***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing from Disney specifically. However I would trust members on this forum over trusting a ride CM or a bus driver.

It's all rumors and speculations of tiers. When we hear anything from Disney it'll be either that AK has tiers or Pandora will open and no mention of tiers
I don't disagree with this, but there is a difference between a RUMOR and a GUESS. This is a GUESS at this point. Perhaps an educated guess, but only a guess. :)

Since the FP window for that weekend is rapidly approaching, I will be watching closely for the announcement of tiers. Interested to see what may happen if I book fast passes at 60 days and the switch to tiers is made after I have booked.

I have not seen anyone call AK FP tiering a "rumor". Have any of you?

I have seen many people here speculating. And the reason (aside from being Disney geeks) is people are now coming up on 60 days FP windows for AK (my 60 day window opens this Saturday) and we are trying to figure out what FPs to choose at AK and (in some cases) how to work in RoL into the FP choice. So some of us are speculating so we can hopefully make better and more flexible FP choices now and be prepared for what might happen when FPs are available for the two Pandora rides.

:wizard:

I have seen many people here speculating. And the reason (aside from being Disney geeks) is people are now coming up on 60 days FP windows for AK (my 60 day window opens this Saturday) and we are trying to figure out what FPs to choose at AK and (in some cases) how to work in RoL into the FP choice. So some of us are speculating so we can hopefully make better and more flexible FP choices now and be prepared for what might happen when FPs are available for the two Pandora rides.

:wizard:
Correct tiering is speculation right now.

Is there any chance that AK will reach capacity and people won't be able to get in later in the day/evening on opening weekend? We leave on the 30th to fly home, so no choice but to see Pandora opening weekend.

I hope to get FP for at least one of the new rides, and try to rope drop it for the other. But then we want to head back to the resort, and return to see Pandora at night, and ROL for the first time too. Are we going to have to stay at AK the entire day and night?

Is there any chance that AK will reach capacity and people won't be able to get in later in the day/evening on opening weekend? We leave on the 30th to fly home, so no choice but to see Pandora opening weekend.

I hope to get FP for at least one of the new rides, and try to rope drop it for the other. But then we want to head back to the resort, and return to see Pandora at night, and ROL for the first time too. Are we going to have to stay at AK the entire day and night?

Not likely at all

Yup! Like below and others in other threads. That's why I was just trying to make the distinction earlier. Not a big deal -- really just clarify for myself whether I had missed an actual rumor... but it's just speculation. I think maybe CAS239 was just using rumor/speculation interchangeably -- All good! :goodvibes

However the strong rumor and how I think it will go is that AK will go to tiers and it'll be Tier 1: Both Pandora Rides and Rivers of Light.

So the ride is a seat one straddles? That is wierd. A turnoff for:
1. Edlerly :my mon can do soarin but no way is she able to straddle anything.
2. People in skirts
3. Just gross. Think Florida heat/ humidty and body sweat.

I think this will be a big turn off for a lot of people. I'm not thrilled about it.

Haven't heard anything beyond "It just makes sense, given what we know about how things roll at WDW." What you called "educated guess".

I've said in a couple places that ought not assume that tiering at AK would necessarily work the same as it does at the other parks. I've described a notion I call "soft tiering", for example, which puts only the three new headliners into Tier 1 but then allows the guest to schedule two of the three, instead of just one.

I thought about a similar soft or semi tiered system. Something where you could pick one but not both Pandora rides, along with another top tier ride like EE or Safari.

Why would you have to stay all day and night?

So the ride is a seat one straddles? That is wierd. A turnoff for:
1. Edlerly :my mon can do soarin but no way is she able to straddle anything.
2. People in skirts
3. Just gross. Think Florida heat/ humidty and body sweat.
Hmmm... I haven't been paying attention to this aspect. I've been trying to stay away from any specifics so that we can be surprised, but I think I'll have to take a look at this now!

ETA: I see it looks kinda like a motorbike coaster's seating... or really like riding any carousel out there (which I don't do anyway)... huh.

Given some of what I've seen in WDW wrt... ummm... choices around undergarment use (or not), this doesn't seem like the most sanitary option when thinking shorts, summer heat, etc.... :crazy2:

I'll keep an open mind and wait for reports, though. :goodvibes

Last edited:
Huh -- cool. And no massive complaints there about ickiness? :D
I was listening to a recent DIS podcast and they were joking about bringing wet wipes. ha ha..
but seriously when I look at the pictures of the tron ride.. it does look cool but what about larger people? I have seen many really large people be able to squeeze into soarin with no problems as the seats are larger. but the tron ride looks limiting to certain sizes.

Looks like it's going to be similar to the Tron lightcycle ride in Shanghai where you straddle it like a bike and the back part flips around and locks you into it.
If this is the case, it would emulate riding a banshee, maybe make it more realistic. I can see that.

"Avatar Sangria" -> A white sangria with some blue curaçao
"Banshee Chardonnay" -> A Chardonnay
"Banshee Pinot Noir" -> A Pinot Noir

As usual, Disney try to trick people into buying "regular" food by applying the name of a character/movie to it. And it'll probably work :D

But, joking aside, the rest of the menu seems really good and original. The "healthy-food" vibe goes well with the spirit they try to give to the land. And if it is on the DP, i guess the pricing makes it a good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter