Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

Nope, I check several times a day...we are 19 days away and still no assignment.

MJ

Wow, that’s not good. I expect that with *GT bookings, but not GTY bookings!

Yea! Just got my assignment!

Last edited:
#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 8b
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8b, 9158
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? No idea yet, first time to cruise with Disney!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? AM
9. What month is your cruise? November

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C GTY
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11B room 6319
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? The location is really good and we did get deck 6, so the room should be pretty quiet. The reviews for this room are really positive. I am really happy with the room (especially deck 6), but would love a split bathroom.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Only booked 1 room.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 8 and 10am
9. What month is your cruise? October / Mexican Riviera

We were really surprised that it took so long for the room to get assigned since we booked and paid in full at 68 days. Our travel agent thought that it was because the cruise is not very full. After reading all of the GTY, IGT, OGT, and VGT forums I was cautiously optimistic that they would assign us on the same day that they assign the xGT rooms, and they did. We are still going to try for a port upgrade, but it will have to be a really great deal for me to give up such a quiet room. I will update when we get back...

So... we tried to upgrade at port from 11C GTY....
To go to 10B was $450, 7B was $1400, we didn’t ask any higher. We just stuck with our super private 11B room. It was really nice, no hall traffic or noise, we had a lot of other couples around us, which was great.

Last edited:
Finally my turn

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E, 7688
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 40
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? No. A huge corner room
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 3:00pm

Wow, that’s not good. I expect that with *GT bookings, but not GTY bookings!

Yea! Just got my assignment!

I am actually a OGT booking so I am not surprised. Many in our cruise group who had GTY did get assigned today though. Glad you got yours!!!

MJ

I am actually a OGT booking so I am not surprised. Many in our cruise group who had GTY did get assigned today though. Glad you got yours!!!

MJ

That explains that. Every time I’ve had a *GT it usually shows up between 8-10 days prior. Good luck.

MJ
I'm waiting for our VGT assignment on the same cruise. This is our first time sailing *GT.

I'm waiting for our VGT assignment on the same cruise. This is our first time sailing *GT.

I have sailed VGT several times. A few times we received the solid wall verandahs aft on Deck 5 and 6 and sometimes midship...hit or miss. We really don't mind the solid wall verandahs but I know some really hate them.

MJ

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C, 2000 & 2002
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 48-47
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes for the most part-did request mid and got forward.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting! ETA-apparently they are adjoining, not connecting, but still good.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday or Tuesday, discovered it Tuesday morning.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? No idea
9. What month is your cruise? December

Last edited:
#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C, 2000 & 2002
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 48-47
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes for the most part-did request mid and got forward.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting!
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday or Tuesday, discovered it Tuesday morning.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? No idea
9. What month is your cruise? December
Those cabins aren't connecting FYI. They are next to each other (adjoining). :) I think it's nice that Disney obviously tries to assign cabins close like this when they can!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book?6A
#2. What category and room # did you get?5B
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 2 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Cabin was fine
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6 What ship are you sailing?Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned.Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? between 3pm-4:30pm
9. What month is your cruise? October we booked the cruise 4 days before

Those cabins aren't connecting FYI. They are next to each other (adjoining). :) I think it's nice that Disney obviously tries to assign cabins close like this when they can!
Well, darn! Thanks for letting me know. It’s still better than my dream where they were on an entirely different deck and other end of the ship!

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C (TAAP rate)
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C, 2108
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? VERY happy with the location!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime in the morning

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 10C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 10B, 2105
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 16
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's classified as "Mid" but it's near the Aft elevators. Looks pretty good to me.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? PM

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 10C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 10B, 2105
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 16
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's classified as "Mid" but it's near the Aft elevators. Looks pretty good to me.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? PM

Are you on the 11/15 from San Juan? We haven’t gotten our assignment yet 😡. Do you mind telling me if you booked a regular GTY or did you book IGT? Thanks. I’m starting to think we won’t know until we get to the port!!

Are you on the 11/15 from San Juan? We haven’t gotten our assignment yet 😡. Do you mind telling me if you booked a regular GTY or did you book IGT? Thanks. I’m starting to think we won’t know until we get to the port!!

And you may not. With any type of guarantee reservation (GTY or *GT) they can assign as late as when you are at the port.

And you may not. With any type of guarantee reservation (GTY or *GT) they can assign as late as when you are at the port.
Thanks. I know that to be the policy but was wondering if my cruise had got their assignments yet. I asked the poster above as it seems they are probably on my cruise as we leave in 16 days on the Magic. I was just curious as to whether they assign GTY or *GT first. I just got our luggage tags and see a big fat nothing in the room number. Sure hope I get the cabin assignment before then so I can put it on my tags at the port!!

Thanks. I know that to be the policy but was wondering if my cruise had got their assignments yet. I asked the poster above as it seems they are probably on my cruise as we leave in 16 days on the Magic. I was just curious as to whether they assign GTY or *GT first. I just got our luggage tags and see a big fat nothing in the room number. Sure hope I get the cabin assignment before then so I can put it on my tags at the port!!

everytime I’ve done vgt/ogt I’ve always gotten my assignment at 12 days or less. Always seems to be in the afternoon and always on a Tuesday or Thursday. Maybe that will give you hope. I have been doing GTY or OGT the last few cruises and the wait drives me batty. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter