***Official September 2023 Thread***

California Grill. Love CG in general and had a great meal there last year, though not a fan of the prix fixe menu system. I miss brunch though.
I would give anything to go back to the old menu! We went in 2019 on the deluxe dining plan and it was the best dining experience we’ve ever had! The new menu was fine when we dined there in 2022, but it’s just not the same.

Garden Grill Breakfast in Epcot is priority #1! Haven’t been there in years! Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic! Breakfast in HS (my youngest loves Doc McStuffins). Tony’s Town Square Dinner in MK & Rainforest Cafe Dinner in AK also because of my youngest. lol.

Oh! Forgot to add T-Rex Lunch at Disney Springs!

It’s a short 5-day trip this time. We will make her happy. :)

We book our dining in 2 weeks!! :love:

Last edited:
We are scaling back a bit on this trip for dining. Usually we do mostly buffets, one of our DS’s is very picky, so this works well for us. This time just planning one buffet, Chef Mickey if we can get it. We usually do Boma, but my DH got food poisoning there last year so gonna skip it this time 🤢.

Will try to get ‘Ohana for my DH as a replacement since both are his favorites. Maybe try SciFi for the first time. We always stay out the trip with a travel day dinner at either T Rex or RainForest at DS. We did a big lunch last year at Yak and Yeti, it was delicious, then a quick service dinner. We usually snack around the F&W all day on our Epcot day, so no ADRs that day.

That’s all we have thought of this far, but ADR day is July 19, so plenty of time to change our minds. Side note anyone planning to eat at TRex, RainForest, or Yak and Yeti, there is a $100 gift card on sale at Costco for $75.

63 days out and our first ADR day is Friday!!! (we have a split stay so two separate ADR dates unfortunately). Our toughest ADRs for this first go around are dinner at Topolino's Terrace, lunch at Rodeo Roundup BBQ, and dinner at Le Cellier!
Friday is my day as well...on my list are Le Cellier, Homecomin', Ohana, Tuskar House breakfast and SciFi Fantasmic package. Good luck with yours!

Ok, mine are complete. I had to work between the website and the app as they both had a couple of glitches along the way. I also had to tweak my plans a bit but that is why it's wise to have a back up plan. I did get everything I wanted, not on my first choice of days but I actually think I like the revised plan even better. So here is the list...

5th - LeCellier at 8:40 (This is later than I would like so I will try to improve it)
7th - Tuskar House Breakfast at 8:45 (earlier than I wanted but will work fine)
8th - *THE HOLY GRAIL* Homecomin' for lunch at 12:10
9th - Sci Fi Fantasmic package at 5:15
10th - Ohana at 3:50 (Had to change days for this but it works just as well. Other option was after 9 PM-too late for me)
The 6th and 11th we are doing quick service and then Food & Wine.

I think I can get LeCellier earlier as I have been watching it and there have been better times even recently. Good luck to everyone as they get to their 60 day mark!

Just bought tickets for MNSSHP for Friday September 15th!! We weren't going to go as this is a short trip, but why not?? So we'll be at MK from 8:30 in the morning until midnight and then we fly home the next morning. We can sleep when we get home! :rotfl:
That sounds so fun!

Got *almost* everything we wanted for this booking day! The only thing we didn't get was a lounge reservation at Space 220 for drinks and apps but we'll keep trying!

-Yachtsman Steakhouse dinner
-Steakhouse 71 dinner (at 8:20pm but we want to catch HEA, so we'll be trying to modify this one)
-Raglan Road dinner
-Crystal Palace breakfast
-Jiko dinner (we've been trying to dine here for so long... in 2019 the restaurant shut down due to a hurricane on our last night, and in 2022 it hadn't reopened yet from Covid)
-Flying Fish dinner
-Homecomin' lunch
-Cape May Cafe dinner
-Oga's Cantina
-Rodeo Roundup BBQ lunch
-Hoop de Doo Category 1

and the most crazy decision we made... Victoria and Albert's! We're going to be on our honeymoon, so it just felt right!

Hey September folks! I just booked a "last minute" Labor Day solo weekend trip at the Dolphin, 8/31 - 9/5. Mostly just to get out of town for the holiday and do a little F&W and the Halloween party since it's been ages. My partner and I had a huge blowout trip last month so I'm not really doing a lot of pre planning this time. I was very tempted to book Gran Destino but since we're doing a pre and post cruise stay there next spring, and Swolphin came out with the AP discount, so I decided to go with the latter.

Hey September folks! I just booked a "last minute" Labor Day solo weekend trip at the Dolphin, 8/31 - 9/5. Mostly just to get out of town for the holiday and do a little F&W and the Halloween party since it's been ages. My partner and I had a huge blowout trip last month so I'm not really doing a lot of pre planning this time. I was very tempted to book Gran Destino but since we're doing a pre and post cruise stay there next spring, and Swolphin came out with the AP discount, so I decided to go with the latter.
Hi again! :). Looks like we're tracking the same times of year in 2023, lol. Yay for late-in-the-game trips, we love those!

I'm doing a partial solo trip 9/6-11. DD is coming down to do MNSSHP for her birthday and staying a day or two, but I decided to stay a couple of days longer. Originally booked All-Stars since we were doing just the party for a short trip, but ultimately went with the Tower while DD is there and then moving to standard to save a little money. Although I might swap it again, it's not a trip unless I change everything out haha.

The frustrating thing about a split stay is that it is my 60-day ADR window today and I can only book for 60+4 for my first resort reservation! So I'm going to have to camp out for ADRs again later this week. (The upside is, in my time zone this is 6pm so not the worst time to be trying to get ADRs!)

Anyway, got early dinner ADRs for Jiko, CG, and Artist Point.

Will probably try to get CG on a different night when the ADR window opens up though, just booked these as a placeholder first in case I can't get them when my next ADR window(s) open up!

Quite happy about the Artist Point ADR, it is at 4pm on an MNSSHP night (have not yet bought tickets but will probably do that soon). So I can have a nice early dinner (or late lunch?), then head over to MNSSHP! (Probably not doing costumes though, I am not a costume person in general...)

Still thinking about V&A, but can't book it yet since they're only open Tuesdays-Saturdays (tried calling the number and get an automated phone reply saying this) so will have to try again!

I logged onto my computer with three minutes to spare when the ADR window opened yesterday. I got Homecomin' when I wanted it. I got a SciFi that is about an hour too early but I will keep looking. And the San Angel Inn hasn't loaded the ADR's for our week yet, so I am still waiting for that. The other reservations are easier to get and I got everything else that I wanted. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter