***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand why people say Disney made the queue line 6 hours but they would inticipate the line to be 60 to 190 minutes long. I believe Disney made the queue line 6hours long because they intimidate at least that. Actually the cast members told me they are already set up for lines of 2 and 3 hours beyond the 6 hour queue line. I believe that it will happen.

I remember when Indiana Jones opened in Disneyland, the 4 and longer hour line for the ride. I remember a few years ago the 6 hour line at Epcot for frozen caractors. This ride is better than any E ride attraction I have ever been on at any theme park. I do believe that it will be a 6 hour or longer queue for at least the first year or more, probably until they get Star Wars and toy story up and running and then maybe it will be a two hour queue.

Soaring 17 years later is still never under 60 minutes at either park, I have seen them up to 120 or more. Especially at Disneyland. Test track is never under 60 minutes, always above 90 when I go anytime after am. FoP is twice the excitement of them, and in a park with so few rides, and rides who usually don't make it over 60 minutes, I could be wrong but I have never even seen rapids, EE or the safari above 45 minutes. My expectation, is I will not get another chance to ride this ride without a miracle for at least the next two years. This year I spent 31 days in the park, and that is my expectation for the next two years. Of course there are many that will stand in a line for that long, I will not. So I don't plan on seeing the ride again for quite some time.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Disney knows for a fact this ride will be a 6 hour queue for years to come.
I'm skeptical at the 6 hours. I've heard 4 hours.

And I'm fine with that but if you could put them in the spoiler tag that's great. We shouldn't have 30 Pandora threads as it is.

Unfortunately I can't move them anywhere. Yulilin3 controls where they go now as the thread monitor.

Unfortunately I can't move them anywhere. Yulilin3 controls where they go now as the thread monitor.
No I'm not asking you to move them I'm asking you to put them in a spoiler tag which is a feature of these boards. All you have to do is edit your post and put the YouTube links into the spoiler tag.

There are 8 seats on 3 floors so that is 24. If 7 couldn't ride that is 29%. Again others groups will have no issues but I still think it's looking like a bigger problem than any other ride at Disney. I saw a few comments today on twitter of folks who could not ride at the previews.

Placing a test seat will help you know before you wait in line you don't fit but it doesn't solve the issue that Disney has designed an attraction that leaves out a higher number of guests than they normally do.

It's 16 seats on 3 floors which would be 14.5%. As she said in the piece, the CM talked about how they are tracking body types to find ways to fix the issue. There are people who could not ride earlier that can ride now so it looks like they are trying to adjust it. This is why they have previews/soft openings.

It's 16 seats on 3 floors which would be 14.5%. As she said in the piece, the CM talked about how they are tracking body types to find ways to fix the issue. There are people who could not ride earlier that can ride now so it looks like they are trying to adjust it. This is why they have previews/soft openings.

Was using PP numbers since they were only in the know on half the theater. They were only discussing half the theater. We don't know if any or how many couldn't ride on the other side of the theater.

Good for Disney, they are trying to fix it ........ but bottom line right now it's a problem and we've never seen something this big a problem before. The folks who went today, had CMs work with them and they still couldn't ride, leans towards nothing has really changed. And if they are going to have to make some big adjustments to these ride "vehicles" we might be looking at this attraction opening with limited theaters as they go through and try to fix these things.

So happy we are doing a preview as I don't think we'll be trying again for a long time with the expected waits. The capacity already isn't great.

Any line can reach 6 hours... it's more that they never do because people just aren't willing to ever wait that long for some ride or experience. The last time I remember a 6 hour line in Walt Disney World was to meet Elsa soon after the Frozen movie came out.

More power to the people who would wait 6+ hours for a ride, but I could never do it. Disney planning for 8-9 hours seems... wow....

Tangent: I don't get the need for all the euphemisms.

"Of a certain size"
"Pooh-sized"
"Fluffy"
"Larger"

Why can't we just say "fat" :confused:

That said, with 7DMT and this situation, I am getting the feeling that there must be a particular reason this occurs (additional cost? would have to sacrifice some of the tech?) and Disney is thus far unwilling or unable to work around it.
The first time I said out loud to my husband "pooh-sized" (which actually was just last week) he gave a o_O look. Now I hadn't personally heard the term "pooh-sized" before joining the Boards but I just said "it's a term used for larger folks". I had heard of "fluffy" (thanks to Gabriel Iglesias :laughing:). Honestly I get it why though people don't want to just be labeled fat fat fat and instead choose a different descriptor.

I don't understand y everyone is comparing pandora to Harry Potter at UO. To me there 2 completely different experiences . Y cant we just appreciate both lands for what they r. Harry Potter is more for thrill seekers and Pandora is more for the beauty and nature of the land itself.

I don't understand y everyone is comparing pandora to Harry Potter at UO. To me there 2 completely different experiences . Y cant we just appreciate both lands for what they r. Harry Potter is more for thrill seekers and Pandora is more for the beauty and nature of the land itself.
People are comparing it because of the immersiveness. Potter was really the big first step into incredible immersive the ring in a land. This will continue to Star Wars and beyond.

People are comparing it because of the immersiveness. Potter was really the big first step into incredible immersive the ring in a land. This will continue to Star Wars and beyond.

EXACTLY. That's why the comparison is there. And fortunately for all of us, Disney has stepped up and matched Universal.... I CANNOT WAIT for Star Wars Land if Pandora is any measure of what we have in store.

Showcase of Wishes just posted a POV of Flight of Passage ............. it was different from the other one, did seem longer so maybe the other was edited shorter. Are there going to be different flights?

You are allowed to record and take pics inside NRJ, I asked because I do this for a living.
Even though the video that has been eluded to says that they asked permission from Disney to record and the were granted said permission, before entering the ride room they tell you that video or photography is not allowed. The specific youtube channel says that on body cameras that don't prevent you from using your hands is fine but I am not 100% sure about that.
How the heck was that video made? Was the camera looking through the 3D glasses?

Does anybody have an answer here for reverie who posted 4 or 5 pages back?

I know fitting on FoP has been heavily discussed on this thread, so sorry for asking another question pertaining to that. I was wondering if anyone knows if having a prosthetic leg would prevent you from riding. My husband has a below the knee prosthetic leg, so he can bend at the knee, but other than that there isn't much flexibility. The foot does not bend or move at all. I'm not sure if anyone has the answer to this question, but if those who have ridden could give me their opinion I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Does anybody have an answer here for reverie who posted 4 or 5 pages back?

I don't have an answer right now, but I'm going to take a closer look when I go on Friday (assuming the ride is operating). Her husband conveniently is the same height and shoe size as I am and I'll try my best to simulate and see if there may be any issues. I'm a physical therapist so I have a pretty good idea of how the prosthesis functions along with its general dimensions.

Regardless, there should be a test seat available when they go. Hopefully they will find some way to test the restraints as well.

But if the video is in 3D, how does it look as clear as it does without being videoed through glasses?

probably used a polarizer filter. You know those glasses you wear? it's just 2 polarizing filters that let light in from different directions. so put a polarizing filter on a camera and line it up correctly and you have just 1 eye of the image which is enough for a non-3d video.

at least that is my guess.

If this is close to the norm, and nearly 1/4 of the people will have trouble riding I really need to take back my previous thoughts and now feel this is a big issue and I expect better from Disney

Maybe this was an outlier group but I do think Disney needs to think of some way to address this / have some alternative for people that don't fit in the standard seat

I don't get the design of this seat at all. It's not friendly to tall or large people and I dont' see why it has to be like this. Design is definitely interfering with function in this case. I get they tilt you forward and you are on a ledge so they need to make sure you don't do something like jump up and fall to your death if startled.

Also it doesnt' seem like there has been training on what a person should to do to help get it to lock or any engineering instruction on how the seat is really designed to function. In my case I got locked in but after I got locked in, both CMs said, what did you just do so we can tell others...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter