Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

How's everybody doing with training? Just picked up a hand-held water bottle for me at our local running store. I need to make sure I hydrate, especially on longer runs.
Training is going good for me. We hit the heat wave the last few days too but it's manageable and won't last after today luckily. I have a handheld amphipod water bottle that is a life saver. I bring it on anything where I'll be out over an hour.

Have you seen Moonstruck? To quote Cher's dad: "I DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT IT!" :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

Training...right there with you on this quote. Put myself on injured reserved for the next couple of weeks....having some Tendonitis issues in my ankle/side of foot that is making my knee unstable. Freaking out because I have a 25K (yep, 15 plus miles) in July that I have little training for. I had hoped to be close to a 10 miles by now. UGH!

Training...right there with you on this quote. Put myself on injured reserved for the next couple of weeks....having some Tendonitis issues in my ankle/side of foot that is making my knee unstable. Freaking out because I have a 25K (yep, 15 plus miles) in July that I have little training for. I had hoped to be close to a 10 miles by now. UGH!
I know how you feel -- hope all goes well!!! pixiedust:

Having achilles issues with my left leg. Probably from the 6 miles I did on the treadmill. I hadn't run on a treadmill since April and didn't think it would be an issue but that was probably it. Starting week three of no running, but can do the bike and most of my weights stuff. Added a calf exercise and a new stretch and it's getting better but my hope of keeping up my 4-6 miles is going away.

I have a 5k July 9 but I can walk it if necessary, it's just for fun. It's in and around the Mariners stadium so it's about the experience not the time. And when I start training for the half again I'll ease into my short timed runs on the treadmill. I prefer running my long runs outside anyway.

How's everybody doing with training? Just picked up a hand-held water bottle for me at our local running store. I need to make sure I hydrate, especially on longer runs.

I've had to hide inside from the heat. The temperature might be nice outside, but the humidity certainly is not. I am happy that I was able to get into the gym and have two really good workouts, one on an elliptical and one on the treadmill. I'm mad cause I love running outside and the weather makes it near impossible during the summer, but as long as I keep running I'll get over it!

I did get a 7 miler in before I hid in the gym and I could definitely feel the dehydration kicking in... water bottles are so important, but annoying to carry!

I got my sub-hour 10k last weekend, which was pretty sweet allbeit useless for POT. I am doing two 3-4 mile runs during the week , speed work one day, and a long run (5-6 miles) on the weekend. I do 2min/40sec intervals and am consistanly at a 9:30ish pace. I can go a good 4-5 miles without water if I come in hydrated and have gu on me, but I also run at 5am before the sun hits. No escaping the humidity.

I also do hot yoga a couple times per month if possible, and am going to start hitting the Y for a crosstraining class once a week. Thank God my son loves their kids club and my knee that was geting funky has resolved itself!

Last edited:
I know that this race used to be in the evening, but what kind of weather should I expect to prepare for? Thanks for all the helpful info guys!
Anything and everything! Floridian here: odds are against anything really cold, but if a front comes through as it did for the 2014 TOT 10-Miler, we could possibly see temps in the 50s. Otherwise, early Nov. is "fall" to we Floridians, but "summer" to pretty much everyone else, lol! We really won't know what to expect until were within 36ish hours of the race.

How's everybody doing with training?
I'm deep into FL summer mode, so no real training per se, just keeping a decent base and surviving the heat!

I'm new to all this and was more than a little late on this one, and obviously the registration is sold out now. Is there every a situation where a team needs a extra person or two at some point? And, if that can/does happen, is that something they'd post about on here or is there somewhere it may be listed?

Not sure about that, but have you tried Acclaim Travel? I've done a few races through them and they were terrific. They are now being required to sell packages that INCLUDE park tix AND hotel: http://patstonetravel.com/tickets/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_61

I got my Lumiere bib from Acclaim (and also the 10k for my brother). The prices were pretty reasonable. You pay a little extra for the bib itself, but the park tickets and hotel came out to about what I was seeing on Disney's site. Not sure how accurate it is, but they do say how many of each race type they have left. Some were nearly gone!

As for training... :scared:
I am in a lull where I strongly dislike running haha. I felt like I did a race every weekend in 2015, so I think my bubble burst. I started CKO over the winter since I didn't want to run as much, and now I find that I don't want to do both. I run once a week if I'm having a good week, but those are rare. I managed to struggle through 5 miles yesterday because I have a 10k next weekend and thought I better do something.

My plan right now is to make a plan towards the end of the summer :thumbsup2
I have a 10 miler in Sept and another half in October, so I should be ready by W&D. I have done so many races at this point, that I don't get anxious about training anymore. I know I can struggle through it, even if it's a PW!

Any guesses as to when the training plans might be posted on the runDisney site? Are they usually posted right before they start, or a couple weeks prior? They should be starting soon, since I believe last year it was early July. I'm anxious to see the plans, since I'm hoping they give us some kind of sneak peek into the logos/possible medal designs for the 10K and Lumiere Challenge.

On another note, I finished my first half marathon this past Saturday! So I've officially earned my 2015 Wine and Dine redemption! But sadly I can't use the race for POT for the Lumiere Challenge since due to high temperatures and humidity, they red flagged the course and stopped official timing before I finished. And because of the heat (and being undertrained, but let's not talk about that part!), my time wasn't great anyway, so I'll probably just stick with my 10K from last September. Although I am tempted to contact runDisney (or I guess Active, since that's where POTs are entered) and ask them if I could use my 10-mile split time since I got there before official timing stopped and therefore it was recorded. Not likely, but like I said, I'm not sure I'd actually do it even if they said I could since the time is not great.

Any guesses as to when the training plans might be posted on the runDisney site? Are they usually posted right before they start, or a couple weeks prior? They should be starting soon, since I believe last year it was early July. I'm anxious to see the plans, since I'm hoping they give us some kind of sneak peek into the logos/possible medal designs for the 10K and Lumiere Challenge.

I'm also anxious for training plans to be released. I checked today out of curiosity and last year's plan started on July 7th so I really hope we see plans up by the end of the month. I have two September halves so I should be pretty well trained, but will need the continued motivation to keep it going and start in with back to back runs after those races for the challenge.

I just noticed that the clocks change (fall back) the morning of the half. So there'll be an extra hour of sleep (yay) and sunrise is just over an hour into the race (6:42 am). I can't imagine it will be too hot at sunrise. I train in DC, so I'm used to humidity.

I just noticed that the clocks change (fall back) the morning of the half. So there'll be an extra hour of sleep (yay) and sunrise is just over an hour into the race (6:42 am). I can't imagine it will be too hot at sunrise. I train in DC, so I'm used to humidity.
I noticed that when I first added to my calendar, and wondered how much confusion that might cause!! :-/

Clocks changed on my first day at WDW last year and I ran into my breakfast ADB apologizing profusely for being an hour late. Woman looked at me like I was an idiot and told me I was right on time. Google was the one that eventually told me it was daylight savings! :rolleyes:

Having it happen on race morning is going to drive me nuts I think! :faint:

I can't remember reading it anywhere. I want to find a cute tshirt for the half. I may or may not make a skirt, I've found capris with pockets which is part of why I wanted a skirt, so if I find a shirt I like it'll be easier. I want something moisture wicking and I do want a tshirt not a tank. I want something I can wear at the gym after, which is why the one place I've found won't work. It's costume's and more than I want to spend since I would only wear it once.

Any suggestions? I've only looked on etsy so far and don't want a run disney shirt since I would rather buy something with the half for after.

Thanks!

This is my first Disney race. Although it's Remy/Food and Wine themed, do a lot of people wear typical Disney character costumes as well? Lol I'm feeling uninspired in the Food department, but am being drawn to a few regular Disney character costumes. Don't wanna feel like a fish out of water:)

This is my first Disney race. Although it's Remy/Food and Wine themed, do a lot of people wear typical Disney character costumes as well? Lol I'm feeling uninspired in the Food department, but am being drawn to a few regular Disney character costumes. Don't wanna feel like a fish out of water:)

I feel like a majority will be themed to the race specifically, but it's always fun to see other characters! Run in whatever makes you happy :)

Yeah, wear whatever you want. At Star Wars races people wear non Star Wars stuff too. My Half outfit is not going to be food or Remy or Lumiere themed at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter