**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Regarding Jedi Training - Is Disney really stiff on the age thing? My son will be 14 at time of travel, he has ADHD/Autism.
You can always ask, the worst they can say is no.

That should keep the little guy in there.
One of the CM opened the door and I looked inside and got so excited. Just saw all white and I think some stairs? ahhhh can't wait

People interested in doing JT should go to the sign up area as soon as they come in (5pm if possible) they will try and have the table set up for the gn event around 5.

Thank you for all of your investigative work, but particularly this one. I was concerned that they'd start sign-ups even earlier in the day before we arrived to DHS.

Will Disney publish any of this info in advance somewhere?

Thank you for all of your investigative work, but particularly this one. I was concerned that they'd start sign-ups even earlier in the day before we arrived to DHS.

Will Disney publish any of this info in advance somewhere?
every CM I talked today, including a coordinator friend inside Launch Bay, said that we should see a schedule before next Friday, emphasis on should :D

Launch Bay doors for BB8 meet add greet
17796083_10212733406435809_8344907624147936661_n.jpg

17795986_10212733406515811_8843190710750036404_n.jpg
I am a 50 year old woman. I have a steady job, a house, and a child. Did all this adulting stop me from squealing like a little kid when I saw these pics?

No. No, it did not.

CAN'T. WAIT. party:

I am a 50 year old woman. I have a steady job, a house, and a child. Did all this adulting stop me from squealing like a little kid when I saw these pics?

No. No, it did not.

CAN'T. WAIT. party:
You're not the only adult extremely excited to get a picture with BB-8. Mine is coming after the Dark Side Half Marathon. And since I ran the Light Side Challenge out in Disneyland, I will be wearing the BB-8 10K medal from Disneyland and the Kessel Run medal for finishing the Star Wars Half on each coast.

Booked for the 6th of July! I was so consumed waiting for ROL dining that almost forgot about this glad I checked this page. Thanks everyone for posting:flower1:

I know. Luckily, I got my ROL stuff today. Still waiting on August for this though.

It def won't be as crazy as getting that ROL has been I hope!

Me too. I have been stalking that darn thing off and on for over a year:sad2: Luckily, DH and I have done the dessert party before, but DS hasn't seen the new show yet. I haven't told him about BB8 at Launch Bay yet. He loves BB8. Plus, we are doing a cruise after, and they will have just converted a bunch of the kids club on Fantasy to Star Wars. I think he will be pretty pleased.

Thanks for your review and advice I will prep my 10 year old in advance. With regard to Jedi training how did that work with your kids getting slots? Did you need to do anything in advance or did they sign them up on arrival for the tour?

When you sign up for the tour they ask the kids ages. At the start of the tour they asked if the kids wanted to do Jedi Training academy and signed them up for us. There were 15 "Vader" spots and they filled those spots with kids from our tour. If there had been more than 15 kids in the tour, some of the kids would have fought the other villain.

Asking around about Galactic nights, only things I've been able to find
People interested in doing JT should go to the sign up area as soon as they come in (5pm if possible) they will try and have the table set up for the gn event around 5.
Backlot express will be open until 11:30pm
Rock n roller coaster: cm cannot confirm or deny it'll be open with sw music, hint, hint, it'll be open with sw music
Same cm said that he was told only 9000 tickets were sold. If true that is amazing!

So excited for this event!

I have been a lurker for years and the amazing people on these boards have helped me plan many wonderful vacations. I am currently planning another trip in July and am very frustrated. i was hoping the amazing people could work their magic and help calm me down. I called yesterday at 7:10 am and it was an 11 min wait. I was trying to book the Star Wars Guided Tour and was told that it wasn't available for booking yet. The CM said it was definitely not sold out but the inventory was not available for booking yet, try again tomorrow. The CM said it shows up on the internet a few days before it is available for booking. So this morning, at 7:01 am, I called again. 2 hour wait! Hung up and called back, disconnected. Tried again 2 hour wait. Tried again, disconnected. Tried again and it was a 1 hour wait. I thought I had enough time before I had to leave for work to wait. It turned out to be a 45 min wait instead. That CM told me it was all booked for my date. I said, that can’t be, yesterday it was not bookable and 24 hours later it is sold out? So she tried “another way”. Oh yes, I see that it is not booked up there is only 1 party of 3 booked but there is a glitch and I can’t book it, call back later.

So my question is, how many slots are on the tour? What are the chances that it will be booked up before I have a chance to call back? Should I try again later this afternoon or tonight or wait until tomorrow? There is plenty of dinning available for my week and I had no problems with any of the other reservations. This is the last piece before fastpasses. I really hope that it doesn’t sell out before I can call back.

When you sign up for the tour they ask the kids ages. At the start of the tour they asked if the kids wanted to do Jedi Training academy and signed them up for us. There were 15 "Vader" spots and they filled those spots with kids from our tour. If there had been more than 15 kids in the tour, some of the kids would have fought the other villain.
THAT information is deeply appreciated! DS has fought Vader twice, last year wanted to fight the Seventh Sister and did, but for this, his last training session before he ages out, he really wants to fight Vader once more.

I'm going to TRY not to cry... :darth:

We will be there in June.
What Star Wars attractions will be happening?
Fireworks?
March of the?
Special tour?
Meet and greets?

I am having difficulty figuring g out what is happening in June.

I have been a lurker for years and the amazing people on these boards have helped me plan many wonderful vacations. I am currently planning another trip in July and am very frustrated. i was hoping the amazing people could work their magic and help calm me down. I called yesterday at 7:10 am and it was an 11 min wait. I was trying to book the Star Wars Guided Tour and was told that it wasn't available for booking yet. The CM said it was definitely not sold out but the inventory was not available for booking yet, try again tomorrow. The CM said it shows up on the internet a few days before it is available for booking. So this morning, at 7:01 am, I called again. 2 hour wait! Hung up and called back, disconnected. Tried again 2 hour wait. Tried again, disconnected. Tried again and it was a 1 hour wait. I thought I had enough time before I had to leave for work to wait. It turned out to be a 45 min wait instead. That CM told me it was all booked for my date. I said, that can’t be, yesterday it was not bookable and 24 hours later it is sold out? So she tried “another way”. Oh yes, I see that it is not booked up there is only 1 party of 3 booked but there is a glitch and I can’t book it, call back later.

So my question is, how many slots are on the tour? What are the chances that it will be booked up before I have a chance to call back? Should I try again later this afternoon or tonight or wait until tomorrow? There is plenty of dinning available for my week and I had no problems with any of the other reservations. This is the last piece before fastpasses. I really hope that it doesn’t sell out before I can call back.
I believe it's 40 spots. No advice on the rest. I was obsessive and kept calling.

All of the usual stuff should be running in June, even if they have not released the schedules yet.

• Star Wars: A Galaxy Far Far Away - Show on the main stage a few times a day
  • March of the First Order - A mini-parade of Stormtroopers - I think this is a few times a day too - If you miss the parade though a couple of troopers sometimes just walk around and hassle suspected rebels.
  • Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular - Fireworks/Projection show at night - there is also a desert party for this I believe
  • Jedi Training Academy - Several shows daily on the stage near Star Tours - kids can sign up to participate
  • Meet Kylo Ren and Meet Chewbacca - In the Star Wars Launch Bay - they are separate lines

Disney just hasn't been releasing schedules that early lately. All of this is sure to be happening in June.

Each tour takes 40 people. I would write an email to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and explain your entire ordeal. Maybe they'll be able to help you, I would also call later and try and book again

I have been checking on the June dates for the dessert party for weeks, but hadn't been following this thread. I was so excited when I did my daily check on Wednesday morning and was able to book for my date! Its a surprise for DH and my teenager - they will have some daddy/daughter time while the LO and I head back to the resort. I was thinking about the tour - appreciate the candid review - and I think the dessert party will be enough for them. Our teen is too old for Jedi training, our LO is too young, so the only big advantage seems moot. My girls were R2D2 and C3PO for Halloween - they might even wear their costumes on our HS day... (they are modified, comfy versions, not crazy robot suits, so would be ok in the heat).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter