***OI Meetup*** June 3-4, 2022

I find it interesting that ribs are specifically mentioned on the main Meetup page, and are the featured picture of the unlimited food, but ribs are not actually listed on the available food list for the June Meetups....
so now that the menus have been posted, I am not seeing ribs!???? Am I overlooking them? Usually terrace falls has them right? It seems they changed several items and are offering things we won’t eat. 😫 There is still plenty but things we usually get are not there.

Do I read the food guide correctly and monsters cafe will be available during the meet up!??
yes!! Was so excited about it but they too changed their menu offering. So sad lol I am struggling with the food changes.
Since there is a chance of rain both nights, I’m considering a waterproof backpack or wet bag to carry our raincoats in as we take them off and on. Any recommendations?
I carry a small backpack that is water resistant, it does ok. I will put it under my raincoat or poncho if its torrential rain but it did pretty well last yr. Our ponchos have a bag they go in so we just shake the crap put of them and roll em up til we need them and hang up when we get to hotel to dry again.

So I am a little sad about the food offerings this year. They took away some of our favs and replaced with things we probably will not eat. On the plus side we will prob try to eat at places we have missed in the past. I understand changing things but it seems they took some popular things away. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also remember we will hear about the flyer lottery by the 31st, so likely another day or so. There is quite a bit of rain forecasted but I still think its the typical florida daily rain, at least for now!

Attachments

• E5D3CAF6-CFCB-40D2-AD58-50084C5B60FF.png
    E5D3CAF6-CFCB-40D2-AD58-50084C5B60FF.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 5
Anyone know if you can take your food to go from the Leaky Cauldron? I think I’d like to try the new vegan stew before the meetup starts but I don’t go maskless inside public places. The stew seems like a nice light option to split with the person I’m going with so we have room for free meet up food.

Anyone know if you can take your food to go from the Leaky Cauldron? I think I’d like to try the new vegan stew before the meetup starts but I don’t go maskless inside public places. The stew seems like a nice light option to split with the person I’m going with so we have room for free meet up food.
hmm I am not sure! I would contact guest relations and ask them.

🎉 5 Days! 🎉

That is all we have left til the meetup, which means we leave in 3!! Next week at this time the meetup will be over and we will have to deal with beginning summer crowds. 😭🙈 thankful for express passes though!

Wanted to cry yesterday, had to spend $1000 on our van repairs before the trip. It needed to be done but ouch! I wasn’t planning on that expense. 😭😭😭

Anyway back to the meetup! I am sad to not have some of my fav foods, the hot apple pie at Mels, pork sandwich at Monsters and the ribs at various places. We also usually love to hit Finnegans but their menu is blah this time. I will stop in for bread pudding and that is it. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I am trying to tell myself it will be fine, plenty of options to choose from. Plus we will just have to eat at some places we normally skip.

Outside of the meetup we are going to try and do some tours, immigration on mib, production tour at fallon etc. I think it will be neat to do something we haven’t before but they are so hit or miss and not always available so we will see. Has anyone done any of the tours?

Wanted to cry yesterday, had to spend $1000 on our van repairs before the trip. It needed to be done but ouch! I wasn’t planning on that expense. 😭😭😭
UGH, I totally understand. That seems to happen to us at the wrong time. and gas prices, dang.....(sorry, probably not a good topic to bring up..lol).

but they are so hit or miss and not always available so we will see. Has anyone done any of the tours?
We are still too new to Universal......will be a while before we try these. Good Luck...let us know how it goes.
That is all we have left til the meetup, which means we leave in 3!!
We leave tomorrow!!! Fly out of B'ham @ 4:00. Perfect timing to get in, grab something to eat & get in bed early!!
This will be so different, ending our trip with the 2 OI Meetups. Last time, the meetups were our 1st 2 nights. As I was doing some basic planning, I think I'm going to like it at the end. But, if we get to go in Nov, it will be at the beginning again....LOL

I'm not up on all the food......or have favorites yet. So, we'll play that by ear. I do want to go in Finnegan's for the bread pudding, for sure.

Since we can get in during the day of the meetups, we probably will hold off coming in until closer to meetup time. I can't remember what time we checked in last year but, had no line each night.

Anyways......can't wait!!! we are way too excited..........and yes, a week from now, we will be sad =(
Good Luck in the Flyer lottery!!

Just sitting here waiting now........bags are packed, just grabbed a Chocolate Emporium reservation for tomorrow!!
Flight leaves in 5 hours........but, this will be the longest 5 hours, for sure.....LOL

I'm not too much on posting while I'm there so, I'll wish you all a safe trip!! Fingers crossed weather is good!! Hope everyone has the best time!! Will say HI to everyone at the Meetup, hoping 1 of them is from this group!! Thanks for all the helpful hints!!

:bounce: :dogdance: :banana: :jester: :wave2: :flower1::cool1: I'm so excited!!!

UGH, I totally understand. That seems to happen to us at the wrong time. and gas prices, dang.....(sorry, probably not a good topic to bring up..lol).

We are still too new to Universal......will be a while before we try these. Good Luck...let us know how it goes.

We leave tomorrow!!! Fly out of B'ham @ 4:00. Perfect timing to get in, grab something to eat & get in bed early!!
This will be so different, ending our trip with the 2 OI Meetups. Last time, the meetups were our 1st 2 nights. As I was doing some basic planning, I think I'm going to like it at the end. But, if we get to go in Nov, it will be at the beginning again....LOL

I'm not up on all the food......or have favorites yet. So, we'll play that by ear. I do want to go in Finnegan's for the bread pudding, for sure.

Since we can get in during the day of the meetups, we probably will hold off coming in until closer to meetup time. I can't remember what time we checked in last year but, had no line each night.

Anyways......can't wait!!! we are way too excited..........and yes, a week from now, we will be sad =(
Good Luck in the Flyer lottery!!
Yes the car thing was irritating for sure! I was like hello that's vacay money!!! arghgh! Oh well. The gas is going to kill us too, it takes almost $80 to fill up now, and I imagine the prices are higher in FL, so we're looking at $100- we figure overall gas is going to cost us about $400 round trip- we'll fill up before we leave, once on the way, then again before we leave to head home, and another on the way.

The attraction tours are free, just depends if they have staff to do them or not, how busy it is, and how the person feels when you ask LOL this is our last time for some time, so I thought we should try to do a few :D I really want to do the immigration tour at MiB, it takes you down where the aliens/desks are at!

Finnegan's bread pudding is so good! I will go for just that alone and I'll tell them don't be stingy LOL hahaha! So we have the AP's so we can go to the park whenever as well, but remember you have to leave to come and get your credentials for the meetup. The line opens around 3 pm I think and closes at 8 if I recall. We usually go around 4:30 or so to get the tickets etc and it's normally not a line. There will be a line formed well before 3, because they want to get in right way I assume at 5 lol

I think our loose plan is -

Thurs drive the last 3 hours - stop at HRH check in and see if room is ready- then head to the parks for lunch crepes, rides and fun til our room is ready. We have reservations for Finnegans at 5, so hopefully the room is ready and we can unload quickly and head back in for dinner and more rides/shows.

On Friday morning we'll go to the parks for a few hours - leave around lunch and rest until time for the meetup. My 12 old can't handle the super long days, so I am hoping we can take a nap before the meetup! My 17 yr old hates that part :p

Sat morning we'll sleep in, meet my FIL and his wife for lunch at NBC Grill around 12:30 - spend time visiting, shopping, and hopefully another nap before the meetup again!

Sun - sleep in a bit from the meetup - then parks and fun, and Mon & Tues will be full park normal days and then we leave on Wed. :(

Oh...and all the free butterbeer I can handle 🍺
Yes yes yes! Hopefully the lines won't be too bad. In Nov I think they had them ready to go and the lines moved fast. In June last yr though, it was rough!

Just sitting here waiting now........bags are packed, just grabbed a Chocolate Emporium reservation for tomorrow!!
Flight leaves in 5 hours........but, this will be the longest 5 hours, for sure.....LOL

I'm not too much on posting while I'm there so, I'll wish you all a safe trip!! Fingers crossed weather is good!! Hope everyone has the best time!! Will say HI to everyone at the Meetup, hoping 1 of them is from this group!! Thanks for all the helpful hints!!

:bounce: :dogdance: :banana: :jester: :wave2: :flower1::cool1: I'm so excited!!!
Safe travels! I am so excited for you! Maybe we'll cross paths! I don't get on too much during the week either, but I might try to post which park we'll be in and see if we can at least say hello! Have a wonderful trip!

I'm in the same boat - I love fish & chips, but I'm not sure if I'm doing indoor dining this week. I'm not sure if 3 Broomsticks Has the stew on the menu, but they have a nice little outdoor area that's open sometimes. It'd be nice if you could take food from Leaky Cauldron to go and enjoy it at the tables by the Hopping Pot

I'm in the same boat - I love fish & chips, but I'm not sure if I'm doing indoor dining this week. I'm not sure if 3 Broomsticks Has the stew on the menu, but they have a nice little outdoor area that's open sometimes. It'd be nice if you could take food from Leaky Cauldron to go and enjoy it at the tables by the Hopping Pot
The problem is I’ll be at Universal, not IOA when we will be wanting a small meal. That patio is nice! A peaceful spot with a great view. Or at least, it was; the new coaster is awfully close to it isn’t it? I know there’s no outdoor seating at the Leaky Cauldron in the books/movies but neither is there for Three Broomsticks; I wish they’d incorporated it somehow. Those tables at the Hopping Pot are usually full, and a lot of times people aren’t consuming anything. I think just about the entire state is now under a mask recommended by the CDC for all status.

Emails went out this morning for the flyers——- we missed out again. 😭😫
Oh darn! We did’t get any either. I’ve never been on :(

No flyer email for us.
We got in last night...walked to city walk to eat. Was at IOA around 7:10 this morning...was 7th in our line. Power walked to Hagrids...almost a walk on!! Was off by 8:10. It was awesome!!
Spent several hours there and rode/shopped...ate at Toothsomes and back to room for short nap. About to head to USF. It's pretty busy but we did good. Very hot but clouds helped!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter