Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

With regards to the pace of the 5K, what kind of pace/times are the first finishers, people at the front of the pack, running?

Also, I've not seen anywhere else but what are the participation numbers for the 5K? The RD site uses the '%' bar to indicate how full a race is but theres never any mention of the actual entry numbers.

FAST - absolutely <5:00/mile folks. Not many of them, but they're there. Last I heard, the WDW 5Ks (and 10Ks) have been capped at 10,000 participants. Years ago, they were capped at 5,000.

I'm signed up for the Challenge! This will be my first runDisney race in a while. I took a long break from Disney races after an injury a few years ago, so I'm excited for this one.

I'm meh on the medals. I do like unique medals, but I don't like the half medal because it looks way less impressive than the 5k and 10k medals! Seems like the half medal should be much more "grand." It's very simple and flat while the others have dimension and detail. I do really like the challenge medal, although I wish it said something about the challenge on the front.

Anyway - I've got my flight, resort, park ticket, dining reservations, and other than waiting for fastpasses, I'm ready to go! Now I have to actually start to train for this... :sunny:

When does everyone have their FP+ day? Mine is 9/1 and I'm hoping it all works out. Luckily we aren't doing a ton of headliners because we'll have kiddo with us, but I'd love a Navi River, Seven Dwarves, and Frozen. I think we are passing on FOP this time (all three of us hate virtual glasses and 3-D movies/rides)...will I kick myself?

Also, anyone else going to do the Remy Hide N Squeak map hunt in Epcot while you are there? I think we definitely will try it.

Last edited:
I started training on Monday, so I've got a couple training runs under my belt already. I always love having a training program to follow - it keeps me accountable and feeling healthy.

Our FP+ window is on Sept. 4th. I'm pretty go-with-the-flow about fast passes, so I'll take what I can get, and adjust accordingly. We're afternoon/evening park people, so scheduling fast passes is pretty simple for us.

I found this cute Remy hat on Etsy that I'm considering getting for the W&D after party, but trying to justify the $60+ price tag to myself hasn't gone well so far lol: https://www.etsy.com/listing/449655118/light-up-tiny-chef-mouse-ears-headband

When does everyone have their FP+ day? Mine is 9/1 and I'm hoping it all works out. Luckily we aren't doing a ton of headliners because we'll have kiddo with us, but I'd love a Navi River, Seven Dwarves, and Frozen. I think we are passing on FOP this time (all three of us hate virtual glasses and 3-D movies/rides)...will I kick myself?

Also, anyone else going to do the Remy Hide N Squeak map hunt in Epcot while you are there? I think we definitely will try it.

Just one woman's opinion: even if you HATE the glasses, you NEED to do FOP once because there's so much more to it than that. But I also don't think Navi River is worth a FP+, sooo ...

Ours is 9/2 we're locals so it's a short trip our goal is to try to get one for FOP preferably on Friday or Sunday since on Saturday we have the 10K followed by BOG lunch reservations

as for outfits I'm still trying to narrow an idea down... I don't know if I should go with an Epcot anniversary theme or a 'travel' theme considering the medal reveal or just a generic character (I was Anna and my sister was Minnie last year for the 10K)

I'm signed up for the Challenge! This will be my first runDisney race in a while. I took a long break from Disney races after an injury a few years ago, so I'm excited for this one.

I'm meh on the medals. I do like unique medals, but I don't like the half medal because it looks way less impressive than the 5k and 10k medals! Seems like the half medal should be much more "grand." It's very simple and flat while the others have dimension and detail. I do really like the challenge medal, although I wish it said something about the challenge on the front.

Anyway - I've got my flight, resort, park ticket, dining reservations, and other than waiting for fastpasses, I'm ready to go! Now I have to actually start to train for this... :sunny:
The medals are growing on me A bit more. I do agree that the 10k has more pizzazz to it than the half.

Been a while since you've been to the rD site? :)

They haven't had % bars for a couple of years now!

:headache: Ah yes, good point! Thanks for the replies guys. I'm running just over 17 mins for a 5K (on a flat course) so was going to have a blast but may just hit the character stops instead....;)

Another 9/1 FP+ day here...split stay so I'll have another one on 9/8! And ADR day for Princess on 8/27! So many early Disney planning mornings coming up; good thing I have plenty of Disney coffee mugs to make it more festive :surfweb:

We are 9/2 for FastPasses. I can't miss Halloween with my babies and they are staying home this trip. Poor kiddos! I have an alarm set on my phone for FastPass day! Since the kids will be back to school I'll be up early, but just in case the alarm is set! (With enough time to make a cup of tea beforehand!)

I'm doing a split stay too but before the race. My first FP day is 8/31 and then 9/3 for the second stay. Hoping to get a lot of stuff done the first 4 days of the trip and then slow down for the last 3 days with the races.

I'm doing a split stay too but before the race. My first FP day is 8/31 and then 9/3 for the second stay. Hoping to get a lot of stuff done the first 4 days of the trip and then slow down for the last 3 days with the races.

Anyone else doing the princess 1/2? My ADR day for that is close to my FP+ days. Looks like I'll have a few early morning that week too! 8/27 for ADRs for February.

:headache: Ah yes, good point! Thanks for the replies guys. I'm running just over 17 mins for a 5K (on a flat course) so was going to have a blast but may just hit the character stops instead....;)

Being that fast to be in the front corral and having almost non-existent character lines is a dream (that I've yet to experience.) It'll be like having a literal FastPass!!!! (sorry for being punny)

Another 9/1 FP+ day here...split stay so I'll have another one on 9/8! And ADR day for Princess on 8/27! So many early Disney planning mornings coming up; good thing I have plenty of Disney coffee mugs to make it more festive :surfweb:

Fastpass date is 9/4 but I'm doing a split stay too. Didn't even think about having two different dates because of that.

Being that fast to be in the front corral and having almost non-existent character lines is a dream (that I've yet to experience.) It'll be like having a literal FastPass!!!! (sorry for being punny)

The trade off in being A means you can't ever get a beer in Epcot because they aren't open yet. But I'll take the no lines over the beer so I'm good with it. :)

Fastpass date is 8/29 which also happens to be the morning after we return home from our Disney Alaskan cruise! So we'll be getting very little sleep that night, but totally worth it!!!

Ok, I've messed up so many times with figure out my FP+ date. Can someone possibly help me out? lol. I have a split stay, the first one is check in on 11/2, and the second one is 11/4. What would my FP+ day be?

Ok, I've messed up so many times with figure out my FP+ date. Can someone possibly help me out? lol. I have a split stay, the first one is check in on 11/2, and the second one is 11/4. What would my FP+ day be?

I check in 11/2 also and my fastpass day is 9/3. Your day for the 11/4 check in will be 9/5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter