***Official September 2022 Thread***

Umm... when are you going again? Really hoping it's not the week we're there! ;) From your countdown it looks like it'll be a couple of weeks after us... phew!

For reason I totally don't understand my ticker stopped counting so its a little behind there. I'm going to be there 7-12th. My days I really don't want bad weather are the day I arrive and the day of my MNSSHP. I can live with any other day including the day I leave. I can handle extending my hotel or going to another one until I can get a flight home, but missing my chance at a flight down or the party getting cancelled will just totally set me off.

I can't believe it. That storm in the gulf had an 80% chance of forming and its gone. Completely fell apart. There's currently something off the coast of Africa, but it has a very poor chance right now of turning into anything so far. I really do apologize to anyone going the same time as me. Cause I really think my luck is coming for all of us.
My dates are 9/5-14 and honestly Im Really worried there will be a big storm during that time... I can’t imagine there won’t be something between now and than...I’m just not that lucky my trips always seem to invoke “Murphy’ Law”! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Happy Sunday, September group! I have a question about Animal Kingdom at or close to closing time. I’ve got limited experience at that park and haven’t ever gotten to see Pandora in the evening. Does the glowing require it to be basically sunset to see, or would we be able to see things start lighting up as dusk approaches? It looks like the park will close at 7 all but one day we are there, and I’m not sure if I can get our itinerary fixed to be there then (despite all my list making, I haven’t yet struck on “perfect” 😂).

So I need to stop listening to extended weather reports....i Know we are headed into prime time for hurricanes and they are saying from this point on it will be wave after wave coming off African coast im just keeping my fingers 🤞that we can fly back and forth with no drama 🙏

My dates are 9/5-14 and honestly Im Really worried there will be a big storm during that time... I can’t imagine there won’t be something between now and than...I’m just not that lucky my trips always seem to invoke “Murphy’ Law”! 🤷🏻‍♀️
I can't imagine there won't be a named storm at all in the month of August, but it has happened before. It sounds like your luck and mine are similar. I just can't accept if a storm hits at that point, it could be named Danielle 🤦‍♀️.

So I need to stop listening to extended weather reports....i Know we are headed into prime time for hurricanes and they are saying from this point on it will be wave after wave coming off African coast im just keeping my fingers 🤞that we can fly back and forth with no drama 🙏
They said that, but they're also dropping their storm predictions for the year, so it "could" end up being quiet.

I'm honestly not worried about getting home. I can navigate a hotel extension and rebooking my flight. My boss is amazing and understanding about life happening. I have 4 PTO days that I don't have plans for at this point, and some that while I do have booked off, I took just because and can move around if needed. I was leaving those few days available on the off chance I get a new puppy this year.

I just keep thinking, let me just get down there and don't cancel my party day. I can live with anything else getting changed, but losing time trying to get down on a different flight or losing the main reason I wanted to go this time of year will be awful. I'm a weirdo who loves hurricanes anyway, so experiencing one live in Florida is like a bucket list thing and I know I'm safe on property.

As if worrying about hurricanes and covid wasn’t enough, my kids’ school district is in a big fight and the teacher union is voting tonight whether to strike… school was supposed to start Wed and my oldest DD was already anxious about starting middle school with only 8 days of class before leaving and missing a week for this trip but now she’s anxious that maybe she won’t get any days and will miss all the real start while we’re gone. I want the teachers to get everything they’re asking for, they totally deserve it, but fingers crossed it all gets resolved before Wednesday!

For reason I totally don't understand my ticker stopped counting so its a little behind there. I'm going to be there 7-12th. My days I really don't want bad weather are the day I arrive and the day of my MNSSHP. I can live with any other day including the day I leave. I can handle extending my hotel or going to another one until I can get a flight home, but missing my chance at a flight down or the party getting cancelled will just totally set me off.

I just keep thinking, let me just get down there and don't cancel my party day. I can live with anything else getting changed, but losing time trying to get down on a different flight or losing the main reason I wanted to go this time of year will be awful. I'm a weirdo who loves hurricanes anyway, so experiencing one live in Florida is like a bucket list thing and I know I'm safe on property.

You'll be arriving four days after we depart. I agree completely, I am most concerned about not having rain or storms on our MNSSHP night so we get to have the full experience without any cancelations of the parade, fireworks or stage show. Fingers crossed! I'd also say the same for our following night which is Moonlight Magic at AK. If we can have those two special evening events be rain free we will be very happy! We can handle the typical afternoon storms otherwise and I kind of feel the same way about experiencing a hurricane at Disney - I know we would be very safe!

I can't imagine there won't be a named storm at all in the month of August, but it has happened before. It sounds like your luck and mine are similar. I just can't accept if a storm hits at that point, it could be named Danielle 🤦‍♀️.

They said that, but they're also dropping their storm predictions for the year, so it "could" end up being quiet.

I'm honestly not worried about getting home. I can navigate a hotel extension and rebooking my flight. My boss is amazing and understanding about life happening. I have 4 PTO days that I don't have plans for at this point, and some that while I do have booked off, I took just because and can move around if needed. I was leaving those few days available on the off chance I get a new puppy this year.

Oh my gosh this happened to me on trip down the first week in April...I drove almost 3 hrs to get to airport the night before my 6:15 am flight and stayed at a hotel near airport than i got the email that my flight had been cancelled. There was no other flight available the entire day when I immediately went online to change my fligh so I went right over to airport and waited in line for over 3 hours and by the time I finally got up to counter I was told soonest flight I could get an evening flight 2 days later With a stop...after all that I got out to my car and was able to change the flight they had put me on to direct the flight that was still 2 days later but in morning. The whole thing was a nightmare...I had done online check in at CSR and thought I was going to just lose my first 2 nights but Disney guest services was wonderful and added on 2 more days to my stay and I didn’t have to pay extra they just applied what I had paid for first 2 nights. then my flight home was delayed 4 hours. So now I’m just paranoid that something will go wrong again. SWA ended up giving me a $200 voucher but that didn’t even cover the nights I had to stay at hotel waiting for next flight let alone compensate for the miserable hours I stood in line at airport. Like you I’m not concerned if I need to extend my stay I just want to arrive on time and also have MNSSHP tix for night of my arrival.

I'm so sorry if this has already been asked, but can you see the MNSSHP fireworks from the Wilderness lodge boat? assuming proper timing of course. TIA

Leaving on the 4th and our Magic+ bands I ordered on 7/27 still show up in MDE as “processing”...the regular Magic band I ordered on 7/26 finally arrived the other day but took 11 days to arrive after it was shipped so I’m afraid the Magic+ bands won’t arrive before we leave. I’ve heard nothing from Disney regarding the bands being delayed.

Leaving on the 4th and our Magic+ bands I ordered on 7/27 still show up in MDE as “processing”...the regular Magic band I ordered on 7/26 finally arrived the other day but took 11 days to arrive after it was shipped so I’m afraid the Magic+ bands won’t arrive before we leave. I’ve heard nothing from Disney regarding the bands being delayed.
Disney really dropped the ball on this. Not only did they very poorly plan for this launch, but they're not doing well with the communication either.

Just a quick head's up for anyone in the group going for 9/8...... It's Disney+ day and WDW resort hotel guests are getting an additional 30 minutes early entrance into the park on top of the 30 minutes resort guests already get. So you can get into the park an hour early that day.

Guess that solves me not needing Genie+ on my Epcot day now, but I'm going to have to get up extra early to be there for 8am opening.

Happy Sunday, September group! I have a question about Animal Kingdom at or close to closing time. I’ve got limited experience at that park and haven’t ever gotten to see Pandora in the evening. Does the glowing require it to be basically sunset to see, or would we be able to see things start lighting up as dusk approaches? It looks like the park will close at 7 all but one day we are there, and I’m not sure if I can get our itinerary fixed to be there then (despite all my list making, I haven’t yet struck on “perfect” 😂).
I have been there at dusk and things were glowing and it was pretty but that was some years ago. I remember it got stronger after sunset. As far as lists I know the feeling - I love revising my Disney lists!

Just a quick head's up for anyone in the group going for 9/8...... It's Disney+ day and WDW resort hotel guests are getting an additional 30 minutes early entrance into the park on top of the 30 minutes resort guests already get. So you can get into the park an hour early that day.

Guess that solves me not needing Genie+ on my Epcot day now, but I'm going to have to get up extra early to be there for 8am opening.
Oh great news. We will take advantage of that. Thanks so much.

I have been there at dusk and things were glowing and it was pretty but that was some years ago. I remember it got stronger after sunset. As far as lists I know the feeling - I love revising my Disney lists!
Just to add to @jamieluvsdisney - you can start to see things at dusk and it does grow stronger the darker it gets. We got to FINALLY see this in June. My DDs were too tired to wait it out, so they went back to the hotel, but DH and I had a 7:30 dinner at Satuli and then hopped on FOP hoping that would take a while but it kinda moved fast and we were off around 8:10 IIRC.

So the ride was still finished before dark (8 pm-close). We spent some time in the gift shop and then about 10 minutes just sitting outside. By then dusk was getting darker and things started glowing a lot more and we began exploring. CMs about 8:30 were whisking everyone out (understandably) so they could close up.

It's really a shame Disney doesn't frame the guest experience around seeing Pandora at night, it was spectacular we felt with some incredible detail. I have some pics I can post from my phone. Be back in a few :)

Edited to add: Most of these were taken before it was "dark, dark". My pics honestly don't do it justice IMO, it's so pretty.

Last edited:
Be aware that the drink coolers on the room do not get cold enough for dairy! I’ve seen it mentioned many times. We have a plug in cooler for the car that we are bringing into the room and plugging in for anything that needs to be kept cold.
You know I've looked it up as well and there seems to be differing opinions about dairy and the coolers. I'm going to do more research. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter