Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

I got my W&D flights on SW this morning. It was pretty much a straight swap for the SWRR flights I had to cancel.

Since the parks are opening up with the requirement of using a face mask, what are the odds that it will still be required in November? Also if they are required, will they be required running in the wine and dine 1/2 marathon?
I would think IF the race were to happen Masks would be at least required at expo & on transport/In corals
I could also 100% see RunDisney & race specific neck buffs being a hot item

Not to freak everyone out, but just saw that Boston has gone virtual for 2020. (Weren't we talking about that here as a barometer for W&D?). I still think there are two months between the races (and different states) and wait and see, but thought it was an interesting development.

Right now my mentality is that this + my other destination race in october will be canceled (I hope that the theme will carry over for 2021 and that I'll be able to make it in + find an on property room for January's run to make up for things) while my local races set for fall have a possibility of being a go barring hurricane activities

Yeah I’m increasingly more worried about this race weekend.

I'm not signed up but I am too. Boston being cancelled is a HUGE deal.

All eyes on New York now. If NY cancels W&D is almost certainly not happening either.

EDIT: and if NY falls, PTRR likely don't done. November could be a brutal stack of race dominos.

I'm registered for the HM and was able to get RT flights from Chicago for $97. I have reservations at both Pop and Springfield Suites Flamingo Crossing. If the race is cancelled I will still make a Disney weekend out of it.

With the announcement of all Fastpasses, Dining Reservations and Tours being suspended till the end of the year I’m calling that by the end of the weekend W&D, mvmcp & mnsshp will be officially cancelled

With the announcement of all Fastpasses, Dining Reservations and Tours being suspended till the end of the year I’m calling that by the end of the weekend W&D, mvmcp & mnsshp will be officially cancelled

I thought suspending the Fastpasses and reservations was due to a new reservation system being rolled out? I would be incredibly shocked if there were any cancellations imminent. Disney’s whole approach to this situation has been “wait and see” and “one step at a time”. They’re not going to cancel anything down the road before they have a chance to see how things go with Universal’s reopening and then how their own turns out.

I thought suspending the Fastpasses and reservations was due to a new reservation system being rolled out? I would be incredibly shocked if there were any cancellations imminent. Disney’s whole approach to this situation has been “wait and see” and “one step at a time”. They’re not going to cancel anything down the road before they have a chance to see how things go with Universal’s reopening and then how their own turns out.
100% getting canceled, all ADR and FP, new ADR window is 60 days.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/05/an-update-on-walt-disney-world-resort-reservations/

Going to reach out to my TA this morning. I am sure she is crazy swamped now with the new announcement. I still try to remain hopeful about November. It does seem fair that everyone's ADRs were canceled. Not awesome to say the least - we were super pumped about what we had booked but at least everyone is starting "equally" again. I think the FastPass/park reservation stuff and Dining Reservation rules stay through 2020 (helps control crowds for sure). I am still hoping to run 13.1 miles. I am hoping by November at least Extra Magic Hours are back. There are 4 months between July and November. As we've seen often with this virus and these crazy times, A LOT can change in four months.

Hope everyone is continuing to safely train - whatever that may look like for you!

The ADR thing makes me sad but I'm not gonna dwell on it too much. We'll try again on August 31st, 2020! (already marked in my planner) Hopefully we'll get Takumi-Tei/V&A/California Grill Brunch again.

I hope the race happens even with new rules in place. My husband has already told his employees that they will require them to keep wearing masks/gaiters until the end of the year so he figures its going to be the case before/after a race. The water thing will be annoying but he's prepared to start holding something in his hand again or on a belt and will practice at home for a run since he hasn't done that in a while.

I think you missed the point of my reply. Yes, new resort, Fastpass and dining reservations are being suspended and existing are being cancelled. That’s due to the new reservation system being rolled out and not a harbinger of imminent cancellation of events like MVMCP, MNSSHP and W&D.

Yes I did miss that. I wouldn’t be surprised if MVMCP, MNSSHP and W&D get canceled too. But only time to tel on that one.

May the odds be ever in your favor to get entrance Reservations so that you can select your ADRs then

I refuse to be so negative about everything.

If I don't get the park I want, so be it. I will adjust accordingly. Do I want the same restaurants I originally booked? Yes. If I don't get them, will I survive? Yup. Disney has so many restaurants in and outside the parks that we have many places we enjoy and we can always go again later. Life is hard enough to not dread the park reservation process.

We actually booked a weekend trip in August yesterday and will get to experience the new procedures and protocols then. We hope we can get HS on that Thursday, MK on that Friday and EPCOT on that Saturday but if I have to do a different park, ok! I still get to have a mental break from my day to day life since neither my husband or I have had any time off since January Marathon Weekend.

I think you missed the point of my reply. Yes, new resort, Fastpass and dining reservations are being suspended and existing are being cancelled. That’s due to the new reservation system being rolled out and not a harbinger of imminent cancellation of events like MVMCP, MNSSHP and W&D.

Not so sure. It does say this. Would MNSSHP fall under "experience booking"?

"As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings"

Not so sure. It does say this. Would MNSSHP fall under "experience booking"?

"As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings"
I would think so since after hours are also being canceled. I haven’t seen specifics yet on people saying their Halloween party tickets are gone. I could definitely see them taking a wait and see approach there maybe canceling August dates first and trying for September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter