***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Agreed. This has been proven in the past, especially when tsm went from fp to standby only. The standby line just flows quicker.
Well yeah, if you cut in half the number of people per hour standby can support of course the lines will be longer. Conversely you could double the number of Fastpass riders by eliminating the standby queue. The goal is to find the right balance between FP and standby.

Last edited:
Well yeah, if you cut in half the number of people per hour standby can support of course the lines will be longer.

Actually I think it's more than half. It varies but something like 4 out of 5 to 3 out of 4 riders come from the fastpass line.

I still think Disney should make an attraction like

Well yeah, if you cut in half the number of people per hour standby can support of course the lines will be longer. Conversely you could double the number of Fastpass riders by eliminating the standby queue. The goal is to find the right balance between FP and standby.
and that's the issue. Currently fp makes 90% and standby 10% of the hourly guests

Some rides aren’t built with FP in mind either. The older pre-FP attractions like Peter Pan would be more efficient without FP. Disneyland doesn’t have FP on their Pan.

Some rides aren’t built with FP in mind either. The older pre-FP attractions like Peter Pan would be more efficient without FP. Disneyland doesn’t have FP on their Pan.
We just got back from japan and Pan only had about a maximum of a 35 minute wait with no FPS. The lines with FPS are so much nicer waiting standby because the line constantly moves. I still prefer fp+ over paper fp though

and that's the issue. Currently fp makes 90% and standby 10% of the hourly guests

It is only an issue though if the efficiency of the standby queue is what matters. I think the priority should probably be placed on whatever it takes to serve the most number of guests overall and something FP with tiering does very well is put each guests' ability to attend above the ability for some guests to attend multiple times. I think the realization in California was that there are so many AP holders, and a lot of them are students on summer break, that at least for the first month FP with tiering wouldn't have made the difference it would be supposed to make. Florida, and September, are different.

It is only an issue though if the efficiency of the standby queue is what matters. I think the priority should probably be placed on whatever it takes to serve the most number of guests overall and something FP with tiering does very well is put each guests' ability to attend above the ability for some guests to attend multiple times. I think the realization in California was that there are so many AP holders that at least for the first month FP with tiering wouldn't have made the difference it would be supposed to make. Florida is different.
I think Disney deciding not to have fp for SWGE, at least for the time being, was a good move. They are allowing everyone to be on a level playing field. Here in WDW on site guests can book fp 60 days out, it is very difficult to get 30 days out fp for all of the very popular attractions. FP is great for those who can get it, this way everyone has the same chance of enjoying the attraction.

So you really think there is a loss in capacity because of FP? I would say by the word “efficient” seems to imply there is that loss. I will say that I’ve seen all cars filled on Pan when riding it. I just not sure what you mean by efficient, perhaps you mean easier for CMs...

Also no matter with FP or without it’s the same number of riders that can ride so the wait time posted on the standby line will be the same (assuming same number ride the ride without FP). All FP did was spread crowds out through the parks. Unless you really think FP causes a loss of capacity which I don’t really think is the case.

Also comparing anything to DL’s version is very different (the two parks are functionally different) plus that ride can get crazy ridiculous lines without FP out there same as MK.
I think Disney deciding not to have fp for SWGE, at least for the time being, was a good move. They are allowing everyone to be on a level playing field. Here in WDW on site guests can book fp 60 days out, it is very difficult to get 30 days out fp for all of the very popular attractions. FP is great for those who can get it, this way everyone has the same chance of enjoying the attraction.
I personally think the only reason no FP was offered was access of land issues when reaching capacity. So far with their handling of DLR version controlling capacity then going to the “boarding” pass seems to suggest this to be true. No need to worry about those with a FP from getting into the land. Thus giving a perception of fairness (just day of advantages offered)

Also not sure it really is leveling the playing field too much; it is still favoring those staying onsite in the beginning because of the extra extra magic hours which will fill the land to capacity and if they do the virtual entrance once at capacity I assume those that came during the extra extreme magic hours will have a slight advantage to grab. I

So you really think there is a loss in capacity because of FP? I would say by the word “efficient” seems to imply there is that loss. I will say that I’ve seen all cars filled on Pan when riding it. I just not sure what you mean by efficient, perhaps you mean easier for CMs...

Also no matter with FP or without it’s the same number of riders that can ride so the wait time posted on the standby line will be the same (assuming same number ride the ride without FP). All FP did was spread crowds out through the parks. Unless you really think FP causes a loss of capacity which I don’t really think is the case.

Also comparing anything to DL’s version is very different (the two parks are functionally different) plus that ride can get crazy ridiculous lines without FP out there same as MK.
Not necessarily a loss in capacity but I think there is a loss of efficiency with keeping lines moving. No FP is also easier for CMs.

I definitely agree that the two parks are very different but at the same time I think WDW over uses FP in some cases.

Agreed, look at Universal too they rarely offer Express when a new ride opens.

Also not sure it really is leveling the playing field too much; it is still favoring those staying onsite in the beginning because of the extra extra magic hours which will fill the land to capacity and if they do the virtual entrance once at capacity I assume those that came during the extra extreme magic hours will have a slight advantage to grab. I
It also favors people for whom standing in queue for long period of time is a lesser burden. If this is your one-and-only visit, spending 6 hours to visit one attraction is a much higher burden than it would be if you're visiting three or four times a week, all summer long.

Not necessarily a loss in capacity but I think there is a loss of efficiency with keeping lines moving. No FP is also easier for CMs.

I definitely agree that the two parks are very different but at the same time I think WDW over uses FP in some cases.
Like how they give them out for any and all issues? Lol

I think the capacity of the ride will always be the limiting factor. I just don’t see the loss in efficiency.
Like how they give them out for any and all issues? Lol
They used to do exit passes before FP so it existed perhaps less but it did exist for issues.
It also favors people for whom standing in queue for long period of time is a lesser burden. If this is your one-and-only visit, spending 6 hours to visit one attraction is a much higher burden than it would be if you're visiting three or four times a week, all summer long.
Yeah it really is just a reversal of favoritism there will always be an upset group so I agree. Those that visit more often are less impacted.

Anyone know if they can re-send the Galaxy's Edge confirmation email linked to a Disneyland Hotel reservation? Having trouble finding mine now... ... :oops:

ETA: In case anyone else had the same question, no worries if you don't have the email. You get the QR code at checkin. Though I figured there had to be SOME way to deal with this, quite a relief to hear it.

Last edited:

I personally think the only reason no FP was offered was access of land issues when reaching capacity. So far with their handling of DLR version controlling capacity then going to the “boarding” pass seems to suggest this to be true. No need to worry about those with a FP from getting into the land. Thus giving a perception of fairness (just day of advantages offered)

They did fine with Pandora, the land would reach capacity and only people with fp to FoP or NRJ were allowed in, quick scan of MB and that was it. Once EEMH start I do agree that they are giving the advantage to on site, but for the first 3 days it will be level for everyone. We don't know yet how the VQ will work so can't comment on that

They did fine with Pandora, the land would reach capacity and only people with fp to FoP or NRJ were allowed in, quick scan of MB and that was it. Once EEMH start I do agree that they are giving the advantage to on site, but for the first 3 days it will be level for everyone. We don't know yet how the VQ will work so can't comment on that
Yeah first 3 days it will be level for everyone that can take a trip in that three day window. As for the VQ the DLR version has pretty much been stated already so I'm guessing if that goes well WDW will adopt a similar approach (hoping they do because HS will be clogged IMO without it). The FP does require them to not allow the land to reach capacity plus with the Cantina, Droid, and Savi's it is more likely people will hang in SW:GE post ride (more than Pandora) which is why I see the lack of FP more important for the control of land than anything else.

Anyone know if they can re-send the Galaxy's Edge confirmation email linked to a Disneyland Hotel reservation? Having trouble finding mine now... ... :oops:

ETA: In case anyone else had the same question, no worries if you don't have the email. You get the QR code at checkin. Though I figured there had to be SOME way to deal with this, quite a relief to hear it.
Yep you get the information again at check in. They’ve done really well with the reservation system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter