• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I don't see any issue with the Banshee ride. It's no different than any coaster that has a piece come between your legs that your legs rest on or touch. Coasters at Busch Gardens, Sea World, and Universal/IoA operate just fine and no one feels the need to bring wipes lol.

Unless you're riding naked, I wouldn't worry lol. Now if you're in a wheelchair or elderly or have a type of disability that would make it difficult to get on the seat, that would be a different story. I'm sure they'll likely have a preview model outside the ride so people can see what the seat looks like and can judge if they can ride it then, much like some roller coasters do

So it will look like this?
Tier One (pick one attraction)
Flight of Passage
Na'vi River Jounrey

Tier Two (pick 2 attractions)
everything else

I think this is good. Just as long as they program the system to not force you to pick one from tier 1 just in case somebody doesn't want either Pandora ride. Which I'm sure they wont

It is 60 days for Swan/Dolphin. The only benefits you loose staying there are ME, MB and room charging. I had to go check since it was October when we stayed there and I couldn't remember for certain myself
Ok, thanks!

Are we certain it will be for Pandora only? I agree with above PP, that will really make that area really crowded and sounds much less appealing. Could it mean that because of Pandora they are having EMH?
Well everything I have seen so far says Pandora only. Of course that could change but that's the info we have right now.

Are we certain it will be for Pandora only? I agree with above PP, that will really make that area really crowded and sounds much less appealing. Could it mean that because of Pandora they are having EMH?
It would make more sense to close some areas but not all other areas...right?

Why don't I see the drink Nectar of Pangu Pangu on the menu? That looked so good. Or was this drink not at the quick service restaurant?
That drink is at Pongu Pongu the drink/snack location which is separate from the quick service.

It would maybe make sense to do a paid event like after hours for the whole park not just Pandora. If it is just Pandora it is going to be packed except maybe right before the closing at 1:00am

If this is the case, it would emulate riding a banshee, maybe make it more realistic. I can see that.

I also have a feeling that as far as what they have showed is going to be a bit different from riding the actual ride. If you watch the movie again, you can only ride the Banshees if you are an avatar. In order to keep with the story, we are probably going to "link" into an avatar and get on a banshee when the ride begins.

Similar to Soarin' depending on where you sit on the ride the distortion sometimes gets skewed on the visuals. If the Banshee on the ride is on the screen, it would look really weird if you were to sit on the sides. Now the rumors of anamatronic banshees on each ride vehicle would be the only way to solve this. It would be amazing if you get hoisted up onto the screen, and the anamatronic banshees pop out from under you.

Buuut I might be totally wrong.

One can only dream...

Yeah, we will probably do the same. We'll plan 2 days at AK to be able to FP both rides and then just wander and look later. Since I'm thinking it will be really awesome to walk around in at night.
Yeah, thinking it will be really cool at night. Excited to see what folks are getting once they book FP+!

I wonder if the website will crash tomorrow. I cant wait to see some reviews on Pandora once it opens.

Swan and Dolphin's website says this:
As a guest of the Walt Disney World® Swan and Dolphin Resort you may explore Pandora—The World of Avatar beyond regular Park hours from 11 pm to 1 am nightly, May 27th to July 4th 2017. This benefit is in addition to the Extra Magic Hours already available to you at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

That would lead me to believe that Pandora will be open nightly from 11pm-1am for onsite guests not the whole park unless there are evening EMH at AK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter