Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

The only registration I was able to complete was my son's 100m dash. If that gets cancelled because he's not technically a "DVC Member", I'm going to lose my *&%$.
Just thought of this... if they mean "DVC Member" as strictly as the adult who signed the contract, why do they even allow the DVC early registration page and links to show any kids races?!?!? :confused: :crazy: By definition, you can't have a minor sign a DVC contract... :rolleyes1

Attachments

• DVC rD page.jpg
    DVC rD page.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 4
Really Disney? I logged on at 11:01 central and hit refresh a couple hundred times over 90minutes and never got anything other than "On Hold" and then slowly watched them turn to "Sold Out". Never got a single shot to register. What a crappy system.

Typical Disney, put just a handful of slots available for early registration and tout it as a "benefit" of AP or DVC when in reality very few people who want to can actually get it.

I'm not running W&D this year (running NYCM), but the reason it sold out so quickly is because so many people cheated and clicked the link when they were not eligible to register today, because Disney doesn't care.

Typical Disney, put just a handful of slots available for early registration and tout it as a "benefit" of AP or DVC when in reality very few people who want to can actually get it.

I think the wording says an "opportunity" to register early. Some take that to mean a guarantee that they get in, which was never the case. Just not feasible. Doesn't matter how long you've been a Disney fan, AP holder, DVC owner or stockholder. I would love it if they would check to make sure people are actually eligible to use the benefit. Member and immediate household only and no posting of the link. Betting that would open up a few spots... In any event, a LOT more spots open next week. Congrats to those who got in and good luck to those trying next week!

All I can say is that I use a different name and address for rD than my AP (long story, but all legal lol!) - if ever they actually compared the two, there'd be no match at all. Hasn't been an issue yet.

Ah good! I use a shortened version of my first name for my active account and my AP has the long (formal) version. Address and last name same. If they compared the two it would almost match, but not exact. Good to know this won't be an issue!

This was my first time registering with an AP (I got it during princess weekend). I had success with the 5K and challenge! Woo hoo!

I think the wording says an "opportunity" to register early. Some take that to mean a guarantee that they get in, which was never the case. Just not feasible. Doesn't matter how long you've been a Disney fan, AP holder, DVC owner or stockholder. I would love it if they would check to make sure people are actually eligible to use the benefit. Member and immediate household only and no posting of the link. Betting that would open up a few spots... In any event, a LOT more spots open next week. Congrats to those who got in and good luck to those trying next week!

Really well said!!

I understand the implications of lots of people going after very few slots. I'm not unhappy with the opportunity; I'm unhappy with the outcome given my preparation, which was no different from many people who were successful.

I'm unhappy with rundisney for not being proactive enough in stopping non-eligible people from signing up. I don't care that they get caught later. That helps me none. Stop them in the first place. There's no reason the DVC link has to be in public domain when DVC has its own website. I understand that the active.com side would be more difficult to implement, but it's certainly manageable in 2016 and the capabilities afforded websites and security.

Here's my criticism, this being the first time I have registered myself: The system is severely overloaded. By 11:02, my wife, sister, and myself got ours in, and then the three of us spent the next 40 minutes hitting refresh for my brother-in-law, and never got in. That's three computers in two locations and not one of use got a peak. So greater availability doesn't really seem to add much, because it's access that you need. I would much rather see more lanes open for 10 minutes than fewer for an hour. (I would be curious to know if certain parts of the country are able to get in after 5 minutes more easily than others.)

That said, this is an Active.com problem, and it is not limited to runDisney. "Quick" sell outs are happening all over the place.

Another problem is the travel partner program... The agents now have to sell rooms AND park tickets with the bibs. Using the agents is incredibly easy, and completely eliminates all this stress. BUT, DVC and AP holders are put to the back of the bus under this arrangement, so they might want to address that. (And, from what I've heard, this kind of thing is going to get worse with everything involving the parks.)

I would think it's not hard to see if people are ap, dvc etc. I would think they could follow the path of how someone got to the active page. If you login to your respetive Disney page to get the link they'll have history that you did that. Anyone that didn't they can look up, much smaller list that way.

I would think it's not hard to see if people are ap, dvc etc. I would think they could follow the path of how someone got to the active page. If you login to your respetive Disney page to get the link they'll have history that you did that. Anyone that didn't they can look up, much smaller list that way.

That's a pretty big 'if'. I doubt Active is all that concerned about it, or even maintains that capability.

BUT.... :rainbow: ...In the midst of the rending of our garments and lamentations of our women, let's not forget... There are also the charities! Yes, it takes work to raise the money, but there are great causes to join. I am thinking of doing this anyway for Dopey, even if I can get in early.

Well, I got in for the challenge. I'm excited, but also a bit down because nobody else in my family was able to get through, even though they were ready right away. :guilty: So I feel a bit guilty, because I have no idea how I managed to make it in in that small window. I know my family members have another shot next week, but my Dad, sister and I will actually be in Disney World next Tuesday ( :cool1: ), so I don't know if they'll be trying to register from phones while in the parks. And with how fast I'm sure it will go, my Mom and other sister at home probably won't have time to do multiple registrations.

I really hope they do check for the non-eligible people, and that if they do, they do so before next week so they have more slots to open up for general registration. Also, I hope they check based on whether people had APs at the time of registration. Because I do have an AP, but it expires after our trip next week. So it won't be active come November. Does anyone know if they'd notify you if your registration was cancelled, because it seems kind of low if they don't. I guess it would show up as a refund on your credit card though (because that would be an even lower low, if they cancelled you but didn't refund).

On a different note, I was surprised when I was doing my registration that I didn't even have to enter my credit card info. It had it saved, which I didn't think was the case.

I've also definitely decided that I'm done with RunDisney after this event. I mainly decided to sign up because I really wanted my do-over from last year. But I really hope this one goes smoothly and I can be fulfilled, because registration is not worth the stress. I'll just stick to local races for the time being.

5K sold out.

All I know is that they are Champion brand. If you google around I'm sure you can find some pictures from past years...they're hit or miss. I have heard people say they run small.

And yes, you can return them...you could even return and re-buy to apply your AP discount (but you wouldn't get Active.com fees back).

I've heard 5-10%. So probably no more than 700 spots for the challenge, 1,000ish for the half, etc.

runDisney.com - they will post links that will take you to Active.com. :)
Yes- the jackets are super fitted for women's. I would go up one size to have it fit, up two sizes if you like it loose. It seems like in the past a lot of the presale jackets were the race logo on the front and a pair of running shoes on the back. It seems like since Avengers on the preorder jackets actually have cute designs on them. I'll upload a pic of my Avengers one in a minute when I can find my phone

I've heard so many people upset about not being able to register around here locally with their AP. Hopefully if everyone who said they did will complain, they'll fix the system.

:offtopic: I know, but does anyone have a guess as to when the volunteer registration might open up? Star Wars volunteer registration was crazy and filled up quickly, and I don't want to miss it. The website doesn't give any info, and runDisney just says "coming months"

:thanks:

I understand the implications of lots of people going after very few slots. I'm not unhappy with the opportunity; I'm unhappy with the outcome given my preparation, which was no different from many people who were successful.

I'm unhappy with rundisney for not being proactive enough in stopping non-eligible people from signing up. I don't care that they get caught later. That helps me none. Stop them in the first place. There's no reason the DVC link has to be in public domain when DVC has its own website. I understand that the active.com side would be more difficult to implement, but it's certainly manageable in 2016 and the capabilities afforded websites and security.

As long as members keep sharing the link and registering non eligible people, that problem will continue to exist to some extent. AP/DVC is only a small number of spaces. I do think their IT (Both runDisney and Active) need some major updating. Even with that, everyone who wants to get in will not be able to do so. No different than any other major race. Unfortunately, some people will be disappointed. There is no way around that, short of letting everyone who wants to register sign up. That would be a total nightmare race.

Hi everyone!

This will be my first Run Disney event. I was able to register for the 5k today (AP), but have some questions and hoping you all can help me.

For the kids races (One Mile) it says parents can run with child, does the parent have to register also?

When will Disney release which resorts will have transportation to the Run Disney events?

[QUOTE="awb52204, post: 55405109, member: 79975"
For the kids races (One Mile) it says parents can run with child, does the parent have to register also?

When will Disney release which resorts will have transportation to the Run Disney events?[/QUOTE]

You can run with your kiddo in the young-un race ... No prob

With the expansion to a 'weekend event', speculation is that all the resorts will be 'host' resorts and have transportation.

Brian

Hi Everyone! joining the discussion! I am doing the 5K (yay early reg!!). This will be my first WDW race. I did the disneyland 5K last september and doing it again this september. All that stands between me and booking flights is the tickets being released for MNSSHP and MVMCP. Trying to hit all with a nice 10 day trip!

Another problem is the travel partner program... The agents now have to sell rooms AND park tickets with the bibs. Using the agents is incredibly easy, and completely eliminates all this stress. BUT, DVC and AP holders are put to the back of the bus under this arrangement, so they might want to address that.
^ THIS THIS THIS!!!!! Just heard earlier from a provider we used in the past that they now need to bundle the bib with HOTEL AND TICKETS -- not even just one or the other!! We are DVC AND AP!! Thanks, Disney!! I find this to be too much. 2-day park hopper required for each bib. And a hotel room I don't need. Ridiculous.

BUT.... :rainbow: ...In the midst of the rending of our garments and lamentations of our women, let's not forget... There are also the charities! Yes, it takes work to raise the money, but there are great causes to join. I am thinking of doing this anyway for Dopey, even if I can get in early.
I need to look into this more. Any chance you or someone else can point me in the right direction? I have NO IDEA how to do this through a charity but would love to explore. :)

Last edited:
I just have to say today was crazy. My husband and I were both logged in and refreshing constantly! We are both PAP holders and DVC owners. I was able to sign up my son for the 5K and my husband for the half. My Husband tried to get me and my 17 year old in for the Challenge and as he was filling out my info he got kicked out. He was logged into a few computers and was never able to do anything after refreshing for over an hour! Now here we stand, I was going to do the 5K wit my 13 year old but only he is signed up. Also me and my 17 year old son were going to do the challenge and have nothing. So frustrating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter