**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Does anyone know if either the tour or the dessert party offers a discount for AP or Disney Visa holders? I booked the dessert party online and didn't think about it until after booking. Also, does anyone know what the souvenir is for the tour? I'm really trying to justify switching from the party to the tour as a surprise for my wife and boys (all Star Wars fanatics) but it's a lot of money for the 4 of us and I'm not quite there yet. Thanks!

Does anyone know if either the tour or the dessert party offers a discount for AP or Disney Visa holders? I booked the dessert party online and didn't think about it until after booking. Also, does anyone know what the souvenir is for the tour? I'm really trying to justify switching from the party to the tour as a surprise for my wife and boys (all Star Wars fanatics) but it's a lot of money for the 4 of us and I'm not quite there yet. Thanks!

It is a plastic Chewbacca glass. Sounds cool but realistically, how often will I drink out of Chewie's head? :)

One other question about the tour, has anyone here posted a review for it? I didn't see any review links in the OP specifically for the tour and I've been reading through the pages of threads since it started, but there's a LOT of them and I may have missed something. I did find @yulilin3 breakdown on the pricing, so now I'm leaning toward doing the tour, since the upcharge basically amounts to $30-$40. Thanks again for all of the help!

Chewbacca stein

ry%3D400

The most recent one is here
We did the Star Wars Guided Tour on 4/2. Our group consisted of 2 big star wars fans (the dad's), 4 boys ages 7-13 and two indifferent mom's.

Overall, we didn't think it was worth it but some of our thoughts were:
  • The ear buds they gave us were not quite the right shape or size or something. I would recommend bringing your own set
  • It is great to be able to skip the lines but really the only lines we skipped were for Star Tours and the characters.
  • We loved not having to do the early morning Rush for JTA
  • The talking parts of the tour were boring for our kids. If not for the JTA sigh ups, I wouldn't recommend the tour for kids at all.
  • There is alot of standing/walking/back tracking on the tour. The tour is just kind of unorganized. I don't know if it is normal or not but our group went to the Launch Bay 3 seperate times. It seems like you could reorganize things and cut an hour or even two off of the tour. Chairs somewhere along the way would have been much appreciated.
  • We thought dinner was too close to the dessert party.
  • But the dessert party was great. The staff was all really nice and the bartender had a heavy pour :). The reserved seating for the fireworks was perfect.
Would I recommend the tour? Probably not unless it was a mega fan and even then I would have some reservations. You lose so much park time doing the tour, I would only recommend it to someone who has multiple HS days planned.

We would do the dessert party again for a special occasion.

One other question about the tour, has anyone here posted a review for it? I didn't see any review links in the OP specifically for the tour and I've been reading through the pages of threads since it started, but there's a LOT of them and I may have missed something. I did find @yulilin3 breakdown on the pricing, so now I'm leaning toward doing the tour, since the upcharge basically amounts to $30-$40. Thanks again for all of the help!

I think in this thread there are about 3 more but can't find them right now
Here are some from other sites
http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/02/04/sat6_starwarsguidedtour/
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/articles/2017/02/01/star-wars-guided-tour-recap-review/
https://geekdad.com/2017/02/star-wars-tour-hollywood-studios/
I know that @The Sunrise Student did it and she posted about her experience, said that she will skip it next time as it was her and her husband and they had already done pretty much everything on the tour and only learned a couple of new facts during it.

That's just creepy. My wife and I will probably give our away to a few kids in the park when we are there in May.
Sounds like a lovely idea! I imagine you will make a couple of little kids very happy. I think I shall copy your idea and do the same in July.

I am more excited than my kids for our July trip and BB8! :goodvibes
It wont be quite as nerdy as when I met Chewy, but close. :banana:

I don't know about the tour, but no discount on the dessert party.

Is BB-8 replacing Chewie or Kylo Ren or an additional one? Curious on this because more to see at DHS is great.

Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I checked in on this site.

We're planning a trip for fall and want to include the dessert party.

Hopefully it won't be replaced again during our dates by something like it was last year with the jingle bell jingle bam party.

Question for all you regulars. Do the Jawas in launch bay still trade for shiny little trinket items? Or has that completely gone away now. I remember last fall it was that some did and some didn't, but it wasn't a regular event. Any news on that front?

Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I checked in on this site.

We're planning a trip for fall and want to include the dessert party.

Hopefully it won't be replaced again during our dates by something like it was last year with the jingle bell jingle bam party.

Question for all you regulars. Do the Jawas in launch bay still trade for shiny little trinket items? Or has that completely gone away now. I remember last fall it was that some did and some didn't, but it wasn't a regular event. Any news on that front?
They still trade but still at the discretion of the jawa, they may or may not want to trade with you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter