OK, but who is Tony Hinds?

I am concerned because of what our needs are. We need several car seats/booster seats and there are a few adults, lots of luggage, several strollers, etc. Tony could accommodate us. I don't want to be scrambling last minute to find an alternative which may not be easy. We are obviously traveling with small children and we are trying to minimize any stress/meltdowns...LOL.

I am concerned because of what our needs are. We need several car seats/booster seats and there are a few adults, lots of luggage, several strollers, etc. Tony could accommodate us. I don't want to be scrambling last minute to find an alternative which may not be easy. We are obviously traveling with small children and we are trying to minimize any stress/meltdowns...LOL.
Do you have confirmation that he'll (or one of his drivers will) pick you up? If you hadn't read on here about the "problems", would you be worried? That's my point. No one wants to be stranded somewhere or have to make last minute adjustments. I totally get that. But you said you're still 10 days out.

407 406 9093

It is on the first page 0f this thread

i also included his email address

When you booked with him. did you list everything you listed above to him in advance?

When my family of 5 adults and one child and quite a bit of luggage and stroller, we used Tony

He had to know in advance of what we had, as he had to change over to a larger vehicle

As long as he knows your list of items, would be a good thing

I really didnt mean to cause a panic. If i hadnt emailed him to ask about the supermarket stop i may not have thought twice about it. But since it was my first time using him and im naturally anxious, i started worrying.

Just so everyone knows i spoke to his dispatcher the morning of our flight, about 3.5 hours before. He confirmed number of people, types of luggage and strollers and carseats. He even said if we didnt fit and needed a bigger car hed have one already there for us to switch to. we got picked up from mco with no problem even though we landed a bit late. Stopped for our publix pickup and right to the hotel.

I really didnt mean to cause a panic. If i hadnt emailed him to ask about the supermarket stop i may not have thought twice about it. But since it was my first time using him and im naturally anxious, i started worrying.

Just so everyone knows i spoke to his dispatcher the morning of our flight, about 3.5 hours before. He confirmed number of people, types of luggage and strollers and carseats. He even said if we didnt fit and needed a bigger car hed have one already there for us to switch to. we got picked up from mco with no problem even though we landed a bit late. Stopped for our publix pickup and right to the hotel.
No worries and glad everything went smoothly. We’ve used his service many times and have had great experiences. They typically call the evening before pick up day to head back to MCO, but feel free to text/call them if they don’t. They usually do though just to confirm time and location. Enjoy your vacation! :thumbsup2

Here's my Tony Hinds story from last week. We've used Tony twice before the first time was very good the 2nd was ok so we booked him for our trip last week and this week which ended yesterday. We prepaid but then started reading bad reviews so in May we canceled and Tony reimbursed us the next day. We booked with another company and last Monday August 1st we flew to WDW. Once we landed we received a text from the driver of the new company that he was almost to MCO and would call us in 5 minutes. We were told when we booked them they had Mercedes vans and Sprinters. Well 5 minutes later we are outside and we get a call from a driver saying he was there in a white minivan. We couldn't believe it!!! We see a 20 year old Dodge Caravan which wasn't what we were told so I said to the driver "Are you *****?" I said the name of the company I hired and he says in broken English YES. This van is filthy and I found out after we arrived at the resort that the second row seat my wife was in was shaking all over and she said if we had been in an accident she would have gone flying.

So the driver is taking us to our resort when my cellphone rings. The man on the phone says that he's the driver from the service I booked and wanted to know where we were? I said what do you mean we are in a white minivan and he says, that's not us! So I'm in the front passenger seat and even my wife later said she sees me turn toward the driver with my right fist clenched. I have no idea what is going on and I'm about to take this guy out while cruising down the highway. So while I'm still on the phone with the driver from the company I hired I said to the driver in the minivan I thought you were from *****? He said Tony...Tony...!!! I then remember Tony Hinds and I said are you driving for Tony Hinds? He said yes and showed me on his cell the info concerning our pickup and drop off. I said I canceled him 3 months ago and why did you say you were the other company I hired and he said sometimes they call Tony for help. The driver for the other company who was still on the phone said we've never asked Tony Hinds to help us with anything in the past.

We then get to our resort and I still tip the driver because he did drive us there. He was going to tell Tony we had canceled and that he shouldn't have been there. Now before people come at me it's my fault we got into that van. It's not even close to what the other company told me what we'd be picked up in. That is totally on me not on Tony Hinds. But am I glad we canceled him. That van was an absolute mess and a disgrace. My wife couldn't believe it. Yesterday for our return to the airport the company I hired picked us up in a new Mercedes Sprinter that was so clean you could have eaten off the floor. The lady driving it was tremendous and this will be the company I use for our trips now on.

Here's my Tony Hinds story from last week. We've used Tony twice before the first time was very good the 2nd was ok so we booked him for our trip last week and this week which ended yesterday. We prepaid but then started reading bad reviews so in May we canceled and Tony reimbursed us the next day. We booked with another company and last Monday August 1st we flew to WDW. Once we landed we received a text from the driver of the new company that he was almost to MCO and would call us in 5 minutes. We were told when we booked them they had Mercedes vans and Sprinters. Well 5 minutes later we are outside and we get a call from a driver saying he was there in a white minivan. We couldn't believe it!!! We see a 20 year old Dodge Caravan which wasn't what we were told so I said to the driver "Are you *****?" I said the name of the company I hired and he says in broken English YES. This van is filthy and I found out after we arrived at the resort that the second row seat my wife was in was shaking all over and she said if we had been in an accident she would have gone flying.

So the driver is taking us to our resort when my cellphone rings. The man on the phone says that he's the driver from the service I booked and wanted to know where we were? I said what do you mean we are in a white minivan and he says, that's not us! So I'm in the front passenger seat and even my wife later said she sees me turn toward the driver with my right fist clenched. I have no idea what is going on and I'm about to take this guy out while cruising down the highway. So while I'm still on the phone with the driver from the company I hired I said to the driver in the minivan I thought you were from *****? He said Tony...Tony...!!! I then remember Tony Hinds and I said are you driving for Tony Hinds? He said yes and showed me on his cell the info concerning our pickup and drop off. I said I canceled him 3 months ago and why did you say you were the other company I hired and he said sometimes they call Tony for help. The driver for the other company who was still on the phone said we've never asked Tony Hinds to help us with anything in the past.

We then get to our resort and I still tip the driver because he did drive us there. He was going to tell Tony we had canceled and that he shouldn't have been there. Now before people come at me it's my fault we got into that van. It's not even close to what the other company told me what we'd be picked up in. That is totally on me not on Tony Hinds. But am I glad we canceled him. That van was an absolute mess and a disgrace. My wife couldn't believe it. Yesterday for our return to the airport the company I hired picked us up in a new Mercedes Sprinter that was so clean you could have eaten off the floor. The lady driving it was tremendous and this will be the company I use for our trips now on.
Please give us the name of the good service. Or just send me a message. Thanks!

Are the Minnie Vans back to doing airport transportation? I don't want to deal with this post Magical Express mess :(

Which company did you use on the return trip? I’ve reached out to Tony a few times and haven’t heard back and after reading these post I’m concerned I might want to use someone else.

Which company did you use on the return trip? I’ve reached out to Tony a few times and haven’t heard back and after reading these post I’m concerned I might want to use someone else.
We used Panda Car Service of Orlando more money than Tony Hinds but the customer service and vehicles are top notch. We will use them all the time going forward.

Has anyone asked Tony to drove for a bigger party (10) and gotten recommendations for other services? I am in Disney now but I lost my phone. I dont have the contact info for the service we used and cannot get into my email. I really appreciate any help since we fly out tomorrow. Thanks!

Our Minnie van driver said they hope to resume airport transportation within a few months when we took one yesterday

I hope so!

I know it's a ridiculous amount of money for just 2 of us, but I wanted to surprise my husband with one on the way to hotel. Silly fun to start of a big trip.

Has anyone asked Tony to drove for a bigger party (10) and gotten recommendations for other services? I am in Disney now but I lost my phone. I dont have the contact info for the service we used and cannot get into my email. I really appreciate any help since we fly out tomorrow. Thanks!

If you know the name of the service you used why can't you get the contact info from the hotel?

Are the Minnie Vans back to doing airport transportation? I don't want to deal with this post Magical Express mess :(
No, and it's not clear when, or if, it will resume. You always get a few posters with issues with any service. Search and you'll find guests who were issued taxi vouchers when DME didn't show.

Mears towncar service gets virtually no complaints, excepting price and abscene of a free grocery stop. Until recently Tony get no complaints. Maybe a handful now. Tiffany Towncar and FL Tours no complaints, that I remember.
Mears bus service gets a handful of complaints but generally runs smoothly.

Tony, and others, probably need to just tell potential customers sorry but we're fully booked. Car service complaints seem to occur when the company subs out the job to drivers they don't use as much.

No, and it's not clear when, or if, it will resume. You always get a few posters with issues with any service. Search and you'll find guests who were issued taxi vouchers when DME didn't show.

Mears towncar service gets virtually no complaints, excepting price and abscene of a free grocery stop. Until recently Tony get no complaints. Maybe a handful now. Tiffany Towncar and FL Tours no complaints, that I remember.
Mears bus service gets a handful of complaints but generally runs smoothly.

Tony, and others, probably need to just tell potential customers sorry but we're fully booked. Car service complaints seem to occur when the company subs out the job to drivers they don't use as much.
I remember complaints in the past year about Mears towncar service, Tiffany Towncar, and Tony. More than just one complaint. The complaints are not limited to subcontractors. It's possible that they all had "growing pains" when Magical Express stopped and more people wanted to use their services. It's possible that they will all find a way to handle the new demand.

OK, get your tinfoil hats out here, but I wonder if someone hacked his website or somehow got the information without Tony knowing. This "dirty white van" played a part in an earlier story on this thread IIRC. It seems strange that a cancellation (AND refund) in May still had pickup information for a driver in August. Is it possible Tony cancelled the pickup, issued the refund, but still dispatched a driver three months later? Yes, but it seems strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter