OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

As of right now, on WFTV, our local ABC station
Sunday 5th 60% Monday 6th 70% Tuesday 7th 70% Wednesday 8th 40% Thursday 9th 40%
Now the % is coverage of rain in the central florida area. Worse days for all day rain seem to be Sunday and Monday

Sigh, it's looking more and more likely that the weather is going to screw up my Monday DAK plans. I guess I need to decide by Sunday if I want to reschedule.

no, not light rain, depending on the type of rain and winds they might change the show. I'm not sure exactly when they make that decision. Maybe @hiroMYhero will have more info on when the go to F! without the performers?
They'll down it prior to show time if raining heavily. Light rain is still a go and the show can run completely in light rain. There are just some adjustments made.

When lightning is less than 7 miles out and not moving away from DHS, the show will be canceled as soon as that's determined. They announce as soon as the decision is made prior to showtime to be able to clear the amphitheater as quickly as possible for guests' safety.

You may be at the tail end of the worse of it. I'd have to look at the dates again. I think it was like Sun-Tues, so 5 to 8 or so. We don't arrive till the 16th so I only half paid attention but remember thinking it would not be fun to be there during rain like they were forecasting. Anyway, it was while I was watching the national news this morning. They showed a tropical system moving across the peninsula of FL and the entire middle portion, including Orlando, was showing 5+ inches of rain. Said some could be upwards of 7" and include coastal flooding in Tampa area.

Rain, rain go away! We had a good inch of standing water in our lanai the other night

Quick request: Can anyone check availability for me on after-dark Safari FP+ times for Monday 06/13? I'm at my limit for pre-booked days so I can't search, and I'm trying to create a backup plan if I can't do this coming Monday.

I'm only able to search for two people but I can see availability at 7:55, 8:15, 8:50 and 9:05pm.

I feel for you with the rain - We are sick of it here in TX. I have not been able to mow my yard since before I left for Disney. I am thankful I am not flooded where I am. But the ground cant absorb anymore.

Anyone who has been to a JB show: can you report on the bug/mosquito situation? Someone posted before that they were terrible. If that has continued to be the case I will need to throw some bug spray in my bag for my allergic daughter.

What have the crowds been like at the "Kiss Goodnight?" Trying to decide how early we should stake out a spot in front of the Tree of Life for it. Thanks!

Anyone who has been to a JB show: can you report on the bug/mosquito situation? Someone posted before that they were terrible. If that has continued to be the case I will need to throw some bug spray in my bag for my allergic daughter.
I did not notice any bugs when we were at JB Wednesday night. But I'm sure it would be a good precaution if there is any allergy issue.

What have the crowds been like at the "Kiss Goodnight?" Trying to decide how early we should stake out a spot in front of the Tree of Life for it. Thanks!
When we saw the Kiss Goodnight this past Wednesday the crowd wasn't bad at all. There were no people within 2-3 feet of us. There was plenty of room to see and move around. And we absolutely LOVED it!! In my opinion it is definitely worth staying until park closing to watch it.

I was there two evenings in a row Memorial Day weekend and never noticed any, despite pretty heavy rains one of the days and clear the other.

We watched it twice and never had an issue walking up at the last minute. The second night we watched the 10:30 JB show, jumped in line immediately for EE around 10:58 and still made it there (walk through Dinoland for sure!) in time to get a front row view (a bit off to the side). Like fireworks, you're looking mostly up, not straight ahead so unless someone has a kid on their shoulders or is 6'6 to your 5'0, it's pretty easy to see.

Thank you so much for the info. on the Kiss Goodnight. Does anyone know how much the animal light-saber type things are?

I don't think JB is too temporary. I see a casting call went out again for dancers for June 18th.

I don't think JB is too temporary. I see a casting call went out again for dancers for June 18th.

We spoke to our favorite supervisor CM, she helped us book our vacation this time and she always seems to know what's happening and have the inside scoop. She told DH yesterday that when we travel, sept 29, that we should definitely see ROL. She said that they are only tweaking small things now, that the biggest issue has been solved. She also said that since reviews for JB have been so bad, that they are working as fast as they can to get ROL running. I was glad because we are hoping to get to skip JB completely and see ROL!

Those of you that have done the JB dining package, where do you enter the theatre for the show? With the FP crowd, or is there a different way to get in for dining packages?

We spoke to our favorite supervisor CM, she helped us book our vacation this time and she always seems to know what's happening and have the inside scoop. She told DH yesterday that when we travel, sept 29, that we should definitely see ROL. She said that they are only tweaking small things now, that the biggest issue has been solved. She also said that since reviews for JB have been so bad, that they are working as fast as they can to get ROL running. I was glad because we are hoping to get to skip JB completely and see ROL!

Til Labor Day is the rumor I heard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter