***OI Meetup*** June 3-4, 2022

We’re almost there! We made it to our Ga destination for the night. We hope to head to Orlando around 8 and arrive 11ish- check in to HrH and grab some lunch and then park time! The weather keeps jumping around, so fingers crossed it will stay away during the meetup!

Yesterday was a good long day. Got on 7am boat, was about 12th in line...but this morning the line to Hagrids was longer than the day before. Got off the ride about 8:40.
The parks were really busy. But we still did a good bit. Our plan was to do all Harry Potter Day but crowds were too much to do spells. We did eat breakfast at Three Broomsticks & lunch at Leaky Cauldron!! Both were great!! Rode all the HP rides.
11 hrs at the parks....ending with Voodoo Doughnuts!! It was a fun day....my feet don't agree..lol
I'm up and about to pack. We move from RPR to Surfside today. Baggage drop said they will take our luggage over!! We will head to Surfside from the parks.
Safe travels to all!! Party tomorrow night!!!

Atm looks like Friday will be a normal amount of rain and Saturday will be the remnants of the storm- so not good for Sat night peeps.

Anyone know if it’s acceptable to leave a park-rented wheelchair in a stroller parking area? I will be renting a wheelchair for the fir time in my life because my long-Covid symptoms prevent me from walking long distances/for hours on end like one does at a theme park. I can do short distances fine, usually, and would prefer to walk around small areas like Diagon Alley. I’m sure I will get some looks and judgement when I walk next to the wheelchair for a few mintutes to stretch my legs and give my mom a pushing break (bless her) because I appear to be a perfectly healthy not-older adult. But oh well, if they had long-Covid they’d understand.

Atm looks like Friday will be a normal amount of rain and Saturday will be the remnants of the storm- so not good for Sat night peeps.

Anyone know if it’s acceptable to leave a park-rented wheelchair in a stroller parking area? I will be renting a wheelchair for the fir time in my life because my long-Covid symptoms prevent me from walking long distances/for hours on end like one does at a theme park. I can do short distances fine, usually, and would prefer to walk around small areas like Diagon Alley. I’m sure I will get some looks and judgement when I walk next to the wheelchair for a few mintutes to stretch my legs and give my mom a pushing break (bless her) because I appear to be a perfectly healthy not-older adult. But oh well, if they had long-Covid they’d understand.
Don't worry about what other people think. My husband had covid and if he does the smallest of exercise is down and needs to rest. We are going both nights I'm hoping Friday won't be to bad as for Saturday I'm just hoping I can get sometime in so I can eat some food..lol

I agree don't give it another thought. I always try not to judge, no one knows what another person is experiencing.

We made it in to Orlando about 1, grabbed some lunch at Hard Rock and then headed to Studios. We rode ET, saw the animal actors show, met Marilyn, rode jimmy, kids rode FnF, DM, and transformers. We ate at Finnegans and ended the night mobile ordering voodoo for breakfast lol. Just enjoyed the park slowly today. The monsters tribute at Sahara is amazing! Lots of photo op spots in there. Also loves the actual tribute store, so fun!! Details are amazing.

We are going to hit the parks first thing in the morning, and leave around lunch to chill and nap before the meetup. Hoping the weather holds out! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Can't believe it's here!!! We've been here since Monday night and have done a lot. We spent this morning doing water rides (after the initial Hagrid ride). We are back at resort for nap.
Fingers crossed on weather.
BTW...we liked RPR but are loving Surfside. We did get the 2 room suite...and what a great room for us!
Hope everyones had a safe trip...and have lots af fun tonight!!

Can't believe it's here!!! We've been here since Monday night and have done a lot. We spent this morning doing water rides (after the initial Hagrid ride). We are back at resort for nap.
Fingers crossed on weather.
BTW...we liked RPR but are loving Surfside. We did get the 2 room suite...and what a great room for us!
Hope everyones had a safe trip...and have lots af fun tonight!!
We are staying here as well and have the 2 room suite and we are loving it.

All checked in and ready to party after a quick light dinner at Hard Rock! The line was really long but moved fast! We also got our special meetup celebrating buttons. 🥰 Let’s have a great night and hope the rain holds off!

Attachments

• 1ABA2BB2-502D-49A4-B5AE-9B3D28609E59.jpeg
    1ABA2BB2-502D-49A4-B5AE-9B3D28609E59.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 6
Do they herd us like at HHN and wait till 9 or we just hang around the park till 9

Last edited:
Anyone else at Dockside dealing with the no hot water issue? I’m assuming it’s the entire resort?

Do they herd us like at HHN and wait till 9 or we just hang around the park till 9

You can enter the park as early as 5 and start doing things. No herding.

Hope y’all with tickets tonight have fun! Looks like the rain has moved on.

We had fun though we didn’t do nearly as many rides as we thought we would. We ran out of time. Eating and getting around (and looking around) took longer than we had thought it would. I had a lovely talk with the Knight Bus attendant and the talking head though with no one else around.

OMG...we flew home today....I am so tired. Wish I had taken a day off tomorrow to rest...but, oh well.

We had a great time. Since the parks were so packed during the week, the two 14 yr olds with me, wanted to do spells during the meetup. So, we spent way more time doing that on Friday. Which was fine, they didn't take their wands on Saturday night. I wasn't sure which park to start in & we ended up in USF, the one that closed to regular guest later. I first thought that was a mistake but, turned out to be a good choice.
FRIDAY:
We started the night in Diagon Alley........and they were mostly by themselves doing spells. The area was so empty. They rode Gringotts I think 3 times in a row. We were in line for ice cream when they opened. Finished up doing spells & grabbed Butter Beer ...... headed to Hogwart's Express.
At IOA, rode Hagrids, did spells, watched the Castle lights & ate at 3 Broomsticks. I even got a night time ride on Velocicoaster.
SATURDAY:
We started the night in Hogsmeade. Jumped in single rider line for Hagrids right at park closing. wait time said 55 min & SR line took about 20 min. So, we jumped in SR line again....but, this time, it took longer....around 35 min. We rode all the HP rides again this night but, didn't spend all our time there. Rode so many rides, several times, I can't remember them all. At some point, we jumped on the train & headed to USF. We ate at Monster Cafe (even spoke to Taylor Strickland at the entrance).....then headed to Finnegin's for bread pudding (omg, YUM).

So glad the weather worked out!! I will add, this time around the meetups were are the end of our trip.........back in Nov, it was the beginning.......I will never do it at the end again. We were already tired from 3 days in the parks, even with not doing much Fri & Sat, we were still tired. I will plan it differently from now on. Lesson learned.

Hope everyone had a great time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter