Official Wine & Dine 2014

No clue...

There were 11941 finishers + 124 female Military + 203 male Military...so 12268 finishers (per the official results).

There were 14650 bibs in the corral listing.

So it seems that would mean there were 2382 runners that did not finish...either because they were swept or they did not start the race. :confused3

Maybe???!

wonder what "standard" is? with an event of this size you'll always have some that don't show up for the start, etc.

anyway of seeing what the Avengers run they just did looked like?

wonder what "standard" is? with an event of this size you'll always have some that don't show up for the start, etc.

anyway of seeing what the Avengers run they just did looked like?
Not sure what the standard is...

For Avengers...12473 bibs in the corral listing.
85 female Military finishers, 152 male Military finishers
10449 non-Military finishers = 10686 total finishers

So 83.7% of runners that bought bibs finished Wine & Dine.
85.7% of runners that bought bibs finished Avengers.

No clue...

There were 11941 finishers + 124 female Military + 203 male Military...so 12268 finishers (per the official results).

There were 14650 bibs in the corral listing.

So it seems that would mean there were 2382 runners that did not finish...either because they were swept or they did not start the race. :confused3

Maybe???!

Very nice detective work! Thank you! That seems like a pretty high number. But I'm sure there were a fair amount that didn't start. And I saw a higher than usual amount of injured folks at the med tents :(

Hopefully this was an anomaly and it won't happen again next year because I definitely want a less soggy do over! :rotfl:

Not sure what the standard is...

For Avengers...12473 bibs in the corral listing.
85 female Military finishers, 152 male Military finishers
10449 non-Military finishers = 10686 total finishers

So 83.7% of runners that bought bibs finished Wine & Dine.
85.7% of runners that bought bibs finished Avengers.

makes it sound like W&D wasn't "off" much more than usual, doesn't it?

us runners - we're a real bright lot, aren't we? pouring rain and we're out there running anyway! :rotfl2:

Historically my name would show up in both the military and regular results tallies, so you probably don't have to subtract those out as they are duplicates. That may have changed in the last couple years.

Historically my name would show up in both the military and regular results tallies, so you probably don't have to subtract those out as they are duplicates. That may have changed in the last couple years.
Oh...oops! Thanks for that!

Okay, so if the Military finishers are already counted in the official results, that means...

11941 people finished Wine & Dine/14650 bibs bought = 81.5%
10449 people finished Avengers/12473 bibs bought = 83.77%

So similar results. :)

I'm also curious to know more about the taping. I presume it is done at the expo. Is there a charge? KT makes different kinds of tape, some of which claim to do better in wet conditions. Do you know if they use the KT Pro line of tape?
It would be interesting to see how much better they are at applying it than DW and I are. Half the time, I can't contort myself into the best position to apply it.

Yes, the KT taping is done at the Expo. The line looked short but I waited about 45 minutes. The first application to any area was free; if you wanted more than one, you had to buy one of their rolls of tape ($20!) and then they would tape as many spots as you wanted (with the tape you bought). I am not sure if they used the KT Pro but it stayed on pretty good for the Friday and Saturday, through a shower ... just didn't hang on well for the race.

Honestly, for taping PF, they did a much better job then I could, only because I have a hard time keeping my foot flexed up while applying the tape. I didn't have problems taping myself for shin splints though.

I have a good friend who is a big time race director (his biggest race is 15,000 folks). He once told me the expectation is that up to 10% who register won't show up at the start.

In our personal case for W&D this year, only our DS was registered. He elected not to run because we were all going to run the Avengers the following week as part of a major family vacation.

DS was fighting to get over a nasty cold and wanted to be in good shape for the Avengers. He figured running for 2 1/2 hours in the rain was not going to help that cause.

He lives in Orlando, so doing the W&D another year is much more reasonable for him than making the expensive trip to California plus he really wanted to make sure he ran the inaugural Avengers.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have a good friend who is a big time race director (his biggest race is 15,000 folks). He once told me the expectation is that up to 10% who register won't show up at the start.

In our personal case for W&D this year, only our DS was registered. He elected not to run because we were all going to run the Avengers the following week as part of a major family vacation.

DS was fighting to get over a nasty cold and wanted to be in good shape for the Avengers. He figured running for 2 1/2 hours in the rain was not going to help that cause.

He lives in Orlando, so doing the W&D another year is much more reasonable for him than making the expensive trip to California plus he really wanted to make sure he ran the inaugural Avengers.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

10%...hmmm so much smaller than the nearly 20% of the past 2 Disney races...

I was thinking that probably a large amount of "no shows" at W&D might have been locals that didn't want to run in that weather. For them, they are only missing out on the race fee, whereas those had to travel had incurred much bigger expenses and had more to lose. Totally understandable.

With Avengers, being that it's the first race that did NOT allow someone else to pick up a packet, I wondered if that had an effect on the large number of "no shows" too. Who knows how many of the people who showed up with a bib at wine and dine were truly running under their own bib?

You're welcome; I'm glad it was useful. There are characters at the after party in World Showcase (none in Future World- Character Spot is closed). These are in pre-defined locations listed in the after party pamphlet. I don't have it with me, but other than Remy/Emile in France and Tiana/Naveen/Louis in America none were unusual. The rain made it miserable so I didn't make it past the Brazil stand myself.

BTW there were four rides set to be open: Test Track, Soarin', Gran Fiesta, and Spaceship Earth but Test Track was closed due to the rain.

Thanks for sharing this info, Nulles! I didn't even know there was an after party pamphlet. Last year, I made it to the entrance of the World Showcase and saw how long the food lines were. I was so tired and had already tried some of the food kisoks the day before that I decided to turn around. I will be prepared to meet Remy/Emile next year and at least go on one ride!

I was thinking that probably a large amount of "no shows" at W&D might have been locals that didn't want to run in that weather. For them, they are only missing out on the race fee, whereas those had to travel had incurred much bigger expenses and had more to lose.
::yes:: I'm local-ish: far enough that a hotel is needed, close enough to avoid airfare. And I went into W&D with the thought that if the temp dropped too far along with rain, I'd go straight to the party and skip the race. Or if I was miserable at any point during the race, I'd call it a day and hop a bus. It would still be a pretty big chunk of change gone, but nowhere near as much as someone traveling from far away.

With Avengers, being that it's the first race that did NOT allow someone else to pick up a packet, I wondered if that had an effect on the large number of "no shows" too.
I wonder about that, too... :scratchin

Who knows how many of the people who showed up with a bib at wine and dine were truly running under their own bib?
IDK - with the weather we had, I'm not sure it was as much of a draw as it normally would be for "illegal" bib transfers, lol! :rotfl:

This was my first runDisney event and even though the weather was horrid the trip and race were a BLAST! I'm hooked and SO glad that I signed up for Princess in February!

My time was much slower than expected but I was able to see the characters on the route that I really wanted to see other than Fantasia (who weren't out). I'm so glad that I did it and finished it! It's the first race I've ran since being diagnosed with some health issues which made it even sweeter!

Question: I've done several runs where there is an official photographer. You get an email right after the race (of course) selling photos. After a few weeks go by you get another email with DISCOUNTED photos. So ... am wondering if I wait a little will I get an email with discounted W & D photos?

Question: I've done several runs where there is an official photographer. You get an email right after the race (of course) selling photos. After a few weeks go by you get another email with DISCOUNTED photos. So ... am wondering if I wait a little will I get an email with discounted W & D photos?

I do a ton of races with marathonfoto and they always send an email within a week. This time I never got the email. I found my pictures on my own. And for a while now their discount price hasn't been a great deal. It's usually a discount on the second photo after buying the first at full price. The download all option still usually ends up being the best deal if you want more than one or two pictures.

Does anyone remember what the price of the discounted tickets was last year? We booked our resort for the 2015 half marathon and were looking to see what the tickets will cost? Thanks!! :)

For people wondering about marathonfoto...I'm still getting emails and deals from them about last January's races.

Does anyone remember what the price of the discounted tickets was last year? We booked our resort for the 2015 half marathon and were looking to see what the tickets will cost? Thanks!! :)

I actually saved the info! I THINK the prices just before any "x day hopper" mention is the NON-hopper price, but I can't be sure. I AM sure about the prices right after "hopper", though.

From this year's Wine&Dine:

rundisney ticket prices

2 day hopper 159.75

3 day hopper 206.61

4 day hopper 244.95

5 day hopper 280.10

6 day hopper 299.27

shipping or will call is 3.50
those prices had tax already figured into them.

I bought them, I got will call numbers, popped them into mydisneyexperience, and I was able to book FP+s right then. We were well inside the 60 days.

And for some reason all my disney accounts use my hotmail address while I do my rundisney stuff using gmail. I wanted to keep it with gmail so I used that. It's possible that if I used my hotmail account to order the tickets it would have linked them automatically. I don't know though.

For people wondering about marathonfoto...I'm still getting emails and deals from them about last January's races.

I actually saved the info! I THINK the prices just before any "x day hopper" mention is the NON-hopper price, but I can't be sure. I AM sure about the prices right after "hopper", though.

From this year's Wine&Dine:

rundisney ticket prices

2 day hopper 159.75

3 day hopper 206.61

4 day hopper 244.95

5 day hopper 280.10

6 day hopper 299.27

shipping or will call is 3.50
those prices had tax already figured into them.

I bought them, I got will call numbers, popped them into mydisneyexperience, and I was able to book FP+s right then. We were well inside the 60 days.

And for some reason all my disney accounts use my hotmail address while I do my rundisney stuff using gmail. I wanted to keep it with gmail so I used that. It's possible that if I used my hotmail account to order the tickets it would have linked them automatically. I don't know though.

This is perfect, thank you! I hope the discounts are similar for 2015.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter