Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Anyone not doing the parks for Wine and Dine? Im trying to decide if we should take it easy or go full on:)

Anyone not doing the parks for Wine and Dine? Im trying to decide if we should take it easy or go full on:)
I am doing as little as my package allows (2 days).
Arrival day, Thursday, I plan on going to the Expo and listen to the speaches. Then explore a resort I never been to, probably the Port Orleans and have diner at the Saratoga Spring Club House or at Disney Spring after a boat ride.

Next day, Friday, yes, parks.

Saturday run 10k and maybe parks. I woulnd't mind going to AK lodge and chill while looking at the animals either.

Sunday run half marathon, rest, float in pool, maybe go to Trader Sam's Grotto... And then Happy Hour and Epcot after race party.

Monday, I check out. I will either go to a Water Park, go to the parks if I have not used my second day or chill at one of the resorts.

We are doing our mega park days the week leading up to the races since we are going a full week. No park tickets bought for Sat or Sun. We'll see if we decide to add on a park day on Sat after the 10k or not once we get there :) Luckily we aren't running our races for speed, so tired legs are fine.

I don't think they had a speaker series last year, I could be remembering wrong, unless you mean something else by speeches.
That would be disappointing. Thanks for the heads up!

The following is a current excerpt of the runDisney website:
Expos also showcase Speaker Series that include appearances by celebrity runners and seminars on training, racing, and nutrition featuring speakers and panelists from the world of running.

Expo Highlights

• Mandatory Packet Pick-Up, race number, and goody bag distribution
  • Official Race Merchandise
  • Latest in apparel and fitness equipment
  • Speaker Series – Guest speakers with seminars including race tips, training and nutrition

We arrive from the UK on Sunday 29th October, staying on-site. Can anyone advise of our fastpass+ booking date? I've tried four different WDW-specific calculators and they're all saying different stuff (Aug 29th, 30th and 31st)?!?

We arrive from the UK on Sunday 29th October, staying on-site. Can anyone advise of our fastpass+ booking date? I've tried four different WDW-specific calculators and they're all saying different stuff (Aug 29th, 30th and 31st)?!?

Your date for FP+ in the US is 8/30/17 at 7am eastern.
When converted to the London time zone (I just picked a place in the UK) you are actually 8/30/17 at 12pm noon.

Edit to add: that is if you are checking in on 10/29 :)

I never do much park time on race weekends. But I'm local-ish, so race weekends are completely separate from family visit/vacation time.

Are you running the Wine and Dine? :wavey: I'm coming from Ireland via San Fran to run.
There can't be too many people from outside the American continent running I expect...

For the post-race party, do they publish what attractions will be open in advance? Same with characters?

Also, I read about Remy's scavenger hunt yesterday. Does anyone know if that is available at the party?

Thanks! This is my first 1/2, first RD event, and first "special" party....I'm really looking forward to everything :)

For the post-race party, do they publish what attractions will be open in advance? Same with characters?

Also, I read about Remy's scavenger hunt yesterday. Does anyone know if that is available at the party?

Thanks! This is my first 1/2, first RD event, and first "special" party....I'm really looking forward to everything :)
At the expo we picked up the after party guide map, if you scroll back a few pages I posted what was open last year or here is the link to it https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-wine-and-dine-2017-thread.3563111/page-51#post-57961574

I don't think this was posted anywhere before hand to see.

Not sure on the Remy Hunt, I guess if the place you buy the map and redeem for the prize is open then it would be.

Are you running the Wine and Dine? :wavey: I'm coming from Ireland via San Fran to run.
There can't be too many people from outside the American continent running I expect...

We are indeed, myself the 5K and the wife the 10K, that way we can tag team with our daughter. Ridiculously excited...

Not sure on the Remy Hunt, I guess if the place you buy the map and redeem for the prize is open then it would be.

you could do hunt during party but i'd guess that place will be closed to redeem /buy it during party or whenever reg park close is as it's usually sold at festival center, pin traders and maybe in ws stores.

It's sold at the big stores at the entrance of world showcase along with the store at the IG entrance

you could do hunt during party but i'd guess that place will be closed to redeem /buy it during party or whenever reg park close is as it's usually sold at festival center, pin traders and maybe in ws stores.
I read that you can redeem for the pin at the moment of purchase. You could go in at 8PM, buy the hunt booklet and redeem the pin right away. Then scavenge hunt during the party and open your pin when done!

Did my "practise" half today at the Rock N Roll here in Dublin.
All the bling for the weekend! The medals are really lovely. Kids and I enjoyed the fun run too.

Attachments

• 20170813_155029-1612x1209.jpg
    20170813_155029-1612x1209.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I read that you can redeem for the pin at the moment of purchase. You could go in at 8PM, buy the hunt booklet and redeem the pin right away. Then scavenge hunt during the party and open your pin when done!

Yeah I heard it doesn't have to be complete or right to get a pin.

I did 9 miles today and am remembering what half training feels like. My next half is end of sept so Disney is my season victory lap :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter