***Official September 2022 Thread***

FWIW, we're intentionally going to MK on party days (lighter crowds) and going to the MHSSHP also, but we won't be doing rides during the party. We're going with our two young kids, so we're skipping park hoppers. They won't last that long anyway.

I wondered about that option. It would be less $ than hoppers. We're going with friends who've never been so we could devote the EMH to the shows, parade and fireworks.

Woohooo!! Now just need to decide between party on Tuesday or the possibly more crowded Friday one. So excited!!

I believe I read that Sunday and Tuesday are a little less crowded because less locals go on school nights. Might be something to consider

I actually somehow planned to be in MK on two party days, Friday and Sunday and I'm not disappointed about the early close. Don't know how late I'll stay, that's probably going to depend on weather/heat, but I can take a break then hop to Epcot on Friday. Sunday I actually want to do the party, so a mid day break is definitely needed to relax a bit so I can stay up later. My next day is my travel home day and I can go to the park a bit later and take it slow because I'm probably going to take a pretty late flight home. Haven't decided/booked that yet.

I'm actually really disappointed because my flight down got changed in both time and plane. Its now leaving 40 minutes later which doesn't thrill me about landing time for afternoon weather in Florida and I'd rather be settled in and going to Disney Springs earlier. And the plane changed to a smaller one which bums me out because I have a LOT of flight credit from a cancelled longer flight in 2020 which has paid for my flights to and from in January and to in September, plus half of my return and in first class. And now that they changed to a smaller plane I don't get the lie flat seat (boo). I mean its a short flight to Florida and I definitely don't need that, but it was still cool lol.

Yep, that sounds about right. I've decided to go to the Tuesday (8/30) party. :) I'm so excited that they're bringing back MNSSHP!
We are trying to decide if we want to go to the party this year. If we go it would be on 8/30 also. We went to 2 in 2019 and saw all of the rare characters except the 7 Dwarfs. Hoping we can start hearing who the characters might be sooner rather than later.

I'm not sure what to do about party scheduling. We're definitely going, it was one of our favorite things in 2019, but the date is tough.

We rented points so have deluxe resort benefits, which means late nights Mon and Weds already. A Tuesday party would make it three late nights in a row and I don't know how my eight year olds would do. BUT, the Friday party that we can attend is the Friday of Labor Day weekend. I know Labor Day isn't nearly as crazy as other holidays, but I'm still worried that the Friday of a holiday weekend is a bad choice for a party night when we have the Tuesday as an option. Do we just do three late nights in a row, but don't try to do much in the morning on any of those days? Do the Friday party because the September low crowds are enough to counterbalance a Friday holiday? Decisions, decisions.

I'll join in too. Fifth trip for me, second for my wife, first for the kiddos. 9/22-9/25 BWI, 9/25-9/28 GF. Snagged Disney+ discounts for both stays.
Glad you are joining us @wizardtho!!!! Welcome to the September 2022 Group. :welcome: You have 2 wonderful resorts for your stay BoardWalk Inn and the Grand Floridian. My family also got a great Disney discount with Disney Plus. Love discounts especially with Disney!!:) I know your wife and children are so excited especially with the kids first trip!!! It is the Best to experience Disney through the eyes of children. I will add you to the Countdown List and look forward to seeing you here for more planning. :donald:

Just found this thread. We have a trip booked for 9/11 thru 9/17. We'll be at Beach Club Villas for the first couple days and then move to the cabins at Copper Creek for the remaining days.

We had figured to do Wednesday at MK to take advantage of EMH. Not I'm not sure what to do.

From everything I've read, Wed crowds will be a little higher with people avoiding the early closing in MK on the other days. We could do the party and try to knock out all the rides we want to ride that evening but that could backfire depending on how many tickets Disney sells. Or we could bite the bullet for hoppers and just hop from MK on a party day - hearing crowds will be lighter those days- and hop to another park.

It's hard to predict what works when there hasn't been a MNSSHP since 2019.

Any experts care to give us some guidance? Party or hop?
Hi @Suzabella and we are so glad you found Our September 2022 Group!!!!:cheer2: Welcome!! The Beach Club Villas with the outstanding pool and then over to Copper Creek for such a serene setting - I just can't wait for my trip and I know you can't wait for yours. ( As well as ALL our Group Here) pixiedust: I will add you to the Countdown List and let the Planning Keep on Going:tigger:

We'll be there in September too! September 23rd-Oct 2nd at the Yacht Club.
Hi @VAtink :tink:and Welcome to our Group for September 2022!!!! So Glad you joined with us. Love the Yacht Club! It is a great resort with Beaches and Cream nearby, a beautiful "seaside" resort ⛱️, and a fantastic location near Epcot. Congratulations on your trip - I bet your family is soooo excited. I will add you to our Countdown List and see you here for more planning ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

Add us to the list - a work remotely/vacation trip combined
OKW 9/10 - 9/24 (Rental)
Dolphin 9/24-9/28
:welcome: @Disneyfox232 to our Great September 2022 Group!!! So nice you can work remote and go to Disney World!!! I stayed at the Dolphin for a conference I went to about 10 years ago and my husband and kids loved it. A beautiful resort with some very good restaurants. An 18 day trip is awesome. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I will add you to the Countdown List and look forward to seeing you here for more planning with our Group. pooh:

Just found this thread. We have a trip booked for 9/11 thru 9/17. We'll be at Beach Club Villas for the first couple days and then move to the cabins at Copper Creek for the remaining days.

We had figured to do Wednesday at MK to take advantage of EMH. Not I'm not sure what to do.

From everything I've read, Wed crowds will be a little higher with people avoiding the early closing in MK on the other days. We could do the party and try to knock out all the rides we want to ride that evening but that could backfire depending on how many tickets Disney sells. Or we could bite the bullet for hoppers and just hop from MK on a party day - hearing crowds will be lighter those days- and hop to another park.

It's hard to predict what works when there hasn't been a MNSSHP since 2019.

Any experts care to give us some guidance? Party or hop?
If all you care about are rides either way, and not missing MK fireworks or the party entertainment, I’d say do MK on a party day. Maybe grab a G+ and stack big stuff over at HS for after 6.

I know this year is a wild card but MK was dead on party day last time I went until about 4:30’when party guests started arriving. Everything we did except 7Dwarves was a walk on until 4:30 and then we still had light lines for stuff like meeting princesses and small world for another hour. HM and Pirates immediately got long. By 6 everything was packed and we just shopped and headed out. We had hoppers but we did so much already that day we just sat and watched fireworks on the beach at the poly instead of going elsewhere. Best day ever.

New here, trip planned for end of September 2022!
:wave: @MissDisney21 !!! Welcome to the September 2022 Group!!! I would love to add you to the Countdown List when you have your dates and resort. Just let us know on this Group. The planning is happening here in our Group and everyone is helping each other. :grouphug: I am getting some great tips too. Look forward to seeing you here. :dumbo:

Well changed our reservation from 7 days at POP Century to a split stay 9/5-9/10 and 9/10 to 9/14 at POP looking forward to pool time at Coronado and using the Skyway at Pop...so 9 days at Disney! usually do 6 day trips have never done a 9 day trip! Booked the Coronado half using the Disney Visa Resort offer and used the Disney+ offer for the Pop reservation. Not sure what’s happening with SWA but the airfare dropped from $163 to $59 from BWI to MCO for 9/5 so I saved $104 by changing my flight from 9/6 to 9/5 and added the extra nite on to Coronado stay.
@Lsdolphin Congratulations on your updated 9 day stay :mickeyjum!!! Changed on our Countdown List!!! (Love that Skyliner)

:wave: @MissDisney21 !!! Welcome to the September 2022 Group!!! I would love to add you to the Countdown List when you have your dates and resort. Just let us know on this Group. The planning is happening here in our Group and everyone is helping each other. :grouphug: I am getting some great tips too. Look forward to seeing you here. :dumbo:
9/17-9/24 split stay between AoA and Contemporary. 2nd trip for my kids ages 8 and 10. Looking forward to Star Wars and Toystory land that weren’t here last time we came! And thinking about adding MNSSHP!

So happy to be joining this group! We’ll be at Wilderness Lodge from 9/22 to 9/26. We normally visit during spring break, but my 7 year old son is dying to see the Halloween decorations and attend the party (probably on 9/23), so we’re planning our first fall trip. Very excited!

How do you think the Extended Evening theme park hours will be impacted by MNSSHP? Will MK have the extended hours on the days that there isn’t a party? Will Epcot have extended hours when there is a party? So many variables to consider when trying to plan out our theme park days!

How do you think the Extended Evening theme park hours will be impacted by MNSSHP? Will MK have the extended hours on the days that there isn’t a party? Will Epcot have extended hours when there is a party? So many variables to consider when trying to plan out our theme park days!
This is my biggest question right now. I had planned a Monday Epcot day but now that will be our party day. Hoping they’ll change the Epcot times so we can take advantage a different night but otherwise might have to rethink my strategy for that park completely. We’ll be too tired to rope drop after a party night and without extended evening hours I’ll probably have to do ILLs and G+
(Which stinks for a party of 11$!)

9/17-9/24 split stay between AoA and Contemporary. 2nd trip for my kids ages 8 and 10. Looking forward to Star Wars and Toystory land that weren’t here last time we came! And thinking about adding MNSSHP!
:welcome: in officially @MissDisney21 ::MinnieMo with your dates and resorts!! This is a very exciting trip for you and your family. Toy Story land is so colorful and makes you feel like you are the size of a toy. Your kids will love it and Slinky Dog is so much fun (one of my favorite rides). Star Wars:chewy: land is amazing too. I will add your dates and resorts to our Countdown List.:goofy:

So happy to be joining this group! We’ll be at Wilderness Lodge from 9/22 to 9/26. We normally visit during spring break, but my 7 year old son is dying to see the Halloween decorations and attend the party (probably on 9/23), so we’re planning our first fall trip. Very excited!
We are so Happy you joined our September 2022 Group @jillinastoria!!!! I think you and your family and especially your 7 year old :earsboy: will love September. He will be so excited when he sees the Halloween decorations🎃 and especially attending MNSSHP!! I (and my family) love it!! I have always wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge just haven't gotten there yet. We are going to try to get reservations at Storybook Dining at WL at our 60 day window. I will add you to our Countdown List and look forward to seeing you here for more planning. :stitch:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter