Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

^ THIS THIS THIS!!!!! Just heard earlier from a provider we used in the past that they now need to budge the bib with HOTEL AND TICKETS -- not even just one or the other!! We are DVC AND AP!! Thanks, Disney!! I find this to be too much. 2-day park hopper required for each bib. And a hotel room I don't need. Ridiculous.
:)

Well if you are a DVC member and an AP holder, do you really need a Travel Agent booking your vacation? (Kind of a rhetorical question...but there's really no reason for travel agents to get special allotments of bibs to sell individually outside of the normal registration process.)

Well if you are a DVC member and an AP holder, do you really need a Travel Agent booking your vacation? (Kind of a rhetorical question...but there's really no reason for travel agents to get special allotments of bibs to sell individually outside of the normal registration process.)
Generally, no I don't. The only time I have ever used a TA in my life was for two rD trips. I was willing to pay for a couple of nights in a hotel to not have to deal with the insanity of this registration process. I was willing to pay that premium. But hotel and 2-day park hoppers (NON TRANSFERRABLE) for EACH registrant on top of the hotel cost??

We are a party of 5 (3 adults, 2 kids)-- no way to register for all of these at early registration:
  • Five 5Ks
  • One 10K
  • Two challenges
So each rD event I either go nuts registering us all on two separate days, a week or two apart, or opt for a TA.

Perhaps this is a rhetorical question as well, but who NEEDS a TA?? It's a choice for convenience. A choice Disney basically deprives dual DVC/AP customers of now.

Last edited:
Generally, no I don't. The only time I have ever used a TA in my life was for two rD trips. I was willing to pay for a couple of nights in a hotel to not have to deal with the insanity of this registration process. I was willing to pay that premium. But hotel and 2-day park hoppers (NON TRANSFERRABLE) for EACH registrant on top of the hotel cost??

We are a party of 5 (3 adults, 2 kids)-- no way to register for all of these at early registration:
  • Five 5Ks
  • One 10K
  • Two challenges
So each rD event I either go nuts registering us all on two separate days, a week or two apart, or opt for a TA.

Perhaps this is a rhetorical question as well, but who NEEDS a TA?? It's a choice for convenience. A choice Disney basically deprives dual DVC/AP customers of now.

Yeah - and I think Disney is deciding that now that these events sell out so easily, they don't need to bother paying travel agent commissions. (I won't be surprised if there are more cutbacks with regard to travel agents.)

I was able to sign myself and my daughter up for the half marathon. We are both AP and I am also DVC. I was able to register myself right away, but had to keep refreshing before I could register my under 18 daughter. It was on hold for about thirty minutes before I could register. What a mess!

Got signed up for the shiny new challenge today. Didn't realize it was so crazy till I was done. I think the small number of spots and inaugural races made it more competitive. Grateful to have gotten through.

I feel like an idiot because I was all set up way before noon and I kept looking at both the DVC and AP rD pages and didn't realize the links had gone live. I started to get impatient so I started clicking on links around 12:02 but after 45 minutes of refreshing, I have resigned myself to trying again on Tuesday. How can you tell when the links go live? Do they change to blue or do you just have to click on them to see if they have gone live yet?

I feel like an idiot because I was all set up way before noon and I kept looking at both the DVC and AP rD pages and didn't realize the links had gone live. I started to get impatient so I started clicking on links around 12:02 but after 45 minutes of refreshing, I have resigned myself to trying again on Tuesday. How can you tell when the links go live? Do they change to blue or do you just have to click on them to see if they have gone live yet?

They change to blue!

I wouldn't necessarily say that cheating people took up all the spots, sure there might have been some, but lots of people have APs &/or DVC, it's not just a small elite group of people. There's no way everyone who wants to get in early will, there's just not enough spots open. With new races (even changing to morning), it's still popular it looks like. We were very well prepared if we didn't get in yesterday to try next Tuesday. Sorry to those that didn't get in, I get your frustrations, Good Luck next week, may the pixie dust be ever in your favor!

2 questions:
When I go to the Active website how do you find the Disney events? I've typed in everything I can think of in the search and it is very frustrating.
Which web browser should I use to register, Safari or Google Chrome? or does it matter? I got shut out yesterday and I am now worried especially after getting shut out last year being on the computer right at 12:00
Thanks

2 questions:
When I go to the Active website how do you find the Disney events? I've typed in everything I can think of in the search and it is very frustrating.
Which web browser should I use to register, Safari or Google Chrome? or does it matter? I got shut out yesterday and I am now worried especially after getting shut out last year being on the computer right at 12:00
Thanks
I get there from the links in the rD page, not through Active. But I sign into my Active account on another tab before going to rD.

I've had success with both Safari and Firefox.

I wouldn't necessarily say that cheating people took up all the spots, sure there might have been some, but lots of people have APs &/or DVC, it's not just a small elite group of people. There's no way everyone who wants to get in early will, there's just not enough spots open. With new races (even changing to morning), it's still popular it looks like. We were very well prepared if we didn't get in yesterday to try next Tuesday. Sorry to those that didn't get in, I get your frustrations, Good Luck next week, may the pixie dust be ever in your favor!
Why you gotta be so reasonable?? :p :thumbsup2

For general registration next week, where is the link posted? Is it on the main runDisney page for the Wine & Dine?

@Nicole786 here's the pre-order merch. No pictures of anything (of course :rolleyes2) and these prices are before adding on an extra 6.5-7% in Active.com fees (sigh...).

25991403455_8a8064303c_b.jpg

Thank you!! Does anyone know if they have the pins at the expo or is it exclusive to sign up?

For general registration next week, where is the link posted? Is it on the main runDisney page for the Wine & Dine?
Yes. It may also be searchable on Active.com.
Thank you!! Does anyone know if they have the pins at the expo or is it exclusive to sign up?
I think they have limited quantities at the expo, but I can't remember if they are the same as the pre-order pins? They also normally have pins that look like the race medals.

Yes, they will have the pins at the expo but they may or may not be sold out by the time you get there as they are limited. They are the same as the preorder. Then they have the medal replica pins as well.

Got signed up for the shiny new challenge today. Didn't realize it was so crazy till I was done. I think the small number of spots and inaugural races made it more competitive...
Same here. Got in at 11:59am, out by 12:02, and only then realized the general pandemonium!

I know it's easy for me to say as someone who did get in, but honestly - I was equally prepared to get shut out. This is how high demand/low allotment things go: FAST. I genuinely do not think that "cheaters" magically were able to get so many spots, leaving AP/DVC members hung out to dry. There were simply more people wanting in than there was space for them. So how did those of us who did get registered do it? Luck. I understand disappointment, but remember - you have another chance next week. And it comes with far more available spots. My guess is that some will still be shut out, so be ready to go and do your best, but be mentally prepared for it to go quick, too.

Yep, on the W&D Registration page.

Curd...missed the early AP registration with all the date changes. Hoping I can get into the 5k next week!

Curd...missed the early AP registration with all the date changes. Hoping I can get into the 5k next week!

Just be ready when it opens .... Next week will be double digit minutes before the ominous 'hold' shows up.

But after that is anyone's guess!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter