OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

Those of you that have done the JB dining package, where do you enter the theatre for the show? With the FP crowd, or is there a different way to get in for dining packages?

Near EE for FP

Near Nemo for standby and dining. But I saw dining package folks walking past EE to get there. So probably a separate entrance.

Anyone if the night time will continue into the end of September and beginning of October?? I'm seeing it's ending in mid September and AK is back to 5PM closing.

I am really excited to experience AK at night this week! I'll be sure to post my reviews when I get back!
Thanks for all the amazing info, you are all awesome!

Near EE for FP

Near Nemo for standby and dining. But I saw dining package folks walking past EE to get there. So probably a separate entrance.
The JB FP line actually starts down the Kali River Rapids Path. We had JB FPs and went towards EE because we heard that is where the JB FP line was. There was a HUGE group of mad people covering the entire pathway who were trying to get to EE. We had to ask a cast member where to go for the JB FP line and they redirected us to the Kali pathway. After we went down the FP line we could see why all of the EE people were so mad....the CMs had ropes up allowing the JB FP line to flow while holding up all of the EE traffic. It was a big chaotic mess!! I'm sure they will tweak that process soon so it flows better.

...The second night we watched the 10:30 JB show, jumped in line immediately for EE around 10:58 and still made it there (walk through Dinoland for sure!) in time to get a front row view (a bit off to the side). Like fireworks, you're looking mostly up, not straight ahead so unless someone has a kid on their shoulders or is 6'6 to your 5'0, it's pretty easy to see.

We also would like to jump in line for EE after the 10:30 JB show. Where does the FP theater exit and what's the best path to take to EE SB line?

We also would like to jump in line for EE after the 10:30 JB show. Where does the FP theater exit and what's the best path to take to EE SB line?
It's right across from where you'll exit, it'll take you no more than 2 minutes to get there

The JB FP line actually starts down the Kali River Rapids Path. We had JB FPs and went towards EE because we heard that is where the JB FP line was. There was a HUGE group of mad people covering the entire pathway who were trying to get to EE. We had to ask a cast member where to go for the JB FP line and they redirected us to the Kali pathway. After we went down the FP line we could see why all of the EE people were so mad....the CMs had ropes up allowing the JB FP line to flow while holding up all of the EE traffic. It was a big chaotic mess!! I'm sure they will tweak that process soon so it flows better.

Were you 2nd show?

Just a question about the JB dining package. I booked Tusker House dinner under the dining package and was wondering if the menu is different than if we didn't have the dining package? Is it the buffet either way? Just wondering in case we decide not to see JB, we still want the Tusker House dinner buffet!

Just a question about the JB dining package. I booked Tusker House dinner under the dining package and was wondering if the menu is different than if we didn't have the dining package? Is it the buffet either way? Just wondering in case we decide not to see JB, we still want the Tusker House dinner buffet!

Same buffet

Yes, we went to the second show on Wednesday night.

2nd show fp line has been at Kali because they've been using the fp line as an exit for the first show. When we arrived for the 2nd show after they had started letting people in, the queue was before EE.

Those of you that have done the JB dining package, where do you enter the theatre for the show? With the FP crowd, or is there a different way to get in for dining packages?

We went Thursday. The dining package line started in front of the Nemo theater, but you can't walk directly there. Walk into Dinoland, pass the left for Nemo, then take the following left, which will take you past the big Brontosaurus. When we went for the first showing there actually wasn't a line because they let everyone in early. Not every CM knows this, so be wary of whom you ask for directions.

You may be at the tail end of the worse of it. I'd have to look at the dates again. I think it was like Sun-Tues, so 5 to 8 or so. We don't arrive till the 16th so I only half paid attention but remember thinking it would not be fun to be there during rain like they were forecasting. Anyway, it was while I was watching the national news this morning. They showed a tropical system moving across the peninsula of FL and the entire middle portion, including Orlando, was showing 5+ inches of rain. Said some could be upwards of 7" and include coastal flooding in Tampa area.
I realize this is from several days ago and someone may have commented with more info already but yesterday was the worst day. Rained fairly consistently from 1pm til this morning, some of it light and some of it extremely heavy. Rained stopped around 8 or so this morning and it was breezy and cool til about 12:30 or so. Now it's back to burning up!

Ok since I got the JB dining pkg today, and I also have FP, can someone sho has seen it from both sections, tell me which one they think is best? Also, if we are thinking of riding EE right after JB (first show), would it be better to sit in the FP section?

TIA

I realize this is from several days ago and someone may have commented with more info already but yesterday was the worst day. Rained fairly consistently from 1pm til this morning, some of it light and some of it extremely heavy. Rained stopped around 8 or so this morning and it was breezy and cool til about 12:30 or so. Now it's back to burning up!
Rain is never fun but too bad it had to get hot again so fast.

Ok since I got the JB dining pkg today, and I also have FP, can someone sho has seen it from both sections, tell me which one they think is best? Also, if we are thinking of riding EE right after JB (first show), would it be better to sit in the FP section?

TIA
I have only done the show from the fp section and it's the closest to Everest. Have fun tonight :)

Well we missed the JB show. Dinner went long and the safari was a priority. We did it about 8:45. It was good, lots of animals and you could still mostly see them but I wouldn't want to go later and 8:15 probably would've been perfect. I do actually like the sunset, it just doesn't really help much with seeing the animals.

Got done at KS and fast walked to EE so we could jump on before JB let out. EE at night was great! Pitch black in places!

Saw the DJ at Dino-land but not much else. Did catch the tail end of JB while walking to EE and it looked really pretty on the water. If you can believe it, I completely forgot to look at the tree as we were leaving. D'oh.

Here I am with my youngest on Tricatops Spin. Check out my shirt!
image.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter