***OI Meetup*** June 3-4, 2022

Working in a school and getting ready is getting me excited. We will be at universal on June 1st taking an Uber from MCO. Not doing to much the first few days except hang around CityWalk and maybe grab something at NBC and going back to surfside to relax and wait to go to OI. We will get to CityWalk probably around 330 and head in around 5 and just wait for everything to start. This will be our 1st meetup so I am very excited going both days

We actually have 21 days til we are there!! We fly down on May 30th. Getting there later in the day. We'll try to get some sleep & be there before rope drop Tues morning!!!
We fly home Sunday ....we'll be able to sleep in a little after the OI Meetup night. Our flight is 1:55 so, we won't be picked up until 11:25am. Couldn't have timed it any better!!!
I haven't made any dining reservations...........keep thinking about it. But, we don't like to have to be anywhere at any certain time. We did pretty good Thanksgiving week so, I may just go with the flow again this time.

This is our 2nd OI Meetup & for the 1st one, I felt a little lost. So, I'm super excited this time!!

I'm just hoping I'm not disappointed with the parks since my only time was during Grinchmas......LOL It was wonderful. Can't wait til Nov!!!

We leave in 21 days!! Woo! It has gotten HOT here in Kansas, and I about died taking the dog for his mid-day walk yesterday. I really need to acclimate myself to the heat before we arrive in FL!

@Krisshay13 this is our second meet-up too and I also felt a little lost the first time! Not that we didn't have a great time (or we wouldn't be coming back for another one), but I don't think we were very strategic in our approach to rides/food. I hate having to plan anything at UO, but I feel like it might be good to have a rough outline for the meetup nights. One of the people in our party isn't a big thrill rider (or she's not sure if she is--she hasn't been on any coasters before and tends to get motion sick), so who knows how that will affect our agenda.

Our rough plan for our week is to go to the parks in the late afternoon when we arrive Thursday for a few hours and then grab dinner at either Toothsomes or Margaritaville. I have reservations for both at the same time, so we'll decide when we get there that day I suppose. Leaning more towards M'ville, but we'll see. Friday we'll probably go to the parks for a bit in the AM until lunchtime (maybe hit the water rides before we go?) and head back to the hotel to enjoy the pool/rest/freshen up. Saturday is likely pool day, and we're thinking of trekking over to Cabana Bay since we've never been there before. Lots of RnR to rest our feet and chill before Saturday night. (Of course I say that now, but we might talk ourselves into some park time Saturday AM too, especially since we have EPs for our entire stay.) Sunday we can sleep in a little but we'll probably do the parks most of the day since our flight doesn't leave until 9pm! We have reservations for Islands Dining Room for breakfast buffet Sunday AM.

We're a little up in the air about midday meals. I think we'll play it by ear since it's hard to know where we'll be when. If we're at the hotel and wiped out, I would hate to have to trek back to the parks or CW just to eat. We'll have our meetup gift cards we can use too, but I don't know how/when we'll use those. We enjoyed Cowfish, but not sure where we would work that into our week. Maybe Sunday before we head home? We also liked Breadbox on previous trips. There are too many options! I probably won't use our GCs inside the park since we can eat that food for free during meetup hours. ;)

Again, I feel a little out of sorts not having a more concrete agenda but I really want this trip to be relaxed and go with the flow! (Which completely goes against my nature! HA!)

This is our 2nd meetup too and I feel we didn’t use the gift cards in the best way. If we arrive at the earliest entry time, is there any recommended in-park restaurant options to use our gift cards? We didn‘t realize how hungry we would be waiting for the event to start (and the free food to become available).

We arrive on June 1st and we are only going in the parks when we go for OI can we still get the photo package? Would it be worth it?

@Krisshay13 this is our second meet-up too and I also felt a little lost the first time! Not that we didn't have a great time (or we wouldn't be coming back for another one), but I don't think we were very strategic in our approach to rides/food. I hate having to plan anything at UO, but I feel like it might be good to have a rough outline for the meetup nights. One of the people in our party isn't a big thrill rider (or she's not sure if she is--she hasn't been on any coasters before and tends to get motion sick), so who knows how that will affect our agenda.
I agree, I don't want to do much planning but, a rough outline is what I plan to do.
My DGD won't ride big coasters but, she stayed in line with me & they let her just cross over to the other side & wait at the exit for me to ride. 1 ride, they sent her to the child swap room to wait. Glad there is a good option for those wanting to ride but, have someone not wanting to ride!!

This is our 2nd meetup too and I feel we didn’t use the gift cards in the best way. If we arrive at the earliest entry time, is there any recommended in-park restaurant options to use our gift cards? We didn‘t realize how hungry we would be waiting for the event to start (and the free food to become available).
Hi Shellyinbama.........I'm in AL too, just south of Birmingham.

I've only been 1x to Universal so, I'm not one that can recommend restaurants yet. I've heard others say Mytho's is good. If I remember correctly, we did a late lunch on these days & had a snack in the park before the meetup started. I really do need to start putting together a rough idea on what we are doing,

We arrive on June 1st and we are only going in the parks when we go for OI can we still get the photo package? Would it be worth it?
You can get it but I would not. The Oi meetup does not participate in the photo package. I have found you can get “some” of the ride photos but not all and the Oi people tell you no that is it not avail. If you are only going to the meetup I would not purchase.

Working in a school and getting ready is getting me excited. We will be at universal on June 1st taking an Uber from MCO. Not doing to much the first few days except hang around CityWalk and maybe grab something at NBC and going back to surfside to relax and wait to go to OI. We will get to CityWalk probably around 330 and head in around 5 and just wait for everything to start. This will be our 1st meetup so I am very excited going both days
we leave home June 1 and arrive June 2 and hit the parks! We are so ready, this last week of work (in a school as well) has been rough! We have 7.5 more teaching days left, so done!!! You will be so glad to have purchased both nights!
We actually have 21 days til we are there!! We fly down on May 30th. Getting there later in the day. We'll try to get some sleep & be there before rope drop Tues morning!!!
We fly home Sunday ....we'll be able to sleep in a little after the OI Meetup night. Our flight is 1:55 so, we won't be picked up until 11:25am. Couldn't have timed it any better!!!
I haven't made any dining reservations...........keep thinking about it. But, we don't like to have to be anywhere at any certain time. We did pretty good Thanksgiving week so, I may just go with the flow again this time.

This is our 2nd OI Meetup & for the 1st one, I felt a little lost. So, I'm super excited this time!!

I'm just hoping I'm not disappointed with the parks since my only time was during Grinchmas......LOL It was wonderful. Can't wait til Nov!!!
I toyed with not making any but it is free to make and easy to cancel so I figured I had nothing to lose. I think it is going to be much busier this June (not at meetup per se) but overall because so many disney folks are jumping ship right now. I am glad we are staying at HrH for express pass. I think lines are going to be insane the Monday after the meetup. We shall see though!
We leave in 21 days!! Woo! It has gotten HOT here in Kansas, and I about died taking the dog for his mid-day walk yesterday. I really need to acclimate myself to the heat before we arrive in FL!

Our rough plan for our week is to go to the parks in the late afternoon when we arrive Thursday for a few hours and then grab dinner at either Toothsomes or Margaritaville. I have reservations for both at the same time, so we'll decide when we get there that day I suppose. Leaning more towards M'ville, but we'll see. Friday we'll probably go to the parks for a bit in the AM until lunchtime (maybe hit the water rides before we go?) and head back to the hotel to enjoy the pool/rest/freshen up. Saturday is likely pool day, and we're thinking of trekking over to Cabana Bay since we've never been there before. Lots of RnR to rest our feet and chill before Saturday night. (Of course I say that now, but we might talk ourselves into some park time Saturday AM too, especially since we have EPs for our entire stay.) Sunday we can sleep in a little but we'll probably do the parks most of the day since our flight doesn't leave until 9pm! We have reservations for Islands Dining Room for breakfast buffet Sunday AM.

We're a little up in the air about midday meals. I think we'll play it by ear since it's hard to know where we'll be when. If we're at the hotel and wiped out, I would hate to have to trek back to the parks or CW just to eat. We'll have our meetup gift cards we can use too, but I don't know how/when we'll use those. We enjoyed Cowfish, but not sure where we would work that into our week. Maybe Sunday before we head home? We also liked Breadbox on previous trips. There are too many options! I probably won't use our GCs inside the park since we can eat that food for free during meetup hours. ;)

Again, I feel a little out of sorts not having a more concrete agenda but I really want this trip to be relaxed and go with the flow! (Which completely goes against my nature! HA!)
We did not do as well planning the first one as the second but I feel we did ok as far as rides. Food/snacking is where we didn’t do as well. This will be our 3rd and last one for awhile so we are hoping to make it memorable!
We love the Breadbox and somehow skipped it out last 2 trips! 🤷🏼‍♀️ So it is a must do this time for us.
I am a planner too but I do enjoy not stressing over super detailed plans like for WDW!

We forgot to even use them!!🙈🙈 We will bring them back and combine with this years to pay for one of our big meals. Timing wise I would use them closer to 7 pm, I feel that is a goos tine to have food before it all closes and you wait. I did find some places opened a little early last Nov. maybe some will this too!

Well I was saddened to hear about Monsters Cafe closing. I love going when it has been open! I keep hoping maybe it will be open one last time during the meetup, but who knows.

We are closing in on the final countdown!

🎉🎉——20 Days—— til the firsr night of the meetup! 🎉🎉

OI announced Ripsaw Falls would be open during the meetup, great for the water riders. :) We should be getting more info super soon and the email about the lottery for pflyers. We will try for them again, maybe 3rd times a charm! 🤣

Well I was saddened to hear about Monsters Cafe closing. I love going when it has been open! I keep hoping maybe it will be open one last time during the meetup, but who knows.
Since I've only been 1x to Universal, I don't have anything "special" but, we did eat at Monster Cafe in Nov. & really enjoyed it. The room we were in (& maybe most are) was dark & very relaxing. Rumors are swirling about it moving to Epic but, that's so far away, not sure why you would need to close this one so fast. oh well

e are closing in on the final countdown!

🎉🎉——20 Days—— til the firsr night of the meetup! 🎉🎉

OI announced Ripsaw Falls would be open during the meetup, great for the water riders. :) We should be getting more info super soon and the email about the lottery for pflyers. We will try for them again, maybe 3rd times a charm! 🤣
I can't believe we are so close!!! Yes, would love to be able to ride pflyers!! Will not ride a water ride during OI Meetup.....I will do that during hot day, to dry faster...LOL

Can anyone point me to where I can go to read up on strategies to make the most of our one night at the Meetup? We have been to UO many times and will have several days in the parks before June 3, but this is our first Meetup. So excited!!!!

When is the email sent from OI? just want to make sure I'm not missing it. getting excited

🎉🎉15 more days!🎉🎉

Tomorrow emails come out with more info about the flyer lottery, maps, meals, etc! I cannot believe we are basically within 2 weeks! We bought our tickets at the Nov meetup lol so we have been waiting awhile!

I finally did a bit of shopping the last week or so and am winding down at work. Just 3.5 more student days and then home free! It has been 90 here the last few days and I have been forcing myself to be outside as much as I can to prep for the meetup and our trip 🤣 but I am thankful for our screened patio we had put in last year. It helps with the heat some, so not as bad as it was prior. I have been on the patio daily since I turned in my final 🎉🤣.

We have been watching some new vlogs lately. I really want to eat the new crepes, even though not avail at meetup. They look yummy! I am also excited to see the current monsters tribute store and the small shop in Lost Cont. Still waiting on news of a big summer tribute store. I swear Taylor said it would be open during the meetup, but no themes announced yet and not currently open.

Not much else to report, trying to make it until Wed. These kids are exhausting lol. I will miss them though!

Can anyone point me to where I can go to read up on strategies to make the most of our one night at the Meetup? We have been to UO many times and will have several days in the parks before June 3, but this is our first Meetup. So excited!!!!
Welcome! I would go back and look at some of the older threads that mention the meetup. There is a group on a place I should not name lol that has lots of info. 😊📚

My suggestions is to make a basic outline of must dos/eats. Start at one park, do all you can and then walk over to the other. Since you are only doing one night, I would start at the park that closes earlier and then move to the one that closes the later time.

You are going to be surprised how empty the parks are, the non existant lines minus a couple (hagrid/VC) and how nice everyone is. With one night you can’t do it all or eat it all. So go with a smal plan and make adjustments as you go. We really don’t eat a big meal during the night, we grab a lot of smaller things and share so we can sample more things.

Tomorrow when you get the email it will give you some tips too. Like start at the front and work your way back. Don’t stress, enjoy it and make sure to buy 2 nights in the future lol you will wish you had!

Are we able to ride hogwarts express ? And if so , do we have to wait till the park closes or can we go on when we enter the park at 5?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!