Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 8c
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8c, 7010
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51 Days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? it's what we booked so we're good with it, we have never stayed this far forward, if we had a choice would have picked aft instead of forward
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Disney Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 1pm
9. What month is your cruise? November

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 8A GTY
2. What category and room # did you get? 8AGTY
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? ?I was hoping for an upgrade, but am happy to save $
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Late Afternoon I think
9. What month is your cruise? December

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 6192
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I never thought we'd actually get a 5E!!! I'm beyond excited!!! A little nervous about the flagpole, but I think the huge verandah will make up for it!!!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between noon and 6pm

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 9020
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 20 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are thrilled!
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 2pm and 10pm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DISBoards

I woke up this morning, checked the online reservation and surprise! our stateroom appeared.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 06B
2. What category and room # did you get? 04B - 8630
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's my first cruise, so i don't know squat about the stateroom. but i'm not too sure about the "connecting room".
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? i don't know, probably before 9am.

I woke up this morning, checked the online reservation and surprise! our stateroom appeared.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 06B
2. What category and room # did you get? 04B - 8630
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's my first cruise, so i don't know squat about the stateroom. but i'm not too sure about the "connecting room".
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? i don't know, probably before 9am.

Wow! This is wonderful... let's hope I get some of that pixiedust: as my 51 day mark for my December Fantasy cruise is tomorrow! :cool1:

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11A
2. What category and room # did you get? 11A 8515
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? feels like leftover to me, but on a 3-night, I guess we don't spend much time in the cabin anyway
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
2. What category and room # did you get? 5A (10512)
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 50 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy with the upgrade. However, reviews of this location seem to be that it's loud EVERY morning due to being right under the gym. :sad1:
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Before noon

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 6B
2. What category and room # did you get? 4E
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy with upgrade, not sure about connecting veranda.
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 10pm on Tuesday night and noon on Wednesday.

We just booked two rooms (11c) on the Fantasy 11/22 sailing a week ago with the MTO rate. This is our second cruise and we are super excited! So under our room assignment it says GTY and I'm really hoping to get an upgrade/anxious to see our room assignments. I haven't linked our rooms but would that possibly help us to get an upgrade? Or is it better to just not request them be close... and hope maybe one room is lucky?

We just booked two rooms (11c) on the Fantasy 11/22 sailing a week ago with the MTO rate. This is our second cruise and we are super excited! So under our room assignment it says GTY and I'm really hoping to get an upgrade/anxious to see our room assignments. I haven't linked our rooms but would that possibly help us to get an upgrade? Or is it better to just not request them be close... and hope maybe one room is lucky?

No way to know for sure, but I would say both have a better chance of being lucky if they are not linked. As it would be "all or nothing". But then again, you never know. Good luck to you...and WELCOME!!! :hippie:

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book?
VGT

#2. What category and room # did you get?
5A, 5146

#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?

Seems ok, no reports for this room. Reports for rooms on either side are OK - only drawback I see if that it is a solid verandah wall. I kinda like that its on the same floor as kids clubs and theatre.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
N/A

#6 What ship are you sailing?
Wonder

#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned.
Wednesday

8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?
don't know - I got an email in the late afternoon saying "Your cruise is almost here!" and when i checked reservations, room was assigned.

9. What month is your cruise?
November

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 4B

#2. What category and room # did you get? 4B 8100

#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, can't really go wrong with a 4B. We were waitlisted to get the same cabin as our 2nd week (doing back to back) but didn't happen. We are still very midship which was important for me.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy

#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday

8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 1pm I think. (It was 7am Thursday here in NZ)

9. What month is your cruise? January

This has me so excited as I'm sailing GTY in January and can't WAIT to get my room assignment - this makes me realize it could be coming SOON!!!!!

Yeah! I'm in February, so I'll probably have a little longer to wait. But seeing that some January cabins (early January...as they said 52 days and I leave for Marathon Weekend in 56 days) are being assigned brings it closer! :thumbsup2

Yeah! I'm in February, so I'll probably have a little longer to wait. But seeing that some January cabins (early January...as they said 52 days and I leave for Marathon Weekend in 56 days) are being assigned brings it closer! :thumbsup2

Are You doing the Castaway Cay leg of Marathon weekend? What is that cruise date? I have a friend doing the Dopey Challenge and am tryin to talk her into the cruise too. it's the Dream, right?!

Are You doing the Castaway Cay leg of Marathon weekend? What is that cruise date? I have a friend doing the Dopey Challenge and am tryin to talk her into the cruise too. it's the Dream, right?!

No, I am a teacher, so my time away is limited. I'm cruising in February over Presidents' Week on the Fantasy.

I think the official race slots are sold out...I could be wrong though. A cruise after the weekend - especially doing the Grumpy (Sorry...Dopey, but trust me, after getting up Disney-early four days in a row, they are all GRUMPY!) - would be great though. (But yes, it's on the Dream - I think the one that leaves on Marathon Sunday...so that in and of itself would make it a challenge for me for sure since I usually don't finish the full until sometime after noon. That has to be taken into consideration as well. I suspect there will be a lot of boarding pics of sore, sweaty people who rushed to get there after finishing the full.)

No, I am a teacher, so my time away is limited. I'm cruising in February over Presidents' Week on the Fantasy.

I think the official race slots are sold out...I could be wrong though. A cruise after the weekend - especially doing the Grumpy (Sorry...Dopey, but trust me, after getting up Disney-early four days in a row, they are all GRUMPY!) - would be great though. (But yes, it's on the Dream - I think the one that leaves on Marathon Sunday...so that in and of itself would make it a challenge for me for sure since I usually don't finish the full until sometime after noon. That has to be taken into consideration as well. I suspect there will be a lot of boarding pics of sore, sweaty people who rushed to get there after finishing the full.)

Very helpful. I can't believe it leaves the same day! That is crazy!

Very helpful. I can't believe it leaves the same day! That is crazy!

Just looked at the schedule and she's started her weird Monday and Friday schedule by that point, so it's the day after. Slightly better... I'd almost pay money to watch Muster Drill on that one with people trying to navigate stairs. :) Those are never fun after a marathon! :rotfl2:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter