone yelled out "Aren't we stopping at the Hospitality House?"

But, as I always caution people, listen to your bus driver! I've had bus drivers yell out "Does anyone need to go to the HH?" when the bus was full, and when no one replied, he left the resort (the bus was full) and headed to the park. One time, we got half way to the park, when someone yelled out "Aren't we stopping at the Hospitality House?"

Excellent advice!! I always confirm with the bus driver (at OKW and SSR) that he/she will be stopping at Hospitality House (or Carriage House!) before leaving the resort! :thumbsup2

does anyone have photos of the newly refurbed 3 bedroom grand villas or a video walk through?

I can't find ANYTHING online including youtube.

We just returned from a 6 night stay and once again loved the time spent at OKW. Wifey is an AP holder and we got a great rate (480 +tax per night) on the AP rate for a 2BR villa on Turtle pond road. We checked in a week ago Sunday and my boy and I were playing golf that afternoon. Never got a text for room number so the wife went to the front desk at about ten after 5 and they said maintenance was fixing something in the room and it was just about ready. It was ready by the time we got back and when we moved in we noticed wet carpet in about a three foot square right when you enter the master from the hallway. Thought nothing of it figuring it was why Maintenance was there. Then the next day the spot was bigger????? Ruh Roh. Also, the second bathroom had a leak above the shower coming down from the second floor unit. That one I had to call maintenance on as it looked like it was right under the drain of the second floor bathtub. I even told him that IMO when they did the rehab, that person doing the plumbing on that tub might have skipped the plumbers putty around the drain. I also took him over to show him the carpet. He said that they didn't have the carpet leak noted anytime so it was new. I said we were delayed checking in because of maintenance and he said he would look into it. To make a long story short, we never saw them again. The leak in the ceiling was fixed ( I assume $3.00 worth of putty up there) but nothing was ever done about the carpet. No dryer, nothing. We just put down towels every day. That wall is the backside of the kitchen so the water was coming from either the dishwasher or the ice machine or the sink plumbing. We didn't let it bother us at all. We had what I would consider a perfect location. Room 3214. Ground floor right back behind the bus stop. Patio overlooked the quiet pond on hole #5 of LBV. Never waited over 10 minutes for a bus all week. Saw the Gondola's running fast at DHS. Rode Slinky for the first time and loved the view of SWGE from the top. Parks were about moderate and the weather was perfect except the one 5 minute shower on Thursday. Cool breeze in the morning, upper 80's in afternoon then cool breeze at night. Saw my favorite Illuminations twice with my whole family. Will miss it. Overall great trip. Lost my phone on a bus, and they still haven't found it. Might have to go back soon to see if I can find it myself. pirate:

I will conclude by saying when I checked out I told the concierge at HH that they might want to fix whatever is leaking in that bedroom before they rent it out again. Some people might throw a fit but we didn't raise a big deal because we didn't want to move as we loved the location. She had me tell her the whole story. Got to about Gainesville on the drive home and received a call on my wifes phone. Thought it might be that they had found my phone but it was a nice guy from OKW that informed me they were comping me one night's room charge because of the wet floor. I told him that they didn't have to do that and he said the maintenance department did have it logged in and should have followed up but dropped the ball and it should have been fixed (credit back to my debit card early this morning). Told him thanks and that we loved the place and probably always will.

I will also answer any questions about the new rooms. I actually liked the decor. Slept on the pull out chair all week and was very comfortable (and remember, I only sleep about 4-5 hours a night and had no problem). I actually didn't mind the shampoo/conditioner/shower gel dispenser at all. They were not the kind that I figured and were of the the good H2O products. I may be practical, but I liked not having to take lids off or mess with boxes/wrapping of soaps. It worked well.

Also, don't ask for pic's, I took some great ones.....on my phone! ARGHpirate:

Oh yeah, one more thing. Great new Gurgling Suitcase T-shirt in the HH gift shoppe. And yes Lorna recognized me from trips past and had kept the bar stool warm and welcoming!

Last edited:
I actually didn't mind the shampoo/conditioner/shower gel dispenser at all. They were not the kind that I figured and were of the the good H2O products. I may be practical said:
There was a niche (shelf) in the master bedroom shower as part of the rehab. Were the new dispensers mounted separately outside of the niche? I hope so because I like using the niche's shelf for my own personal toiletries brought from home.

We have a trip coming up this Nov and we would like to get as close to the H.H as possible. We have never stayed at OKW and are looking forward to it. We have a one bedroom booked and there was no availability for booking close to the H.H.

TIA

We have a trip coming up this Nov and we would like to get as close to the H.H as possible. We have never stayed at OKW and are looking forward to it. We have a one bedroom booked and there was no availability for booking close to the H.H.

TIA
The closest non-HH area buildings are 62, 63, 64 (the three elevator buildings), 15, 16, 27 , 28 and 29.

TIA
What's your purpose for getting as close to HH as possible? You can hop any bus from any location and stop last at the HH. You can walk over to the Peninsular Rd bus from the HH and take a bus back to your area.

We have two little kids that love to use the slide at the pools. We figure if we can just walk over might be a little easier.

I am staying at OKW with my family (celebrating my grandma’s 90th!) in a 2 bedroom villa near the hospitality house. Our home is at GF but I wanted to do a split stat because of the golf course view for my grandma. What building should I request near the HH to get a great golf course view? Thanks!!

I am staying at OKW with my family (celebrating my grandma’s 90th!) in a 2 bedroom villa near the hospitality house. Our home is at GF but I wanted to do a split stat because of the golf course view for my grandma. What building should I request near the HH to get a great golf course view? Thanks!!
How is grandma on taking stairs? Most of the buildings do not have elevators. None of the Near HH bookings have elevators, so you'll want to add first floor villa to your request. That might need to be your only request to make sure you get it instead of an upper floor. Any of the eight buildings in the Near HH area have pretty good golf course views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!