***Official September 2022 Thread***

I need to not mess with our ADR's that we have. BUT, I realized we don't have a sit down breakfast day (we love going out to breakfast IRL) because we were kicking around the idea of going to Typhoon Lagoon on our MNSSHP day (9/18)....

Sooo, breakfast ADR or TL morning? If no breakfast, the plan was that we were going to have a late lunch (230-3ish) at one of the MK resorts prior to the party.

I need to not mess with our ADR's that we have. BUT, I realized we don't have a sit down breakfast day (we love going out to breakfast IRL) because we were kicking around the idea of going to Typhoon Lagoon on our MNSSHP day (9/18)....

Sooo, breakfast ADR or TL morning? If no breakfast, the plan was that we were going to have a late lunch (230-3ish) at one of the MK resorts prior to the party.
TL can be pretty exhausting, but I like the idea of the 3PM Lunch. Then it will give you enough room for the snacks later 😉

My magic band+ shipped this morning!!! I’ve gotten all my youngest son’s new shirts together and I bought them each new u derwear for the trip. I’m hoping the shirts I ordered my older son comes today. I really should be mostly packed by the end of the weekend
I got the shipping email at 5:01AM (eastern) on Wednesday. My tracking status still hasn’t updated and shows waiting for pickup. 😑 I chatted with Disney a little bit ago about an unrelated issue and asked about it. He gave me the contact information for the department I need to contact but they’re only open Monday-Friday. I’m hoping the tracking will update with movement by Monday.

Doing some final tweaking to our schedule and ADR's. We're thinking of doing MK again on 9/2 to take advantage of the lower crowds on party days. Although they may be higher that day since it's leading into the holiday weekend. I thought maybe we could take the boat over to the WL when the park closes at 6 and enjoy some resort time there as well as dinner at Geyser Point, then maybe take a bus over to Disney Springs for a couple of hours.

It would mean switching our HS day from Friday to Thursday. I was able to get another Sci-Fi lunch ADR for Thursday but can't find a late night Oga's one yet for 2 ppl. There's an opening for one person showing but not two.

Ah, last minute plan changing - gotta keep it challenging - ha!

Doing some final tweaking to our schedule and ADR's. We're thinking of doing MK again on 9/2 to take advantage of the lower crowds on party days. Although they may be higher that day since it's leading into the holiday weekend. I thought maybe we could take the boat over to the WL when the park closes at 6 and enjoy some resort time there as well as dinner at Geyser Point, then maybe take a bus over to Disney Springs for a couple of hours.

It would mean switching our HS day from Friday to Thursday. I was able to get another Sci-Fi lunch ADR for Thursday but can't find a late night Oga's one yet for 2 ppl. There's an opening for one person showing but not two.

You *should* be able to add one person when you check in on the app for your reservation. Ogas is also pretty good about accommodating if they can. I'd grab the 1 person :)

You *should* be able to add one person when you check in on the app for your reservation. Ogas is also pretty good about accommodating if they can. I'd grab the 1 person :)
Yep - that's my hope also so I did end up grabbing it! Everything else is all set now and I think I'm finally done tweaking! :)

Anyone know how much notice they gave when they moved Rise or Remy off the VQ system? I feel okay about my park touring strategy more or less but wondering if we’ll get enough time to plan how to approach GoTG if it’s not VQ by then.

We are doing the same and switching to MK on 2 party nights. The scoop is crowds will be less because not everyone park hops and one day ticket holders aren't going to book a day at MK when it closes so early. Fingers crossed. And yes, we continue to look at our schedule and adjust. Also, I've written down all the Food and Wine offerings on a cheat sheet. Some of them sound sooooo good!

Anyone know how much notice they gave when they moved Rise or Remy off the VQ system? I feel okay about my park touring strategy more or less but wondering if we’ll get enough time to plan how to approach GoTG if it’s not VQ by then.
Remy was about 3 months (10/1/21 - 1/10/22). Rise was much, much longer at around 22 months (12/5/19-9/23/21).
I believe GotG will drop the virtual queue around Labor Day or at least sometime in September. From what I can tell, it seems to be following the same trend as Remy did for boarding groups not filling immediately.
On the other hand, I also believe Tron will open on October 1st. Testing is well underway and they’re moving at a fast pace on the exterior work. They’ll likely announce the official opening date at D23. If it has an official opening date that soon, I’m not sure what they’ll do. I could speculate both sides of it though.

Remy was about 3 months (10/1/21 - 1/10/22). Rise was much, much longer at around 22 months (12/5/19-9/23/21).
I believe GotG will drop the virtual queue around Labor Day or at least sometime in September. From what I can tell, it seems to be following the same trend as Remy did for boarding groups not filling immediately.
On the other hand, I also believe Tron will open on October 1st. Testing is well underway and they’re moving at a fast pace on the exterior work. They’ll likely announce the official opening date at D23. If it has an official opening date that soon, I’m not sure what they’ll do. I could speculate both sides of it though.

So, I think you're asking how much time between announcing VQ was ending and VQ actually ending, yes?

A quick Google shows me articles dated 1/6 saying the Remy VQ would end 1/10. So, not very much notice at all. Unfortunately, this is definitely something that could be announced just before or during a trip that would switch soon enough to impact that trip. Certainly not the months notice they're offering for other things, like character returns.

So, I think you're asking how much time between announcing VQ was ending and VQ actually ending, yes?

A quick Google shows me articles dated 1/6 saying the Remy VQ would end 1/10. So, not very much notice at all. Unfortunately, this is definitely something that could be announced just before or during a trip that would switch soon enough to impact that trip. Certainly not the months notice they're offering for other things, like character returns.
Basically this, yes. We will be going to Epcot the day after Labor Day… so “around Labor Day” is the key phrase if that’s when it’s changing. I guess it’s stupid to care too much but you know… want to have a sense of how to use G+, whether we need to plan to get to it at park close… that will be right after our party late night so Epcot rope drop is a nonstarter. I was hoping it would stay VQ so we could get a guaranteed ride without a 3 hour standby. I’ll deal, just curious

Leaving in 5 weeks! Haven’t received anything from Disney in the mail, no resort packet or magic bands (ordered the day they were available). My parents received their resort booklet in the mail but I never received anything. Not that it’s needed but seems inconsistent as they also got one for our canceled trip back in May but I never did. We booked separate packages as well.

On the other hand, I also believe Tron will open on October 1st.
I used to think that at one point too, but now I'm convinced it won't open until later. All the construction updates I've seen don't look to have made much progress on the outdoor walkways, queue, or entrance area lately. I don't know what they're planning for the area there for walkways, but it might be too hot for cement work or concerns for too much rain or a hurricane. By November they'd be hitting a nice time of year to complete that kind of work and put in plants and such.

They also have a lot going on with the halloween party back in full this year. That should keep the crowds good through early November. It would not surprise me in the least for them to delay until that lull between halloween and the larger crowds in mid-late December. Waiting a couple of months when it's slightly slower for hotel bookings might bring in the local crowds for a ride opening.

I keep saying though, leave it to Disney to take a copy and paste ride and turn it into a saga. I know construction on that started after Guardians, but they didn't have to develop this one from scratch.

Leaving in 5 weeks! Haven’t received anything from Disney in the mail, no resort packet or magic bands (ordered the day they were available). My parents received their resort booklet in the mail but I never received anything. Not that it’s needed but seems inconsistent as they also got one for our canceled trip back in May but I never did. We booked separate packages as well.
I leave in 2 weeks and just got my Mickey mail a few days ago and my magic band + just shipped this morning. You probably have a couple more weeks before you get yours. I know in the past, they shipped as soon as you ordered magic bands, but from everything I’ve seen, they are just barely getting the magic band+ orders out in time for people coming in the next couple weeks.

I can't believe it. That storm in the gulf had an 80% chance of forming and its gone. Completely fell apart. There's currently something off the coast of Africa, but it has a very poor chance right now of turning into anything so far. I really do apologize to anyone going the same time as me. Cause I really think my luck is coming for all of us.

Bought a few needed items today so when I pack I'll have all my supplies. Tylenol, dental picks, nuts, halloween ribbon, you know all the essentials, LOL! We are going to do a grocery stop beforehand and get a few things. My daughter found someone who took a photo of the "coolers" in the room to see how much can fit. She said you can lay a half gallon of milk in there. Anyway, this will help defer some of the costs of food. We are still doing 4 table services and I'm really looking forward to all the Food and Wine offerings.

I leave in 2 weeks and just got my Mickey mail a few days ago and my magic band + just shipped this morning. You probably have a couple more weeks before you get yours. I know in the past, they shipped as soon as you ordered magic bands, but from everything I’ve seen, they are just barely getting the magic band+ orders out in time for people coming in the next couple weeks.
Yes hopefully I’ll get something before I leave! I know nothing is normal anymore though so I’ll wait …. 😊

I can't believe it. That storm in the gulf had an 80% chance of forming and its gone. Completely fell apart. There's currently something off the coast of Africa, but it has a very poor chance right now of turning into anything so far. I really do apologize to anyone going the same time as me. Cause I really think my luck is coming for all of us.
Umm... when are you going again? Really hoping it's not the week we're there! ;) From your countdown it looks like it'll be a couple of weeks after us... phew!

Bought a few needed items today so when I pack I'll have all my supplies. Tylenol, dental picks, nuts, halloween ribbon, you know all the essentials, LOL! We are going to do a grocery stop beforehand and get a few things. My daughter found someone who took a photo of the "coolers" in the room to see how much can fit. She said you can lay a half gallon of milk in there. Anyway, this will help defer some of the costs of food. We are still doing 4 table services and I'm really looking forward to all the Food and Wine offerings.
Be aware that the drink coolers on the room do not get cold enough for dairy! I’ve seen it mentioned many times. We have a plug in cooler for the car that we are bringing into the room and plugging in for anything that needs to be kept cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter