Offsite Monorail Tour

Bork

Goofy about Disney
We're staying offsite and would like to do the monorail tour on one of our off days. Our options would seem to be:
1. Park at Disney Springs and take a bus to one of the monorail resorts
2. Book a dining reservation at a monorail resort and then you have 3 hours to tour?

Any recommendations?

I should have mentioned that we have 5 people, including a 3 year old in a carseat.
could be a long wait for bus at DS esp with a 3 year old either way. would still look for a rideshare with carseat and drop off at TTC. then look for same type of rideshare from your last stop

Since it sounds like you have your own car, why not park @ TTC and take the monorail from there?

Parking at TTC is still an option, might be similar cost to 2 rideshares for 5 people. TS dining at a monorail resort could also be costly and time consuming for that 3 hour monorail tour..

While you pay to park @ TTC, any of those on-line taxi services aren't free and the cost of a meal at most of the monorail resorts can be pricey as well. OP didn't indicate if the price was the main factor. Parking @ DS is free and there are several choices for restaurants there as well. Just depends on their budget and what they are looking for.

It comes down to what your time is worth if you insist to park for free. Me, I'd just pay the parking fee to park at the TTC.

We've done "Disney Transport Tours" a couple of times, to kill a day. It still feels like you're at Disney but you are giving your feet a rest (and not paying for a park ticket). You could park at Disney Springs, take a boat to SSR (or OKW or POFQ), have some lunch (Olivia's at OKW or Sassagoula Float Works at POFQ), take a bus to Epcot, hop on the monorail to MK. Get off at one of the monorail resorts and take the bus back to Disney Springs (can't bus from a theme park to DS). It'll kill a chunk of an afternoon, especially if you have lunch somewhere along the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter