Okay...so, humor me...please??!!!

#1 OKW
#2 VWL
#3 BWV
#4 BCV
#5 SSR

I'll add, we've never stayed at BCV or SSR so this may be why they're at the bottom of my list. After a stay at these resorts, the order could switch with BWV, but I'm pretty sure OKW and VWL will remain my top 2 desired destinations.

Beca says : I don't know who is booking where, all I know is that I could not get into BCV without owning there...not even once.
Beca,
Though we chose not to stay at BCV, we were able to secure close to a week (5 nights) at BCV in 2005 (this was 1st week of August at 6 months out). Would have had to waitlist for 2 days. Because these 2 days were in the middle of the stay, we chose not to. My kids wanted to try out SAB and that's why I asked about availability there.
In 2003, was able to get a week (late July into early August) at BCV. Would have had to wait list for the last day. Didn't want to take that chance of having to move for one night on the last day so we went with BWV that year which had full availability (PV only). This call was made at about 50 days out ! I called in early June for July/Aug availability.
I do agree, as more contracts are sold at SSR, this may not be so easy, but so far we've had no trouble at all for the summer months. Now the during the fall I can see it being more difficult. We even had to waitlist for OKW in 2004 around F&W and it never came through.

I have stayed at all 5. I have to agree with the previous poster that it depends upon the time of year, purpose of the trip and traveling companions as to the order on any given visit.. BCV is my favorite at New Years and also for the Flower and Garden Festival, BWV is my favorite for F&W when I have to stay over a weekend (love those std view rooms), VWL is my favorite in early Dec, SSR is my favorite when they have events such as the Minnie Marathon in May (and the grand opening)... OKW has such large sized rooms and the points are so reasonable!.... :confused3

1. BCV
2. BWV
3. VWL
4. SSR
5. OKW

(Ask me next week, and I'll probably have a different answer.... :confused3 :teeth: )
-DC :earsboy:

1. SSR
2. OKW
3. BWV
4. BCV
5. VWL

We have only stayed at the first three so I put 4 & 5 in the order we would choose.

tomandrobin said:
I haven't read the whole thread, so its probably already been pointed out. I would guess that SSR is not even 50% sold out yet. But if you go with 50% of its capacity, then you would have to use 20% for the available units.

Also, once SSR is completed the poll results would change again since 40% of the owners will be SSR owners.

Great job and effort on your part! :thumbsup2

True and of those 40% what is your best guess on how many would choose SSR at the number one choice for stays?

DAVE

1. BCV
2. VWL
3. BW
4>SSR
5. OKW
Although, actually HH would be my number one or two if it was considered.

Daitcher said:
True and of those 40% what is your best guess on how many would choose SSR at the number one choice for stays?

DAVE

Hard to say, my money says that the first wave of SSR owners were existing members looking to add points. Not many of those are interested in staying at SSR. I think the first poll indicates that. The second wave is a mix of older and new DVC members. It seems that half of them will stay there at SSR. I think the current poll also reflects that. The last phases of SSR will probably be made up of new DVC members. They are probably younger, like the extra 12 years, and SSR will be their first home . These members will probably be the most loyal to SSR. I expect to see a poll in late 2007 that will indicate that too.

Time will tell! :hourglass

tomandrobin said:
Hard to say, my money says that the first wave of SSR owners were existing members looking to add points. Not many of those are interested in staying at SSR. I think the first poll indicates that. The second wave is a mix of older and new DVC members. It seems that half of them will stay there at SSR. I think the current poll also reflects that. The last phases of SSR will probably be made up of new DVC members. They are probably younger, like the extra 12 years, and SSR will be their first home . These members will probably be the most loyal to SSR. I expect to see a poll in late 2007 that will indicate that too.

Time will tell! :hourglass

Well thought out points, no barbs, quips or sarcasism from me. Good poll Beca. Back to the poll.

DAVE

We've stayed everywhere but SSR (but we have toured the rooms there). Here is how I would rank them.

#1 BWV - our home and our favorite

#2 BCV - like our Boardwalk home very close to Epcot

#3 OKW - we've stayed there twice now and it is growing on my

#4 SSR - haven't stayed there yet put most likely will in the next couple of years

#5 VWL - stayed there once and i don't think we will again. Just isn't us.

tomandrobin said:
I haven't read the whole thread, so its probably already been pointed out. I would guess that SSR is not even 50% sold out yet. But if you go with 50% of its capacity, then you would have to use 20% for the available units.

Also, once SSR is completed the poll results would change again since 40% of the owners will be SSR owners.

Great job and effort on your part! :thumbsup2

Once again, we are talking about those "numbers". Webmaster Doc posted yesterday that DVC says SSr "75% complete". No one is still sure how many units are "available" or "sold"....we are talking here about 3 different numbers which DVC will not release. Since SSR has been selling for 2yr, 8 months, I doubt the number of units open is 20%, I think it is much higher. Also, remember DVC considers folks "in the system" when they buy, not close. And, since a lot of SSR people are brand new (have not even taken their first trip "home" yet), they probably add a lot more people into the system.

This is why I "refigured" this poll to to show the SSR totals much lower...552 units instead of the completed 828. I said yesterday, if you do not like my "figuring", just ignore the percentages. The raw numbers are the same. And, even in its "uncompleted" state, I am sure SSR already has more members than BCV and VWL combined, so the polls should be able to detect a strong SSR following. BCV has a substantial following (on the polls), but does not really have that many members. This holds true even if you ignore the percentages.

:wave:

Beca

Here's another update:

Total votes: 90

Here's the results:

1) BCV with 302 points (22.37% of available points)
2) BWV with 277 points (20.52% of available points)
3) VWL with 263.5 points (19.52% of available points)
4) OKW with 258 points (19.11% of available points)
5) SSR with 245.5 points (18.19% of available points)

Now, if we look at the percentage of people listing each resort as their first choice:

1) BCV - 26 people (28.89%) for a resort that is 11.49% of the available rooms
2) SSR -19 people (21.11%) for a resort that is 30.5% of the available rooms
3) OKw - 18 people (20%) for a resort that is 29.33% of the available rooms
4) BWV - 15 people (16.67%) for a resort that is 21.16% of the available rooms
5) VWL - 13 people (14.44%) for a resort that is 7.51% of the available rooms

I will keep tallying as long as people post.

Beca

Great poll Beca.

I think with this one and the other one out there shows that SSR may not be as bad as once thought. Or it may not be as bad as a year ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter