***OI Meetup*** June 3-4, 2022

Well, I knew I was tired when we returned but, thought it was from the 5 days of none stop at Universal.
Body was aching then started coughing, sneezing, head stopped up, etc. Got up Monday morning & decided to take an at home covid test.......and it was positive >:( confirmed by the Dr...ugh.
So, I'm stuck home for 5 days to recover.

Hope you all are fine!!!

Well, I knew I was tired when we returned but, thought it was from the 5 days of none stop at Universal.
Body was aching then started coughing, sneezing, head stopped up, etc. Got up Monday morning & decided to take an at home covid test.......and it was positive >:( confirmed by the Dr...ugh.
So, I'm stuck home for 5 days to recover.

Hope you all are fine!!!
Oh no!! That is terrible! I have been worried as numbers have been going up, we have washed and sanitized so much, but it is still quite possible to get it. I hope its mild and you are well soon!!

Oh no!! That is terrible! I have been worried as numbers have been going up, we have washed and sanitized so much, but it is still quite possible to get it. I hope its mild and you are well soon!!
so far, I think it's mild. My cough is scary sounding but most just feels like a really bad cold.

Have you returned home? Did ya'll have a good time?
So glad the weather was good!!

Hope you feel better soon!

My long-Covid acted up the day of so that was fun lol. Happens every time a tropical storm comes through. I think we spent too much time on food and not enough on rides despite my extensive pre-planning. I thought we’d have enough time to go around both parks, ride our favs, and grab food several times. We never made it past Jurrasic or Seuss or to the right side of USF. The line for food at Three Broomsticks took 40mn, I didn’t think anything in the park would take that long or we wouldn’t have waited.

Anyone know whether the games were free to play at the June Meetup?

Just the inside arcade games. Previous meetups the Simpson ones have been available. We walked through the one in Universal and didn’t see anything worth playing, since we were pressed for time and still have points to use at the local arcade. The few things that looked interesting are available there. I dunno if the one in IoA is different.

Just the inside arcade games. Previous meetups the Simpson ones have been available. We walked through the one in Universal and didn’t see anything worth playing, since we were pressed for time and still have points to use at the local arcade. The few things that looked interesting are available there. I dunno if the one in IoA is different.
We stopped by the one in IoA during the winter meetup last year and it wasn't worth it really. Half the games were redemption based so were not on and the others were either occupied or in dire need of replacement/refurbing. We tried playing air hockey and there was barely enough air to get the puck to move so it didn't really glide across the table like it was supposed to. Disappointing that the carnival games weren't open as they were a lot of fun to do at previous ones.

so far, I think it's mild. My cough is scary sounding but most just feels like a really bad cold.

Have you returned home? Did ya'll have a good time?
So glad the weather was good!!
How are you feeling?? I hope much better now!

Yes we are home, we got home on the 9th, stopped in Dothan on the way back, was exhausted lol so I didn't feel like driving the whole 10! We had such a good time, my younger one finally conquered her fears and rode Hulk and RRR but not Velocicoaster lol but hey that's a huge improvement from last Nov! I really enjoyed the meetup, but dh and I didn't eat as much this time around sadly. I was so sad that Mel's did not have their apple pie on the menu during the meetup, so we opted to go to Richter Burger, which we had not been there before. It was okay, the apple pie was a HUGE slice, but it was not hot and it was no way to use the milkshake, so I just dipped into the milkshake, but it was disappointing. Ah well LOL I had lots of butterbeer, frozen and hot, but did notice that during the regular days the frozen machines weren't working and I do not love their cold one. It's too bitter for me lol. I wanted to do some tours but never got around to it, in part because we forgot to ask and part because my older teens attitude was on my last nerve! UGH. We actually separated and let her go do her own thing and checked in with us via text from time to time. I was like, do you know how much money I am spending on your ungrateful self right now??? ARGH! LOL Anyway, overall we did have a good time, glad we stayed at Hard Rock and had the express pass.

Meetup was a blast of course, enjoyed less people, free foods/drinks, no lines and the weather turned out pretty good! We didn't make it to the speakeasy, just kept getting side tracked! I didn't notice as many characters out during the meetup, but then again I could missed a bunch of them!

It was sad leaving the last day, since we don't know when we will be back, but we have some big things coming up soon, it's my middle ones senior year, so lots of expenses there, she'll get a grad trip (originally she wanted to USO, but I think it might be New York now lol), it's highly likely that my oldest dd will get married next fall, probably engaged this fall, and then I graduate myself in Dec 2023. However, I am going to put my grad trip off til summer 2024, hoping to go to London, see all the sights plus the HP stuff!

Did you guys have a good time on the trip? Best part? Worst part?

my younger one finally conquered her fears and rode Hulk and RRR but not Velocicoaster lol but hey that's a huge improvement
Oh NICE!! so glad she tried those!! Maybe next time.........I actually think Velocicoaster is a smoother ride.
t was sad leaving the last day,
so sad to leave, each time we go. And yes, you have a full calendar. NY would be wonderful. And London....wow, that would be so nice!!

Did you guys have a good time on the trip? Best part? Worst part?
We had a great trip!! I didn't know a 60+ w/copd could wear out 14 yr olds but, I did...LOL. When I'm there, I feel so young & want to do everything.
Being only our 2nd time there, we really took it more laid back & enjoyed more of sitting around watching & just taking in everything. We still missed so much.
We so loved the Meetup!! But, lesson learned, I will not do it on the last 2 nights again. We were just so tired by then. But, we pushed through & stayed til the last 30 min each night. The best part was the girls were finally able to really do spells the Friday OI Meetup. Most days were so packed, they couldn't enjoy it. But, that night, it was only them at most spots. I sat down and people watched while they took off with their map. I enjoyed just watching their faces doing it.

We may pass up Nov..flights are just not where I'm willing to pay. And I'm trying to take my kids & grands on a cruise. So, 9 of us will add up. I really wanted to take them to Universal but, that was way out of my price range for 9. Cruising seems good so I don't have to deal with paying for meals..lol.

We had a great trip!! I didn't know a 60+ w/copd could wear out 14 yr olds but, I did...LOL. When I'm there, I feel so young & want to do everything.
Being only our 2nd time there, we really took it more laid back & enjoyed more of sitting around watching & just taking in everything. We still missed so much.
We so loved the Meetup!! But, lesson learned, I will not do it on the last 2 nights again. We were just so tired by then. But, we pushed through & stayed til the last 30 min each night. The best part was the girls were finally able to really do spells the Friday OI Meetup. Most days were so packed, they couldn't enjoy it. But, that night, it was only them at most spots. I sat down and people watched while they took off with their map. I enjoyed just watching their faces doing it.

We may pass up Nov..flights are just not where I'm willing to pay. And I'm trying to take my kids & grands on a cruise. So, 9 of us will add up. I really wanted to take them to Universal but, that was way out of my price range for 9. Cruising seems good so I don't have to deal with paying for meals..lol.
Haha, I imagine they were worn out! Between the park days, the heat, and the meetup, I was very tried by the end our trip. I mean we had fun but whew! Yes the meetup is a fantastic time to do spells, we skipped that this time, forgot the wands at the hotel LOL but hubby and the kids went on that Monday morning after for early park admission and did it then, and they didn't have much of a wait then. Then I think my older dd went back and did a little more one evening, but I can't recall, as we let her go do her own thing off and on.

I don't blame you, I would lean to the cruise too especially if its overall cheaper for 9! I really want to cruise to Alaska, but I think we'll wait a couple more years before we book one again.

Broke down & decided this weekend, to purchase Nov Meetup Tickets!!! I wasn't going to due to flight prices & times but, my DIL wants to go so, we decided to drive.

I sure will miss RocketCityMama's thread on here. I think the only times I've done the meetup, this thread was here.
Hope all is going well with you & all your life activities/celebrations!!!

have a question for you......I'm just south of Birmingham. And have NEVER driven to Orlando. And always swore I would not since SW flights are so short. But, price jumped from $250 to $750 round trip so, driving will be tried this time.

My question is........i know you have a couple hours more than we do but, where would you stop over night? for a break?
We are probably going to leave on Thurs (before Thanksgiving) after my DGD gets out of school....maybe a little early but, 2:00 if we are lucky. It's at least an 8 hour drive........so, thinking of stopping at hotel about halfway there. Sure don't want to drive 8+ hours on Friday & then do the meetup.
I'm so excited to go back during Grinchmas!!!

TIA
Christie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter