***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have 7 day tickets for a 10 day stay... I know I can only book 7 days of FP. We are planning some off days, plus we don't arrive till 4:30PM, so no parks that day. But, will I have problems booking days 9 and 10?

Any thoughts thus far on which is the more critical for FPing if you only have one day?

I've read somewhere (maybe here) that it may make sense to go for the boat ride for FP as more guests traveling with families of young kids would be going there instead of flight of passage. also FOP has several ride banks which may make wait times lower.

If we have 7 day tickets for a 10 day stay... I know I can only book 7 days of FP. We are planning some off days, plus we don't arrive till 4:30PM, so no parks that day. But, will I have problems booking days 9 and 10?

No, you will be able to book as many days as you have ticket entitlements for during your 10 day stay.

So it will look like this?
Tier One (pick one attraction)
Flight of Passage
Na'vi River Jounrey

Tier Two (pick 2 attractions)
everything else

I'm glad they are only restricting Pandora rides. This way i don't have to choose between Na'vi River journey and the Safari or EE.

Any thoughts thus far on which is the more critical for FPing if you only have one day?

I would like to know the same.

I posted pages and pages back in this thread that I think the smarter choice would be to FP the boat ride. Being that the boat ride doesn't have a height requirement so all families can go on it, thus possibly leading to longer standby lines.

The Banshee ride has a height requirement of 44 inches so a lot of small ones won't be able to ride. So both will have long waits, but I think the boat ride will gather more people

No, you just won't be able to book more than 7 days worth. So say you have 10 days (9 nights) and as long as 3 of those days don't have fastpasses, you are ok.

I posted a similar question on a different post but this one seems to be getting a lot more discussion so I'm putting it here too. The wording says that it is "select" resorts. Do we have any idea which ones apply? I found it kind of odd that it only said select. I'm staying at OKW. At first I thought, maybe its not Swan and Dolphin since they are a little different but it seems to include them according to the posts of others. Anyone have any ideas?

Wondering if evening emh will work the fame way as everywhere else. Where if you're not staying at a resort you can still walk around and maybe go to the store and restaurant

I posted pages and pages back in this thread that I think the smarter choice would be to FP the boat ride. Being that the boat ride doesn't have a height requirement so all families can go on it, thus possibly leading to longer standby lines.
I won't dispute Walter's thinking, but I'll add that we can also throw in the (presumably) higher capacity of the boat ride to possibly offset the "families" effect.

Since I've heard from another DISer that "Flight" apparently has a fantastic queue, my first gut instinct will be to ride that one standby the first time. This addresses a point made above by @McKelly We may find out that everyone gets to see the queue, even if just walking through it, but that will factor as well.

Fortunately, I don't need to make my FP reservations until late July, so there's plenty of time to find out what the strategy is.

ETA - I suspect both rides will have good queues, and doing multiple AK visits this Fall I expect to go through both more than once.

I posted a similar question on a different post but this one seems to be getting a lot more discussion so I'm putting it here too. The wording says that it is "select" resorts. Do we have any idea which ones apply? I found it kind of odd that it only said select. I'm staying at OKW. At first I thought, maybe its not Swan and Dolphin since they are a little different but it seems to include them according to the posts of others. Anyone have any ideas?
No idea why they said that but it will be ALL Disney resorts. Remember, these are written by bloggers, not official announcements. They just added a word that shouldn't be there. Disney does not distinguish benefits by resort. All resorts get the same park benefits in regards to EMH and FP

I won't dispute Walter's thinking, but I'll add that we can also throw in the (presumably) higher capacity of the boat ride to possibly offset the "families" effect.

Since I've heard from another DISer that "Flight" apparently has a fantastic queue, my first gut instinct will be to ride that one standby the first time. This addresses a point made above by @McKelly We may find out that everyone gets to see the queue, even if just walking through it, but that will factor as well. Fortunately, I don't need to make my FP reservations until late July, so there's plenty of time to find out what the strategy is.
The boat ride is supposed to have a higher capacity? I thought FoP would have the higher capacity.

Flight is supposed to have a good queue. You will also have the "creating your avatar" aspect of the queue.

The boat ride is supposed to have a higher capacity? I thought FoP would have the higher capacity.

Flight is supposed to have a good queue. You will also have the "creating your avatar" aspect of the queue.
The more I think on it the more I think we'll want to stand by each ride at least once. The the bigger strategy may be what is going to be the best time to do this? Opening, EMH, something else? Likely to be awful anytime, I guess.

Do we know if the avatar you create is something you view flying in front of you...like watching yourself fly on the banshee while simultaneously feeling what your avatar would be feeling? Does that make sense?

Do we know if the avatar you create is something you view flying in front of you...like watching yourself fly on the banshee while simultaneously feeling what your avatar would be feeling? Does that make sense?
I believe it's more along the lines of feeling what your avatar is feeling. You won't sit on the physical banshee of course but the simulator will give you that feeling.

I did not see where it said select resorts. Where did it say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter