• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine & Dine 2014

Hello fellow Wine and Diners!!! After an abysmal WDW Half last weeked :sad: I'm more than ready to continue my W&D streak for the third year in a row! :cool1: I even already have a costume idea "swiming":fish: around in my head.

Who's with me??!! Only 269 days!! :woohoo: :dance3:

I am sorry you had a bad race. :( Was it a "someone yanked open my porta pottie door" kind of bad? During w&d last year I seriously thought (for about three) miles about just sitting down on the side of the road and waiting for someone to pick me up.:rotfl: But I started to far forward and figured I would be waiting a really long time.:thumbsup2

Hang in there!

Hk331 I have not heard of submitting a relay time for proof of time, but my guess is that someone will jump in at some point with the answer. If in a few days no one has the answer might be worth starting a thread to ask that question. :goodvibes

Looking at my local races, lots of them are half marathon relays, do you think if I did a 13.1 mile relay with a friend that our two personal 6.55 miles would be something we could submit? it seems in the final online results they post them as a total team time.... I bet that wont work. :scratchin

It is preferable to run a stand alone 10k and have that as proof. There is often trouble in trying to use a relay as the relay point is usually not a certified point along the course; usually it's more of a point of convenience. I am not going to say it will not be accepted but it would be better to have something you know will.

After Princess Half in 2012, and being in Disney during Marathon weekend this year, I've decided it's time for another race. I was so sad seeing everyone with their medals but after two orthopedic surgeries in September and November, it just wasn't in the cards. Hopefully W&D will be a glorious welcome back and the most amazing birthday weekend! So excited!

Joining. My d-i-l plans to run the 1/2 with two friends, and DH and I plan to run / walk 5K. We were at the 2013 Marathon week (she at 1/2, me at 5K) and the excitement was wonderful!

I'm hoping to do this mainly for the after party. I'm trying to comb the old threads to see what the room/ticket packages typically cost.

Oh Pluto! I was so worried when I hadn't seen you on here after the half last weekend. :hug: I know how it feels to have an awful rD race. (I am lookin at YOU W&D 2013!). I don't plan to sign up for the W&D this year because I just don't live close enough to florida to do all the races in one year. :( But I sure do wish they would release the medal before registration. The only thing that could make me break my no-fall-Disney-races promise to DH is a gold space ship earth medal....

Aaahhhh, come on down my fellow bling lover!!!! Aren't you going for some Coast to Coast or Princess bling this year? I decided to do W&D this year for the 5th anny, but after that, it's on to checking off another one of the Disney races off my list. Full? Maybe. 2015 Princess? More than likely. Who knows??:confused3 Either way, would love to hook up! :thumbsup2

I am sorry you had a bad race. :( Was it a "someone yanked open my porta pottie door" kind of bad? During w&d last year I seriously thought (for about three) miles about just sitting down on the side of the road and waiting for someone to pick me up.:rotfl: But I started to far forward and figured I would be waiting a really long time.:thumbsup2

Hang in there!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: There were SO many people that us girls starting using the bushes BEHIND the porta potties! Quite the social event, let me tell ya! :lmao: :lmao:

See? You can't take those upper corrals lightly! I'm positive that had alot to do with finishing as well as I did. ::yes:: Can't wait to see you guys again! :grouphug:

After Princess Half in 2012, and being in Disney during Marathon weekend this year, I've decided it's time for another race. I was so sad seeing everyone with their medals but after two orthopedic surgeries in September and November, it just wasn't in the cards. Hopefully W&D will be a glorious welcome back and the most amazing birthday weekend! So excited!

Welcome to W&D madness! So far it's my fave runDisney event by far!!

Make sure you guys check out the blog! Yes, I finally did it!! :cool1: :cool1:

PlutoBaby said:
Aaahhhh, come on down my fellow bling lover!!!! Aren't you going for some Coast to Coast or Princess bling this year? I decided to do W&D this year for the 5th anny, but after that, it's on to checking off another one of the Disney races off my list. Full? Maybe. 2015 Princess? More than likely. Who knows??:confused3 Either way, would love to hook up! :thumbsup2

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: There were SO many people that us girls starting using the bushes BEHIND the porta potties! Quite the social event, let me tell ya! :lmao: :lmao:

See? You can't take those upper corrals lightly! I'm positive that had alot to do with finishing as well as I did. ::yes:: Can't wait to see you guys again! :grouphug:

Welcome to W&D madness! So far it's my fave runDisney event by far!!

Make sure you guys check out the blog! Yes, I finally did it!! :cool1: :cool1:

Yep! Headed to CA right NOW to run Tink this weekend! And then next month for that pink coast to coast. I'm so excited!

I can't wait to read your blog. Except I'm going to have to wait now until I get off the plane..... :)

DH and I will be back again this year for the Wine and Dine Half! We had so much fun last year, the decision to do it again this year was almost a no-brainer! We have already rented vacation club points at the Beach Club for the race weekend, now we just have to register for the race!

My sister called last week to say she wants to join us again as well! Going to be a great weekend again!

I do have a goal of getting a much better coral placement this year, last year my 10k time was less than stellar, so we ended up in Coral I, very crowded in that coral! Setting an early goal to get a faster 10k time to submit!

Last year, I brought my 10k time with me to the Expo and got our coral changed, is that not going to be allowed this year?

And don't they change the medals every year?

Figment, thanks for the info on the 10k for coral placement. My husband wants to know can he submit a time from last year or does it have to be a 2014 race?

cjhinch said:
DH and I will be back again this year for the Wine and Dine Half! We had so much fun last year, the decision to do it again this year was almost a no-brainer! We have already rented vacation club points at the Beach Club for the race weekend, now we just have to register for the race!

My sister called last week to say she wants to join us again as well! Going to be a great weekend again!

I do have a goal of getting a much better coral placement this year, last year my 10k time was less than stellar, so we ended up in Coral I, very crowded in that coral! Setting an early goal to get a faster 10k time to submit!

Last year, I brought my 10k time with me to the Expo and got our coral changed, is that not going to be allowed this year?

And don't they change the medals every year?

Usually they change the medal every 5 years and just change the lanyard/ribbon each year but for some reason they changed the w&d last year. I liked the Epcot shaped medal better but lots of people love the new one.

As of the 2014 WDW marathon weekend they stopped allowing corral changes at the expo. Not sure if they will continue this policy but if I had to bet i would say they will continue email only updates by a cutoff date.

bgenew1 said:
Figment, thanks for the info on the 10k for coral placement. My husband wants to know can he submit a time from last year or does it have to be a 2014 race?

The cutoff varies from race to race and I'm not sure what the exact timing is (18 months, 2 years, etc). However, before I ran my 10k last summer, I was going to use my 2012 wine and dine finish as proof for the 2013 wine and dine. So it was at least that long (12 months) last year.

Hi all! Just had a great time at Tink this weekend and now can't wait for W&D to complete my 2014 C2C! Looking forward to getting to know everyone in this group when I get home!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

momto3gr8boys said:
Hi all! Just had a great time at Tink this weekend and now can't wait for W&D to complete my 2014 C2C! Looking forward to getting to know everyone in this group when I get home!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hey! Glad to see you enjoyed tink as well! Hop on over to the tink race report thread and share if you don't mind. I thought this was a really great race weekend. I heard there were 10k issues but for the most part I thought the half was fantastic! Running through the castle, I can't explain it. I am not a "girly or princess-y"type of runner but I seriously teared up going through there this morning. I realized once I was going through it how cool it was to run up to and through the front of the castle instead of out. There's not huge uphill like in Florida. And it just felt cool, like I was running "into my castle" or something. That sounds odd when I say it out loud but it just seemed fun this morning.

Hello everyone! I really want to do the Wine and Dine this year. I was trying for the Tink, but didn't quite make it. I haven't run anything over a 5K yet, but I'm hoping to get in a 10K or two before the W&D. Does anyone know yet how far in advance you have to submit a time for placement? Thanks and hope to see you all there. :wave2:

It seems to be the year for adding 10k's to race weekends. Do you think an announcement would have been made already if a 10k would be added to wine and dine weekend, or could it still be a possibility?

Hello everyone! I really want to do the Wine and Dine this year. I was trying for the Tink, but didn't quite make it. I haven't run anything over a 5K yet, but I'm hoping to get in a 10K or two before the W&D. Does anyone know yet how far in advance you have to submit a time for placement? Thanks and hope to see you all there. :wave2:

I called Run Disney today, and asked the same question. The woman on the phone said by August :)

Do you guys think they will change the medal this year since they just changed it?

I think they always do something special for the 5 year anniversary, but guess we'll just have to see. :cool1:

If I remember correctly, the first year I ran it, the girl at runDisney said I could use a time from the previous two years. I don't know if that's still true, but you can always call them to confirm. :rolleyes:

Hey! Glad to see you enjoyed tink as well! Hop on over to the tink race report thread and share if you don't mind. I thought this was a really great race weekend. I heard there were 10k issues but for the most part I thought the half was fantastic! Running through the castle, I can't explain it. I am not a "girly or princess-y"type of runner but I seriously teared up going through there this morning. I realized once I was going through it how cool it was to run up to and through the front of the castle instead of out. There's not huge uphill like in Florida. And it just felt cool, like I was running "into my castle" or something. That sounds odd when I say it out loud but it just seemed fun this morning.

Tellmetellmetellme!!! I wanna hear all about it!! :hyper:

I THINK last year you had until September to submit a proof of time. Coach, do you know?

Taking some time off from running and will probabaly start up sometime in May. If I haven't gone off the deep end by then :scared1: :rotfl:. When does everyone plan on starting to train specifically for the W&D? Are you going to follow a training plan or anything formal? Other than the obligatory Pluto stop in AK, I don't plan on stopping for anything except the water stops. I'm going for a Disney PR if it kills me this time! :woohoo:

Thank you everyone for the information! I was reading up on the official rundisney site, and I know they had mentioned they would like you to have proof of time at registration, I was just wondering if anyone had had success sending the proof after registering and having their corral changed? The race I am using isn't until May, and I was just concerned that I would not be able to get a corral change if I did not submit proof at registration. Thanks again for all the helpful information! :goodvibes

i will be signing up for this when registration opens. it's the 5th anniversary this year so that medal better change!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter