Oh my god....

You look at any public place and they're going to have a long list of incidents that have happened. They look worse when you pile them all together like that.

On July 8, 1974, cast member Deborah Gail Stone, 18, of Santa Ana, California was crushed to death between a revolving wall and a stationary platform inside the America Sings attraction. She was in the wrong place during a ride intermission; it was unclear whether this was due to inadequate training or a misstep. The attraction was subsequently refitted with breakaway walls.[6]

:eek:

In 1966, Thomas Guy Cleveland, 19, of Northridge, California, was struck and killed by the monorail, which then dragged him 40 feet down the track. This occurred on Grad Nite while he was trying to sneak into the park by climbing onto the monorail track.

:eek: :eek:

On February 11, 2004, 38-year-old cast member Javier Cruz died when he was accidentally run over by the Beauty and the Beast parade float in a backstage area. Cruz was dressed as Pluto at the time. [50] This led OSHA to fine Disney $6,300 for having employees in restricted areas.[51]
:eek: omg! poor guy!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
omg!

But on some of those, I thought it was wrong to blame it on Disney.

I only glanced at the incidents at WDW. Most of them seem to have occured due to preexisting conditions. It can happen anywhere.

Disney is what, the largest theme park in the world with the most visitors and workers? When you have THAT many people things happen. It's not exclusive to Disney, Disney is just the largest so they get the most attention.

Most of it was the guests fault, other were purely accidents, and some were Disney's (mostly random cast members who weren't paying attention) fault.

I saw a video of a cast member dressed up as pluto chasing a little girl around main street.

The majority of this stuff isn't Disney's fault. It's the people who are being stupid and do things they aren't supposed to. Like the dude killed by the monorail; his fault he was trying to sneak in! Some I know are complete accidents and Disney can't prevent them. But some, people are just being stupid.

I have zero sympathy for people who get injured or die on rides because they ignore warnings. And that guy who died on the monorail track deserved it. Stupid people can't go around expecting nothing to happen as a result of their asinine actions.

I have zero sympathy for people who get injured or die on rides because they ignore warnings. And that guy who died on the monorail track deserved it. Stupid people can't go around expecting nothing to happen as a result of their asinine actions.
It might be harsh, but I agree. Like the 18 year old kid who hid in the island and decided into middle of the night to swim back. Then someone else (Same age) did it exactly 10 years later!? Stupid!

It was a little boy, and that was resolved. They were playing, and some random woman mis-understand and pushed Pluto.

Yeah I didn't remember exact details about it. I have sympathy for the people who are innocent.

The majority of this stuff isn't Disney's fault. It's the people who are being stupid and do things they aren't supposed to. Like the dude killed by the monorail; his fault he was trying to sneak in! Some I know are complete accidents and Disney can't prevent them. But some, people are just being stupid.

Yea, I know. That guy was being really dumb.

In 1976, a woman filed a lawsuit claiming one of the Three Little Pigs ran up to her at the "it's a small world" attraction, grabbed at and fondled her, while exclaiming "Mommy! Mommy!" She claimed to have somehow gained 50 pounds as a result of the incident, and sued Disney for $150,000 in damages for assault and battery, false imprisonment, and humiliation. The plaintiff dropped charges after Disney's lawyers presented her with a photo of the costume, which had only inoperable stub arms.
WTH?

On September 5, 2003, 22-year-old Marcelo Torres of nearby Gardena, California died after suffering severe blunt force trauma and extensive internal bleeding in a derailment of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad roller coaster. The cause of the accident was determined to be improper maintenance and training of Disney cast members

On May 6, 2001, 29 people suffered minor injuries when a tree in Frontierland fell over. It is believed that the tree was over 40 years old, and one of the park's original plantings. [12]

On August 14, 1979, 31-year-old Sherrill Anne Hoffman became ill after riding Space Mountain. At the unload area, she was unable to get out of the vehicle. Cast members told her to stay seated while the vehicle was removed from the track. However, other ride attendants did not understand that Hoffman's vehicle was to be removed, and sent her through the ride a second time[/B].(The ride operators told me on Extra Magic Hours you couldn't there was a bar or somthing to prevent a person from doing this.... well wonders never cease!lol)She arrived at the unloading zone semi-unconscious. Hoffman was subsequently taken to Palm Harbor Hospital, where she died seven days later after being in a coma. The coroner's report attributed the death to natural causes, due to a heart tumor that became dislodged and entered her brain. A subsequent lawsuit against the park was dismissed.[26]

All I have to say DL.....
DANG!!!!
lol those are terrible!

And to WDW....
LOOK OUT PLUTO!!!!LOL! But pretty bad...

On February 11, 2004, 38-year-old cast member Javier Cruz died when he was accidentally run over by the Beauty and the Beast parade float in a backstage area. Cruz was dressed as Pluto at the time.
Has anyone been in a guest altercation?!
On May 20, 2007, five guests from Shirley, New York, ages 14 to 20 years old, were arrested for allegedly attacking a sheriff's deputy. They were accused of spitting and harassing other guests, and were being detained by Disney security near Space Mountain. When an Orange County sheriff's deputy arrived, the deputy stated that he was "Punched in the face with closed fists... by all the defendants." During the melee, the deputy used a stun gun on an unnamed 17-year-old female guest. All five guests, including 19-year-old Brian Guilfoil and 20-year-old Rose DiPietro, were arrested on charges of battery on a law enforcement officer, and for resisting arrest with violence. The 17-year-old guest was also cited for battery on a uniformed officer.[58]

LOL, I have but definitly not this bad.....

In 1976, a woman filed a lawsuit claiming one of the Three Little Pigs ran up to her at the "it's a small world" attraction, grabbed at and fondled her, while exclaiming "Mommy! Mommy!" She claimed to have somehow gained 50 pounds as a result of the incident, and sued Disney for $150,000 in damages for assault and battery, false imprisonment, and humiliation. The plaintiff dropped charges after Disney's lawyers presented her with a photo of the costume, which had only inoperable stub arms.

WTH?

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: I couldn't help but laughing!:lmao: :lmao:

Yea, I know. That guy was being really dumb.

I don't understand why someone in their right mind would ever climb on the monorail track. That thing is really high up and isn't it like full of thousands of volts of power/electricity? Good god people need help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter