Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are going to come down May 4th and May 25 and 26 and May 31.

Starting to really look forward to it!

2011 star wars weekends pictures

2012 star wars weekends pictures

LOVE the pics! Thank you! My son was sitting with me (he's 4) asking all sorts of questions about your kids! hahaha :confused3

I have a question because I really paid no attention to it before pretty much because I just had no clue. We are going the Thursday before the 1st SWW and I will sign him up for JTA that day figuring he will have a better chance that day to do it. But what is the Padawan Mind Challenge? I had seen it on here but like I said I didn't pay any attention but now I see it involves the kiddos etc, my son would be interested (or so he informs me while we look at your pics!). I went back a few pages but don't see anything. Do you have to sign them up like the JTA? I will keep looking for info here but I have to spend the weekend putting out my resume...I HATE my current job :faint: I know, DIS boards are way more fun!

yulilin3 said:
Information for anyone attending the May the Fourth celebration next Saturday at DHS.
characters will be out (it says in the times guide thru out the park) from 9am to 7:30pm
DJ Lobot's Dance Party at the Hat from 6pm to 7pm then from 7:45pm to park closing
Symphony in the Stars fireworks over the Hat at 9:45pm
JTA sign ups at ABC Sound Studio (old Sounds Dangerous)
9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 12:00pm, 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm, 2:30pm, 3:00pm, 3:30pm, 4:00pm, 4:30pm, 5:00pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:00pm and 7:30pm

Thanks for that info! I will be there.

pequele said:
LOVE the pics! Thank you! My son was sitting with me (he's 4) asking all sorts of questions about your kids! hahaha :confused3

I have a question because I really paid no attention to it before pretty much because I just had no clue. We are going the Thursday before the 1st SWW and I will sign him up for JTA that day figuring he will have a better chance that day to do it. But what is the Padawan Mind Challenge? I had seen it on here but like I said I didn't pay any attention but now I see it involves the kiddos etc, my son would be interested (or so he informs me while we look at your pics!). I went back a few pages but don't see anything. Do you have to sign them up like the JTA? I will keep looking for info here but I have to spend the weekend putting out my resume...I HATE my current job :faint: I know, DIS boards are way more fun!

You sign the kids up for Padawan Mind Challenge at ABC Sound Studio ( old sounds dangerous) they do 2 shows during the day, it's like a trivia game, they ask the kids questions about star wars, the kids that get the questions wrong go to the back and wait... at the end they bring all the kids back and ask a final, really easy question and all the kids win. In the past they hangs given sw action figures. They do this show at the Hat Stage, you can look for videos about it on YouTube.

PrincessKida said:
Thanks for that info! I will be there.

No problem, I'll be there early but have to go to AK because I'm running the expedition Everest challenge so I'll miss the fireworks. :(

Information for anyone attending the May the Fourth celebration next Saturday at DHS.
characters will be out (it says in the times guide thru out the park) from 9am to 7:30pm
DJ Lobot's Dance Party at the Hat from 6pm to 7pm then from 7:45pm to park closing
Symphony in the Stars fireworks over the Hat at 9:45pm
JTA sign ups at ABC Sound Studio (old Sounds Dangerous)
9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 12:00pm, 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm, 2:30pm, 3:00pm, 3:30pm, 4:00pm, 4:30pm, 5:00pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:00pm and 7:30pm

Thanks for posting. Looks like we won't get there til after dh gets off work. We'll get to watch some JTA, dance party and fireworks.

sorry we will miss you! The kids are still in school the first weekend and we are leaving from MCO to HNL on June 1. So I figured I could come downt he weekend before and get in some star wars weekends before we left to Hawaii! Stand in the lines for a while to get me really ready for Aulani!

The reason is we had thought about flying through california and going to disneyland for a few days, but we have florida passes and thought we'd just go through florida instead. Plus my daughter started daisy scouts are they are going to be doing some girl scout stuff at wdw at the same time. So it is going to be a multi-event trip!

You were both so helpful to my son and I during our first SWW two years ago! We are going to miss seeing you all again this year. Happy to hear that in the end you will e able to get down for the event and do Hawaii on top of it!! Great news!! I hope you all have an awesome trip!!

Rick

You sign the kids up for Padawan Mind Challenge at ABC Sound Studio ( old sounds dangerous) they do 2 shows during the day, it's like a trivia game, they ask the kids questions about star wars, the kids that get the questions wrong go to the back and wait... at the end they bring all the kids back and ask a final, really easy question and all the kids win. In the past they hangs given sw action figures. They do this show at the Hat Stage, you can look for videos about it on YouTube.

one thing to add- it used to be that the children didn't have to be there with you to sign up for padawan min challenge - they could be with one parent signing up for jedi training and the other parent go without them to sign up for PMC. But last year they started requiring that the children are all there to sign up for PMC. So they will probably do that this year. The line is much shorter than jta.
These kinds of pictures at the hat stage are padawan mind challenge-
487825_10102404974254134_1573177686_n.jpg

531453_10102404975272094_16349766_n.jpg

I'm glad you shared those, but it takes you into your Facebook account.

thanks - for some reason I used facebook one year and google one year, I don't know why I did them differently, probably whatever occured to me at the time.

You were both so helpful to my son and I during our first SWW two years ago! We are going to miss seeing you all again this year. Happy to hear that in the end you will e able to get down for the event and do Hawaii on top of it!! Great news!! I hope you all have an awesome trip!!

Rick

I'm hoping it will be LESS HOT this year!! What are the chances? I hope y'all gave a blast which weekend are you going?

I'm hoping it will be LESS HOT this year!! What are the chances? I hope y'all gave a blast which weekend are you going?

Yes, it was brutal last year!! We will be going the first weekend this year. I am hoping that three weeks earlier will equate to some lower temps.

Same ages as JTA 94 to 12) last year's sign up was next to Sounds Dangerous, there are 2 shows during the day

one thing to add- it used to be that the children didn't have to be there with you to sign up for padawan min challenge - they could be with one parent signing up for jedi training and the other parent go without them to sign up for PMC. But last year they started requiring that the children are all there to sign up for PMC. So they will probably do that this year. The line is much shorter than jta.
These kinds of pictures at the hat stage are padawan mind challenge-
487825_10102404974254134_1573177686_n.jpg

531453_10102404975272094_16349766_n.jpg

thank you both for that info. We will be trying JTA the day before SWW starts so I hope that will happen so we don't have to deal with it for SWW. This way we can maybe try the PMC during SWW! Yah Thanks again!

While not directly related, Luke and Leia stopped by Star Tours today to make sure everything was working properly for Saturday. Thought I'd share these pictures with you guys.

8686958855_3a5ec35055.jpg

8686958783_41c61de4f8.jpg

8686958305_41f3652d95.jpg

On a personal note, this is just proof after countless weekend trips that pixie dust does exist. This was one of the last times my boyfriend and I (after going literally every weekend for 33 weeks)will make it to Disney before we go back home to New Jersey for the summer (will be back in August). My last day in the parks is Saturday which I'm so excited about but my boyfriend can't make that. We both just love Star Wars so this was like a complete shock to us and we were so excited. These 2 were so much fun.

While not directly related, Luke and Leia stopped by Star Tours today to make sure everything was working properly for Saturday. Thought I'd share these pictures with you guys.

8686958855_3a5ec35055.jpg

8686958783_41c61de4f8.jpg

8686958305_41f3652d95.jpg

On a personal note, this is just proof after countless weekend trips that pixie dust does exist. This was one of the last times my boyfriend and I (after going literally every weekend for 33 weeks)will make it to Disney before we go back home to New Jersey for the summer (will be back in August). My last day in the parks is Saturday which I'm so excited about but my boyfriend can't make that. We both just love Star Wars so this was like a complete shock to us and we were so excited. These 2 were so much fun.

Great pictures, I was there yesterday as well, they are a great Luke and Leia, very talkative. Great that your last day will be full of Star Wars goodness.

WOW!!! That is one yummy....I mean, AUTHENTIC looking...Luke!!! Hope he's there on weekend #2!! Busy working on the kids' autograph books right now!

WOW!!! That is one yummy....I mean, AUTHENTIC looking...Luke!!! Hope he's there on weekend #2!! Busy working on the kids' autograph books right now!

haha, He was wonderful. Not that Disney doesn't hire wonderful people for their characters- they do. But he WAS Luke Skywalker. My boyfriend walked away from this and said to me they were the best "friends" we'd ever met. I just think he was so shocked how well done the 2 of them were. Leia was wonderful too. They were SUPER popular while we were there. We waited a bit to find them since the line was capped so we were the 3rd family in line when they did come out. The line was capped about 5 mins in. I don't know if it was a shortened set but man did people/parents/kids/teens run over when they saw them. Hope Disney considers having a SW character or 2(or 3 or 4 or all of them :D ) out all of the time. People love Star Wars.

Anyway, I'd imagine if you check back throughout weekend 2 he should be on at least once although they are all great. I met Luke back at SWW in 2011 and he was great.

919054668.jpg

Will the 24 hr party on 5/24 have any effect on the crowds at DHS that day? This will be our first time going to SWW and I had planned to go to DHS on 5/25, but would it be smarter to switch to 5/24?

allboyhouse said:
Will the 24 hr party on 5/24 have any effect on the crowds at DHS that day? This will be our first time going to SWW and I had planned to go to DHS on 5/25, but would it be smarter to switch to 5/24?

Hard to say. normally Friday is the least crowded, and the mk event might pull some people away from dhs that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter